Are you ever seriously horrified with the time you spent on Veeky Forums as a teen, and the influence it had over you?

Are you ever seriously horrified with the time you spent on Veeky Forums as a teen, and the influence it had over you?

Just thinking back I remember being a /b/tard and /r9k/er and the general attitude was

>doing well in school is for normie conformists
>lifting and playing sports is for douchebag chads
>extreme misogyny and delusion about girls, and getting a gf.
>Everyone is hostile basically.
>Life is pointless, nothing matters, etc.
>It's ok and encouraged to laugh at the misfortune of others

No wonder so many guys on Veeky Forums are broken, and filled with regret. The time you spent on this website filled you with delusion and negativity.

At least here on Veeky Forums people generally try to lift each other up (hehe) instead of put each other down.

I wish I never found this place.

Not really. In some strange way I feel a kinship with you shitposting lot, which is why I come back.

pretty much
Veeky Forums ruined my life when i discovered it through /b/ 11 years ago

More than a decade on this website and I'm over here about to start law school. Veeky Forums has made me bitter and critical about everything I interact with. And I love all you assholes anyway. Thanks for being there when no one else was you faggots.

I never let it influence me, the community is toxic and I know it.

But I am dismayed by how much time I waste here instead of working on real shit. I should be working on my OpenGL project.

Funnily enough I've learned a lot about what not to be from this site, since I've been here as a teenager back in 2010

I've enjoyed my time here otherwise and will be graduating as a well-functioning adult with a good job and will continue to come here for what it is

Nope. I was on /b/, and then I was and /co/, and now I'm on Veeky Forums. I love Veeky Forums, I had some of the best laughs of my life here. I even learned a few things that weren't forced memes.

Veeky Forums didn't ruin my life. I push myself hard to prove people on here wrong.

>you'll see
>you'll all see

I've been on this shithole of a website for 10 years now. It has been the source of a lot of joy and hilarity and also a distorted perception of reality. Overall I don't regret it. Who wants to be normal a-anyway r-right?

But yeah been on Veeky Forums for a good 10 years now. It's a good site, easy to vent and mingle and actually not a lot of hostility compared to many other sites. A post count or registration date makes people think they are all that on other sites
>2007 bodybuilding.com account

this site is entertaining but jesus christ is it terrible sometimes

you people spend more time putting other guys down than girls, and that takes some doing. no, it isnt "just memes", you are mentally fucking up people who want to improve themselves.

Veeky Forums is r9k on steroids.

Exactly this. Plus I also played WoW. That ruined it too.

I held onto grudges I didn't even know I had. It's odd. Needless to say, if your only social life is Veeky Forums and those who go on it. You need to access the real world too. It's so far not even a joke as to what damage this place can do to you. Just know yourself and question everything.

>Veeky Forums didn't ruin my life. I push myself hard to prove people on here wrong.
Pretty much this. I realized really fast that I didn't want to end up like most people on this website.

No, I was toxic enough without this site, I don't think it changed anything. You can blame it on Veeky Forums or you can acknowledge that we're all at least a little fucked up regardless if we go to a site like this. I have 0 regrets, I love you shitposting retards.

True

Veeky Forums + FFXI + drugs pretty much made my high school social life kill.

its nice to have alot of people that are just like you and never been with a female before

>found /b/ when I was 11
RIP innocence, I hardly ever knew you.

in my case I would probably just have shittier english and less culture. I would sill be bitter and autistic.

I first started using Veeky Forums at like 13 and browsed /b/ up until I was around 17 before moving to Veeky Forums but I used it as a tool to improve myself, i was terribly socially growing up and i had no idea where to start with girls, confidence, clothing, anything at all and over the years I read different infographs and books. I was really depressed at the time and I spent a lot of time alone besides some internet friends but I learned so much and I eventually faked it until I made it, I'm 20 now and I have made friends, had sex, good job, really happy, I go to the club and dance and have a good time and pull sexy ladies being a manlet. Nobody would ever guess that I have spent so much time on a place like this and how much if formed how I look at the world and how I created myself, take what you can from the website and learn to not let the other stuff get to you, once you make it there is no other feeling quite like it

>putting other guys down
Elaborate.

wish I never found this site, especially back in high school when I was already introverted/anti-social enough. burned too many damn hours here.

that being said, I definitely had some gud laffs back in the day which I guess was important for my sanity since I was depressed about most other things.

oddly enough I've recovered into a full normie in the last couple years, I go out and have lots of close friends and am seeing a qt. the only remnants being a slightly darker sense of humor and desensitized to gore. hate to admit it but this coincided with me browsing leddit more than Veeky Forums. also with me only ever browsing Veeky Forums and /tv/.

not that leddit is responsible for my improvement or anything. leddit is a shithole in a different way and the leddit hivemind is fucking unbearable. somehow I'm more addicted to that site even though I still think 4chanz is better

>be 18 in 2014
>summer before uni
>done with school so my subconscious allows me to realise i dont really like my friends
>discover /b/
>didnt really affect that summer
>discover Veeky Forums in autumn
>has shaped most of my reading since (60 odd books)
>summer 2015, im actually reasonable happy with life at this point desu
>discover Veeky Forums
>start working out, feeling good about myself, increased testosterone is a godsend
>large part of my life went to shit at the start of this year
>find it difficult to talk about my feelings without alcohol
>shitposting on Veeky Forums in my little free time was therapeutic

everything i know about lifting, and most of what i know about philosophy and literature, has been thanks to the chan
as much as i really really hate to say it, i have no idea where id be without you coons

Veeky Forums is fun. I wasn't a turbo autist like you who took Veeky Forums seriously so I turned out okay.

Nah. Veeky Forums opened me up to viewpoints that I would have never found in real society. Plus I was already hopeless before it. Racist nationalist, without a real social life, extreme inability to speak with others, who spent his time trolling various forums on the web. Sometimes Veeky Forums led me on the wrong path, but overall Im happy I found this place, because it changed me and inspired me. Writing that made me realise how pathetic my life is...

Veeky Forums pretty much saved me. I had no friends, was depressed, was bullied in school. Stayed in my room 24/7. Found Veeky Forums and wasn't so lonely anymore. Each time I was bullied in school I thought to myself I had my secret club of Anonamouse back home on my computer. Still in my room, but at least I had a window out into the world.
I also feel the community gets a bad rep. To me it seems like there was more intelligent people here than on other places on the internet. Maybe just feels like that because we were so similar in the beginning.

[spoiler]holy shit it's been a decade[/spoiler]

the constant posts on Veeky Forums making fun of people for being short, not white, or whatever

the irony is it's a bunch of 16 year old autists posting that crap, but people still take it seriously

This. Veeky Forums gave me the original spark to improve myself and to be unafraid of questioning society, but in a real way, not the hollywood dyed-hair way.

>not white
you realize where you are, right?

the irony is germany is being taken over by syrian refugees

>muh master race

enjoy the syrian dick, merkel

Nah man are you crazy

I already had many of the views expressed here before finding you guise

It was like finally realizing I am not alone

I'd never want to have a normie personality anyway

>Finland
ok?

>the pool isn't open

>implying it won't just turn into a race war soon

I sure hope so

Did anyone else used to think Veeky Forums was filed with hackers and cheese pizza?

Been here for... 10 early, formative years now. I managed to net a positive but the years between was filled with crime, hard drugs, and unsafe sex. None of that is 4chans fault, it just sharpened the spear. I had a great time and am glad to have had a roodypoo band of autistic children coach me through a broken life with cheetohands and memes

It was, cuck.

Been here for 6 Years now which is more then enough.
First on /b/ just shitposting atheism and racism.
Then on /v/ and finally for the last 2 years on Veeky Forums exclusively.
Veeky Forums has its good and bad sides thats for sure. Being able to talk unfiltered can be a great thing. Then again if all you use that for is to spam nigger a bunch of times youre kind of squandering potential.
A lot of people also feel like they need to conform to the newest hivemind trends and shitpost any dissenting opinions. A marketplace for ideas and shitposting. But i cant deny its not fun every once in a while. But all yall newfags need to stop taking shit so seriously.

Don't ever fucking reply to me again.

I like to think I'd be a racist pedophile even if I hadn't started coming here.

This. Ive always hated short guys, non whites and fat people but i cant express any of that irl or the millions of SJWs around me will burn me alive. On the chon i dont need to worry about being PC

> just realised i've been here 8 fucking years

>Are you ever seriously horrified with the time you spent on Veeky Forums as a teen, and the influence it had over you?

A bit, but it also had it's good sides. Got into politics and stocks, started lifting due to Veeky Forums. I actually feel better now and managed to obtain gf, almost finished my engineering degree and still come here.
It's a bit like an abusive relationship.

You're just a faggot, stop blaming others for your mistakes, I've come here for 10 years being at: a,b,c,d,co,e,gif,h,pol,s,r9k,u,int,x and the last 3 months at fit and I'm having a successful life, at the med school, friends, gf, etc. So if you believe that the stupids comments at a anonymous imageboard ruined your life you should seriously seek for help