Broke college kid looking for some diet advice

broke college kid looking for some diet advice

this is an average post workout meal (3 ramen packs + 1 soup base + 2x 22.5g chicken + 18g oysters + 90g protein shake) which adds up to around 150g

I'm 5'11 around 190 pounds, will this be enough to get gains on a budget?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=35es-h6xF-0
ironmanmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/articles/6406-Big-On-A-Budget.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=-8pC1l_FegM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why eat all that when you could snort a fat rail of salt?

But seriously, canned chicken and oysters are bomb as Fuck. Watch out though I went on a ramen binge for a while and it began to give me headaches. Here's another cheap bulking food you May like:

Canned beans, drained
Butter
American single
Fry beans in butter then add cheese when nice and toasty. It takes like 5 minutes. I like black beans the most they're highest in fiber I believe other than 1 other legume but they don't come canned in my area

Total cost per meal is about $1.10

1 can of beans: 85 ¢
1 piece of cheese ~16¢
1 tbsp of butter about 10¢

Best of luck

do you live near water or forest?
if so, just hunt

>fry beans in butter then add cheese

What the fuck am I reading here

Read the sticky

unbeatable staples on a low budget diet are:
rice / oats / other grains
whatever good quality meat there is on sale
some cheap vegetables, even frozen
milk
peanuts

how much protein are we talking for a meal like that?

and I hate cooking shit

>ramen packs
jesus fuck why nobody cooks? you save a lot of money, pasta is dirty cheap

ramen is cheaper, plus cooking is tough in my current living situation (dorms)

boiling water on my hotplate in a kettle and putting that into a big bowl with noodles is way easier

Ramen is for fucking idiots, eat rice, its cheaper.

Look everyone i'm a college kid and eating ramen XDDD

noodles are bad for you, m8. they don't give any nutrition and they're fucking up digestion.

rice, canned-tuna, beans, chicken, lentils, chickpeas, and veggies. This is all you need.

youtube.com/watch?v=35es-h6xF-0

this song goes out to you my nigga

also rice or a shitload of pasta + bulk chicken is probably cheaper in the long run

ironmanmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/articles/6406-Big-On-A-Budget.pdf

youtube.com/watch?v=-8pC1l_FegM and the rest of the series

find a cheap grocery store

Go to your fucking butchers you inbread fuck.

You can get mass amounts of quality chicken cheap as fuck

/thread/

If you're gonna keep eating ramen then I have some advice. Not making a meal plan for you though.

Bring 2 cups of water (right at 2 cups) to a boil, and drop in an un-crushed block of the noodles and the flavor packet. Let it cook for 1 minute.
At exactly one minute, crack 2 eggs into it and let cook for another minute and a half.

Dump into a bowl and eat.

Ate similar to this for a while. Got fucking agonising haemorrhoids. Remember to get your fibre in, son.

LOL us college kids SO BROKE amirite??

thanks man

minute rice just fine?

I eat whole grains with my breakfast, but noted

That's a great meal, minus all the sodium.

Go with staple foods, rice, chicken, beans, tuna, meat on sale, no name veggie bags

Don't get no minute rice, it's shit tier. Do what the Asians do and buy a big bag of white rice. 20 bucks for a bag would last a long time
Also white vs brown rice, you gain miniscule positives out of brown, it's preference really.

Can I make that shit in a rice maker? Probably a stupid question but I have 0 cooking skill

I down like 200-250g of pasta each day. Cheap and fast.

Ramen is disgusting. Get common spaghetti. Is cheap AF and you actually know what you are eating

get some eggs and go for some egg fried noodles as well

throw out the salt package in the ramen because it contains Monosodium glutamate (MSG). Some people are allergic to it, sounds like you are one of them.

Check on Amazon for a microwave rice cooker famalam

How about you stop taking out loans for your Gender Studies doctorate and spend the money on actual food?

Yeah but you should take a multivitamin

You can google how to cook, seriously.
Lurk Veeky Forums for a while, use their archive to search for questions/recipes.
Remember they don't care about nutrition very much.
Rice and veggies are perfect for a rice cooker, most have steam trays for veggies.
Chicken either in pan with olive oil or on a george forman.
Canned tuna doesn't need to be cooked, personally I mix a can or two with a thing of frozen spinach and add a couple eggs, fry until eggs are done.

The cheapest way to get gains are

1) Milk
2) Cheap Meat (dark meat chicken is usually cheap)
4) Rice and other cheap grain

Rice is about 4,000 calories/dollar. Oats is about 3,000 calories/dollar. If you get a large portion of your calories from these things, you'll do very well.

For protein, just compare different options. Figure out grams of protein per dollar. Milk is usually the best, or close to the best. Protein powder is mediocre.

>ramen is cheaper
Said no cook ever. Kill yourself senpai.

Whole Milk, peanut butter, beef mince, chicken thighs (cheaper than breast), sweet potato, tuna, beans, bananas, eggs, rice and whey.

Literally so easy.

What are you even doing, nigger? Have you considered that you might be broke because you buy shitty prepackaged foods rather than cooking for yourself?

Here's how to do it properly, and not be a bloated as fuck stroke victim by the time you're 25:

Get a potato. A big, loose baking potato. I don't give a shit where you are, that's not going to be more than 20p tops. Get a loose onion. The cheapest loose onion you can find, doesn't have to be any fancy shit, it's just a fucking onion. Now grate both of those key ingredients into a bowl. Leave the skin on the potato while you grate it unless you're some kind of cuck who doesn't even know that potato skin is delicious. Crack an egg into the bowl, stir it round a bit with your hands, and press it all into burger shapes. You should get about 2-4, and you need to use those gains from the gym to compact those fuckers as hard as you can so that they don't fall apart. Teaspoon of oil in a pan, and fry them on a low heat. Press down on the tops of them from time to time with a spatula. They should look golden to dark brown and be crispy when they're ready.

In the meantime, boil up some lentils (you only want about 50g with this). The cheapest way to buy this is by getting a kilogram bag of dried lentils for 60-70p. Stick it all on a plate together and eat it.

The whole meal should cost about 70p all in, and is packed with carbs, the lentils and egg also have protein and you can still have your shake afterwards.

And for fuck's sake, stop eating fucking ramen, you'll end up retaining so much water that blue peter will send you to Africa to stop the niggers dying of thirst.

Probably costs like 1.00USD.

essential diet to get a heart attack by the age of 30.

is that eggs??

what's on top??

Looks good man. 3 eggs?

also, what seasoning?

Ketchup, dried chives, parsley. Nothing fancy.

Good eye, sniper-- 3 eggs. Provologne inside.

This is Poseidon's Cunt.
>1 can tuna
>1tbsp olive oil
>2 eggs
>9 whole grain crackers
>1 tbsp chili paste, siracha works too
Mix, let it be thinner than you think it should be, cook in pan, slide between 2/7 your favorite loaves of thick whole grain bread. You will literally get a pump just from eating it.

> ketchup

I'll replicate that, but with hot sauce instead. Ketchup is fuckin gross.

Just buy rice, its just as cheap. Bread isnt expensive either. An what about oats? I can buy a kilogram oats for 3 euro's. You can finish it in a minimum
Of 5 days. That's 60 cent per day for nutrious food with lots of calories.

fellow student here i know its tough to do this cheap and with so little time. ramen is delicious but you need to fortify it

swap the oysters with sardines, less bad stuff and more protein.

add 2 eggs for each pack of ramen you eat, quarter some brussel sprouts and add those in too

start using black beans and chickpeas as your starch. otherwise it looks good

not a stupid question

rice and beans can be done in a rice cooker

meat, chicken and veggies can also be done in a rice cooker but i'd do them separate from the rice and beans unless youre trying to do stew

Anyone have that recipe for microwaved lentils and bullion cubes?