SS while on a slight calorie deficit

It may be a little long but i'd appreicate if you guys can give me your opinion on this.
So i got an appointment to calculate my BMI.
The results says i burn 1814 calories.
My bf is%15 and im skinny-fat like the guy on the pic.
I eat around 2040 calories , 145gr protein , 80gr fat , 116gr carb. I only eat veggies meat and stuff like yoghurt.
My goal is to drop my BF to %10-%12 while making some newb strength gains. What can i expect. Will this work at all ?

Other urls found in this thread:

newbie-fitness.blogspot.com.tr/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html
bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/adding-muscle-while-losing-fat-qa.html
barbellmedicine.com/training/top-10-mistakes-people-following-starting-strength-make/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Weight and height?

My workout routine is
newbie-fitness.blogspot.com.tr/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html

Im 180cm 72 kg

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/adding-muscle-while-losing-fat-qa.html

Yes, but your gains will be limited, and my guess is you'll just come out at the end of it as skinny (which might be your goal for some reason).

Im in your situation and decided to bulk first. Then I might cut and at the end of it I'll hopefully have put on some lean mass to show for it and not just be skinnyfat, rinse and repeat.

I'd consider this path as you if you plan on building muscle later, as your bf% is likely to go up if you are doing it right.

Yes my goal is to lose weight.
After i achieved that i'll stick with SS with a calorie surplus as long as i can make real progess then switch to smth else like the texas method.

Wait, you want to trying lose weight eating 2040 calories, at a TDEE of 1814?

Because if you are, it's time to read the sticky.

If not (you plan on eating at a deficit) then yeah you are all set.

yes bet my tdee is 1814 without the workout and and i will be doing 20 min lightcardio on non workout days

meant to say but not bet^

20 mins of light cardio + SS will not burn nearly enough calories to justify eating at a 200 calorie surplus if you are trying to lose weight. You should be thinking 500 calorie deficit instead; this standard recommendation is already with cardio and lifting taken into account.

i just read the diffrence between tdee and bmr.
My BMR is 1814. I guess my TDEE will be around 2200

If you want to be efficient, eat 1700 calories instead, should be 2.5x faster to lose weight.

just fixed my diet with your advice.
1630 calories 115gr protein 74gr fat 70gr carb
Will try for a month to see how im doing.
Thanks for the advice

One more thing, you might want to look into eating way more protein, From the sticky (which you should read):
>1g/lb of bodyweight is a good rule of thumb
would mean about 160gr protein. Protein is even more important when cutting.

Good luck, user.

you are doing it wrong brah
if you "bulk" with >15% bodyfat you'll never cut without losing a shitton of muscle
if you are starting with lifts always curt first

i'll look into that

Fatty on a perma-cut here. This is what I've been doing for almost a year now, cutting at -500 and SS. I did make some gains in the beginning, mainly because I'd never really done these kinds of lifts before, but I'm definitely stalled out across the board on all lifts now.

I'm literally a pound and a half away from my "goal weight", and then it's "Bulk On!"

I dont plan on cutting more than 2-3 months tho.
Btw how much weight did you lose ?

Funny, now looking at my first progress pic, I look like the dude on the left pic when I started.

nice progress dude. What did you do ?

Starting strength works very well if you do it correctly, the vast majority of people dont and if you try this you will stall quickly. Either do it properly or dont do it at all. Read the books, watch the videos and put a lot of effort into it and you will see massive strength gains while not becoming very fat.

barbellmedicine.com/training/top-10-mistakes-people-following-starting-strength-make/

I dont see how doing 'SS' while cutting would be wrong for my goals tho. It was either doing cardio or lifting weights.
And from my experience i can say that doing only cardio and diet makes me weaker.
Im only new to lifting weights. I started losing fat 6 months before i decided to do ss.

I get that i will prob stall after 1-2 months if i stay on deficit but i dont plan to stay longer than 2 months anyway so i think it would be beneficial to my progress

This is how i look atm

If youre new to strength training just eat at maintenance. You will still look skinnyfat if you start by cutting. You'll gain STRENGTH but not necessarily mass. Or you can do it and learn for yourself like i did

>wants to cut
m8 above all else you need to exercise..

been doing cardio for 6 months lost more than 15kg

First ICF until I plateu then Kinobody greek god program.

yeah so op is full of shit

You need to worry more about gaining muscle than losing fat.

>My bf is%15 and im skinny-fat like the guy on the pic.
>like

go to bed shlomo

Thanks for all the replies.
I decided to eat 150gr protein with 300 calorie surplus do it for 1-2 months and see how it goes