Do you guys have any advice on credit card debt...

Do you guys have any advice on credit card debt? I had a family emergency this year and now I'm in debt for the first time in my life.

I'm a little under 10k in cc debt and I'm paying roughly $200 a month in interest alone.
I've already made a strict budget but I won't be out of this hole until at best mid 2019 while losing a couple thousand dollars.

Is there a better way?
What do Veeky Forums?

Get another card, trade crypto and get rich

buy high sell low

I can't risk going going further into debt. I'm glum enough as it is.

Definitely interested when I'm out though.

Bump.

Pls help

Kek

bankruptcy?

idk i wouldnt pay shit if it was for medical.

i got lots of outstanding medical bills but all my money in crypto so they cant touch LMAO

>I can't risk

They just work your wage slave job and be a normie forever

I would strongly suggest renting out your asshole.

Call credit card company. Tell them what's up and tell them you're a dumb kid in a bind for a good cause. Tell them you have good intentions to pay and you already have been doing so. Then see if they'll work with you on repayment options

Get a new card with 1 year of no interest on transfers. Then pay it off within the year.

Or get a loan from your bank with a 5% interest and pay that.

Also, banks know the medical system is fucked up and often don't consider medical bill debt on a credit report. Let the cc company know it all went into medical expenses

balance transfer checks
keep applying for new cards
keep moving the balance from card to card
infinite points

this. keep getting cards to pay off the other card

Thanks! This is pretty great advice!

It's not medical debt my dad was injured and couldn't work for a couple months and I had to take over financial responsibilities.

think about it like this op

bills are a peice of paper asking for another peive of paper.

stop paying all credit card bills for a year

then you will get offers that they want to settle for usually half of what you owe.

save half your money.

thank me later

dont do this if you have cc debt with wells fargo
they didnt wanna settle with me and sued me for 5,000 dollars i owed them

thank me later

all of my credit cards only allow payment through direct bank checking accounts/routing numbers. How do you pay off a credit card with another credit card?

OP, look up debt consolidation services. They will group your loans and give you 1 loan instead at a better rate. There are also companies that will fight to reduce your debt aggressively to your credit card companies. my friend did it and it saved him thousands.

They don't call it that, they call it a credit transfer. But I've never done it.

I'd assume you can establish the new card that allows for 1-year+ interest free transfers, then call them and say, "I would like to transfer my balance on my Visa card to my new card with you." And they should be pretty willing to help. Otherwise, sometimes the online portals of credit card companies are pretty useful.

Get a few more credit cards and a couple loans. Go wild. File bankruptcy. The only repercussion is you can't easily rent a new place if that's what you do, but it will only take 3-5 years to rebuild credit to a usable level, or if you plan to apply for a job that involves finance it might stick you if you're in a capitalist pig state.

I got a Discover it card before it does no interest balance transfers for 15 months. I paid off two seperate cards with it. I only paid a small fee for each transfer like less than 100 total. So I'd reccomend that card

you just have to keep at it and try to pay it down as quickly as possible. Like you said, have a strict budget. Seriously, sacrifice your entertainment/social expenses, quit drinking booze or eating out, etc. don't splurge on shit you don't really need, keep that 6 year old cellphone, you don't need the new one.

I was in similar situations when I was 18-22, maxed out multiple credit cards. It became pretty frustrating and stressful. Now I'm in my 30s, I don't even use credit cards anymore. I budget so carefully and make enough money that I can save ~$10k+/year and just accumulate/invest that, if an emergency comes up I can draw from all of my accumulation. I never buy anything on credit/loan besides real estate (not even cars, if I can't buy it in one payment I don't buy it). I keep a $1k limit credit card as an actual last resort, like if my bank account was frozen or I lost my bank card or something like that, but I haven't used it a single time in like 5+ years.

You have to try doing a 0% interest balance transfer onto a new card as they said. Best first step imo. Good luck.