"we didn't lose our empire, we just gave it away"

>"we didn't lose our empire, we just gave it away"

Is he right?

Well arguably they could have held it with extreme cost in resources and manpower but what would the point have been?

No, Suez Crisis

The US did basically force the UK to surrender its empire but in the sense that it wasn't some grand colonial uprising or a hostile power stripping them from them he's right.

More like they didn't play along with Britain's schemes to keep it together

No, the two world wars financially crippled briton. In both the british used colonial exploitation to immporve their chances of victory but at the cost of imperial stability. The most obvious example was promising the indians independence if they fought in world war one, and also the balfour declaration, and also sending loads of ozzies and kiwis to die in the balkans, amd allowing candian troops to fight together on the wester front, all of which creaded feelings of nationalism in those countries divorced and actually contrary to the british empire.

On top of that the easter rising and eventual irish independence as a direct resukt of ww1 basically showed to everyone else briton had lost the ability to hold on to countries in the face of determined resistance.

At the end of ww2 it was obvious to everyone that briton was no longer a world power and with the country in a state of economic turmoil the british chose to simply let their colonies go rather than fight a series of brutal wars against nationalsits that would almost certianly dive said nationalists into the arms of the soviet union.

So on the one hand they did give it away, but its not like they had a choice, like when someone points a gun at you and asks for your phone, technically you are giving it to them but at the end of the day its not like you have a choice

this
if they didn't, it would be Vietnam tier clusterfuck

Oh yeah and also promising the arabs an independent state before even colonising them and dragging south africa into a war they didnt want and also germans running around africa fucking with everyones colonies and counter japanese resistance groups in ww2 basically morphing into counter british when the war ended

The british act like they gave it away but really they just realized they had played themselves and decided to save face and give up rather than making it worse

did you know that England sent mercenaries dressed as pirates to the Caribbean to raid and plunder merchant ships from France and Netherlands?
that's how the British Empire built its wealth
by conquering savage people and fucking over their European neighbors
they only defeated other Europeans by allying with the Turks or something

im not sure if you guys have noticed it but he is very biased in regards to everything british

>they only defeated other Europeans by allying with the Turks or something
[Citation needed]

Rings of butthurt.

Britain still owns parts of Spain, France, Cyprus and Ireland.
Stick that in your cuckpipe and felch it, mongoloid.

imagine losing to your centuries-subjugated next door neighbour

>dressed as pirates

lol, they were not "dressed as pirates" how old are you 12?

>Lindybeige
>Right
choose one

When the bongs submitted to the Americans in the late 18th Century and fucked off to India, it showed everybody that they were LARPing as an "empire" and couldn't stand up to firm resistance to their crimes. The rest is just details. They floundered about in tribalist locales, bled themselves white in pointless wars and were finally exposed as fraudulent when they were cucked in Singapore. But the die was cast over a century before that.

>american education

>late 18th century
when the US became independent??

the late 18th century if that's what you're asking

wasn't asking that

what do you think he meant then lad, he's saying the bongs submitted to the Americans when they fought for independence and won

I mean they were already in india before the US became independent

Yeah spudniggers were such a loss for the union.

Britain, not "briton" you illiterate

>When the bongs submitted to the Americans in the late 18th Century and fucked off to India, it showed everybody that they were LARPing as an "empire" and couldn't stand up to firm resistance to their crimes. The rest is just details. They floundered about in tribalist locales, bled themselves white in pointless wars and were finally exposed as fraudulent when they were cucked in Singapore. But the die was cast over a century before that.

hes literally not wrong,

All the British soldiers who died to preserve the British empire in World War One/Two died for literally nothing. It really puts things in perspective. Britain could have sat out of both wars and achieved the exact same results.

Lol if it wasn't the case we'd be in pax germanica instead of pax anglo

Man debate has really gone downhill online, just behold its power.

A greentext.

stupid question

>copy paste but with a brainlet wojack so ur BTFO

Briton is an adjective

>Be Britcuck
>Suez Canal crisis
>Britcuck : Hell no am I losing my empire! I'm gonna fight to keep it!
>America and USSR : No, give it up right this moment.
>Britcuck : Yes sir.....

>Over half a century later.
>Britcuck : And don't forget kids! We never abandoned our empire! We simply gave it away!

Can someone please tell me why do Britcucks legitimately believe they didn't lose their empire?

b-but the Falklands m-man! W-we fought for them!

He's right though.

Just this morning I was reading on the Mahdist War, how the Brits would exploit the conflict to increase their influence.

This is just one example from countless ones. The British were garbage and could not rule over others without said others destroying each other first. When we think of "empire", we think about the Romans subduing the barbarians directly, or the Mongols pillaging and destroying all their enemies, or the Persians directly annexing all territory around them. Yet the Brits that made created their empire through divide-and-conquer bear the same title as those other empires, how disgusting...

I believe you mean Pax Americana friend

All empires did that though

Gave away? It was more along the lines of coming to realize that the form it had taken countered our high values of respect for personal determination, equality, and justice.

>briton

I scowled noticeably.

>looks at ministers from the commonwealth
>they all swear an oath to the crown
>they can re-annex them anytime they want
>I'm secretly hoping I'll do something to get recognized when A-day comes and the Empire is resurrected and they auto commission me to an O5 and I go onto reunify trouble areas. That's one other thing they can do btw

what a mad dream

it's unethical to think you're the master of someone else's destiny, that was the whole problem with the colonial system, it was exploitative, ultimately morally untenable

>unethical to think you're the master of someone else's destiny,

The Brits were the master's of their own destiny. That's all that matters to me.

>it was exploitative

Good.

>the Brits were the master's

Remedial grammar school this thread.

Ho ho, what have we here? A misplaced apostrophe is it? Well I supposed that erases the entire moral difference between us and I must concede that Britain is in fact better being blacked and muzzied instead of spreading its own culture outward and having basic survival principles in place. I'm glad you could show me the light user, if only I weren't typing so quickly.

haha what kind of faggot

oi, that really put the bee in your bonnet, must happen often

People' whining" abou"t apostrophe's on 4
chan? Actually no Iv"e never seen it before'

It just makes me wonder if I'm conversing with some kind of foreigner every time I see one, your posts take on that European lackadaisical pronunciation in my mind. Like an Italian, or french. It's just like how many times I hear one of them say "catastrofe," grinds my gears a bit.

They were forced to give it away, which means they lost it.
He's playing word games to save face.

You've lost me.

They can re annex any of those countries except the US at will. The foreign ministers swear an oath to the monarchy. How was he not accurate?

It came to a head and the powers at be realized we lost it. We didn't have support any longer, it was through, it was epiphany, we could have struggled on, but it lacked the spirit it had before. Britain just couldn't keep doing this any longer, it was a new age, an age for change, the ways, the foibles, the hierarchy of the 19th century, it was long in passing, but it went.

Reckon a great many have heard that from you.

You pretty much sold it to the US for more credit for more ammo during WWI.

Then the Crash of 1929 wiped out what ever private capital was left.

You've reckoned wrong, but you're having trouble staying on topic and you're not at all interesting. I don't know why you keep posting frankly.

The spirit lives within you, and dies within you if you let it- but it is what you make it. In your hands.

Kek, you can't even make NI leave the EU, and you think you can annex Canada or Australia?
The Commonwealth is dead as soon as Elizabeth keels over anyway.

n-no it won't! they'll print new bank notes, and everything!

>brits were the only ones to make use of privateers or engage in commerce raiding

This sounds plausible, after they lost their main colonies in America, the cretins had all kinds of private adventurers traveling there to with furious words and supplied arms incite the indians into make war on the burgeoning united states.

I have a very selfish reason for why I continue posting, because I know I'll get replies.

>when the bongs submitted to the Americans
You mean when a segment of the british empire was called away from the carribean and trade routes to crush an upstart rebellion, but the other powers of europe took it as an opportunity to prevent further british dominance so France, Spain and the Netherlands harassed british trade, financed the colonists and even sent armies and navies.

>But the die was cast over a century before that.
Battle of singapore - 1942
A century before - 1842
Britain just won the opium war and is now dominating China. Nearly at the zenith of pax Britannica. Britain controls over half of global trade and has the largest economy and industry by miles. A navy larger than all the other navies of the world combined. An empire that would grow through seizure of huge swathes of resource rich land in Africa. Only 15 years later Britain crushes an Indian mutiny. Britain literally is at a golden age of imperialism and innovation.

Are you a fucking retard?

>Britain just won the opium war and is now dominating China. Nearly at the zenith of pax Britannica. Britain controls over half of global trade and has the largest economy and industry by miles. A navy larger than all the other navies of the world combined. An empire that would grow through seizure of huge swathes of resource rich land in Africa. Only 15 years later Britain crushes an Indian mutiny. Britain literally is at a golden age of imperialism and innovation.

TAKE ME BACK

Where did it all go wrong? ;_;

Anglos are so perfidous that they will betray themselves when there is no other to betray.

Trust no one, not even yourself

Someone make a trust nobody not even yourself edit with Mosley

>we
This is the part where he is wrong. "We", as in the British, never gave up the empire, and successfully defended it from internal and external attacks for fifteen years after the end of WWII. Brave men like Harris and Churchill gave their all to protect and provide for their country, and were wildly sucessful even in the face of standing alone against all of Europe.
It was communists and Jews who gave up the Empire, through their stooges in the Labour party and the United States. Remember that many colonies, such as Rhodesia, were keen on staying within the empire, but thanks to the bizarre and destructive insistence of decolonization and majority rule by UK government, were forced to leave. If it hadn't been for Labour communists stirring up trouble, the British Empire might still be alive (though reduced) today.

>the british empire destroyed itself

>we

the very idea that the british man had anything to do with it is laughable

*dies of tuberculosis*