Is /fit full of retarded meatheads? Does any one of you read on a regular basis...

Is /fit full of retarded meatheads? Does any one of you read on a regular basis? Do you have any higher form of education? Or are you just those guys who lift, and have nothing else?

How does it feel knowing everyone laughs behind your backs, mocks your very existence. Keep hoisting weights dimwits, while I make the REAL gains, the mental gains.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0YVo_owZ0Zs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

feels pretty good because I can fuck their girlfriends with ease and their girls masturbate thinking about me instead of a guy reading a book. Lol later pal.

Are you two best frenemies at the same highschool?

>@colossill

This page is full of we wuz kangs and din du nuffin tier shit

lmao nice breh way to tell that fukkin nerd

>implying girls want to date flabby fucks
>implying girls want to date cement heads who can barely read

I'm an aerospace engineer, I've worked in the private rocket (spaceflight) industry and currently do airframe design for Sikorsky Aircraft

that being said, my lifts are fucking terrible

>Is /fit full of retarded meatheads?

I don't know. Anecdotally, probably not.

>Does any one of you read on a regular basis?

Yes.

>Do you have any higher form of education?

Yes.

> Or are you just those guys who lift, and have nothing else?

No.

>How does it feel knowing everyone laughs behind your backs, mocks your very existence.

I don't care. I'll be Diogenes in that scenario.

>Keep hoisting weights dimwits, while I make the REAL gains, the mental gains.
>the mental gains

I bet you read a few shitty self-help books and watched a few ted talks and know you think you're hot shit. Well you're not; you're cold, uninteresting shit.

At least your airframes lifts aren't terrible.
I hope.

no they're good

my actual lifts are so bad because of (shit discipline +) low test, but i've just started TRT so we'll see

>he isn't smart enough to realize that there is no logical reason to not be physically fit

>No
>Yes, most nights
>Yes, a degree
>No

Funnily enough I've found Veeky Forums to be one of the smartest fitness-orientated communities online. Probably because most of us are Aspie and usually came from another board.

I'm kind of curious. How do you become an aerospace engineer with shit discipline?

It's bait. But it's tasty so I'll bite.

I'm 25, have a BA and MSc from a Russell Group University.

I work in Financial Services earning good money and am studying for several professional qualifications now

I read regularly for pleasure recently finishing a Margaret Atwood which I feel was trash but was recommended to me by a girl I'm banging.

I also do Cryptic Crosswords on my commute.

Oh, and I'm Veeky Forums.

>tfw 5'10 though

>mental and physical gains are mutually exclusive

kys senpai

>tfw to intelligent, atheistic, nihilistic, and apathetic to lift

Why must my higher state of consciousness, that is correlative to my higher level of intelligence, cause me to feel more pain than the average person while I perform anaerobic exercise?

Why must my beliefs in atheism and nihilism, that are both correlative to my higher level of intelligence, cause me to be too apathetic to lift?

*sigh*

Why couldn't I have just been born stupid and american like all of you dumb meatheads?

>5'10
Why do you even try, manlet

I read hundreds of shitposts across the boards and I reply to some of them?
I'm pretty sure I read a lot, I mean, that's all you can really do on 4chainz.

>a higher form a consciousness

No
>Do you have any higher form of education?
Yes
>Or are you just those guys who lift, and have nothing else?
Yes

I have a PhD in applied math

>reading makes you intelligent

m8 I read everything from philosophy to politics to sword and sorcery and I'm dumb as fuck.

>be in graduate school
>enjoy lifting so looks bigger than everyone elsein the research group
>colleagues who don't know me assumes I'm an experimentalist
Lmao just fuck me up senpai

>How does it feel knowing everyone laughs behind your backs

Well, they HAVE to do it behind our backs, because they know they'd get knocked the fuck out if they did it to our faces.

Also, statistically speaking, there's literally a 99% chance I'm smarter than you.

>Applied math
You mean "little less theoretical math than usual"

>5'10
Just end it now buddy

Do you regret it?

I don't read anymore. Started with the greeks, stopped with critical theory. Come at me.

Does it seem like every weakling is perceived as smart? That pisses me off. Some people are weak and stupid. A lot of them actually.

I'm a sociology major
I am by no means big, but so far the only guys bigger than me are the criminology kids who have classes overlapping with us regular soci kids
think I should switch majors and run with them, crim classes are hella fun

>sociology major
>finding employment

Pick one buddy, you have just wasted both your money and time. U dun goofed BIG TIME

There's plenty of theory in my work but not as bad as IUT and all that modern nonsense

What problem did you tackle in your thesis?
>can spew only memes
You look very suspicious right now my friend.

I'm going off to study Electrical Engineering in two weeks.
I started learning to be a pilot right around the same time I started seriously getting into fitness, which I owe to Veeky Forums for showing me how to achieve things instead of having a vague idea that I want to do them.

have mercy, I wanted to do trades
Naw depends how you approach it, soci kids with backgrounds in quantitative research have bright futures as gubmint research analysts and other such bureaucratic bits.
It ain't big money, but hey, it pays that middle class income.

I'm getting my phd in math. most likely will end up teaching though as I like it and am not really that great with research

analyzing the computational complexity of some algorithms for variants of graph coloring

IUT is not a meme, half the new hires in a few departments I know specialize in it

If you arent taking the time to read, and learn, while you weightlift your missing the entire point of self improvement.

Did you work on the pseudo-P algorithm for the graph isomorphism problem that came out a few months ago?
>only 50 people in the world understands IUT
>half the new hires knows it
You in Tokyo U?

I'm trying to read a couple books every month.

>graph coloring

Cheeseburger!

because i was focusing more on my engineering degree and career shit than lifting. i know i could've made time for both though, if i had been more disciplined about lifting/diet.

>bachelors degree from the top university in the netherlands
>currently ending a masters degree at a top university in the world for my discipline
>regularly read philosophy, maths, learning languages in my spare time
>ironically go to the gym at my university

mental and physical gains go hand in hand 2bh.

Studying finance at Harvard with good industry connections.

Also extremely skilled musician

I'm gonna be a fuckin' millionaire, baybee

>extremely skilled musician

soundcloud, NOW.

>for my discipline
What is it

No but I know Paolo and I listened to a few talks about it.
Not in Tokyo.
And yes only a handful understand it (probably closer to 5 than 50) but it's a promising direction and people want in

ahahaha yeah throw his books on the floor too brah

I'm a college student who plays jazz and classical, meaning I don't have one. I also don't want any of you faggots going on my shit being like >le Veeky Forums army has arrive. But just trust me, do you really think I'm insecure enough about myself to lie on the Internet to strangers?

But I wanna hear your stuff :^(

I like jazz

because a higher form of education is a gateway to happiness and personal success, right? do you realize how many people go to school just because they feel like they have to? they're diving into a field they aren't passionate about and inevitably getting fucked over by the lack of jobs that are available after they graduate. and end up in monstrous amounts of debt.

i make music, lift, work part-time, and enjoy nights out on weekends. i don't need much more. a life built around a career for the sake of money feels so empty.

Sorry, fampai
I made a joke mixtape on soundcloud, though. It's called "hood lyfe" by Milathyme

lol, without money you are fucked

enjoy being at the bottom of society my friend, you will never leave

Yeah graph theory is interesting, it's related to condensed matter (my field). I've always wanted to get into it; do you have any recommendations for a grad level introduction?

Do you have the things you REALLY want though? Not material, but experiences. I love travel, and without money, traveling is damn tough, (without being a worthless bum about it).

>Things dyels say

>ironically go to the gym at my university
well, we can tell that your major isn't in the humanities. You should probably devote more time to those.

but i have money. i work part-time and rent out an apartment. food is not that expensive, and a gym membership and a few drinks a week is all i otherwise need. well and a phone bill, but all of this is easily taken care of. i value my time more than i value money.

Bondy and Murty has just about everything you'll need, and there's a free pdf online.

The Tutte/chromatic/flow polynomials are related to the Potts model, that might be up your alley

i want to be in a band. working on it. that's about it.

Why not do both?

Thanks bro.

>financial gain is all that matters in life

youtube.com/watch?v=0YVo_owZ0Zs

anecdote time

>go to uni which is basically only attended by med students and people trying to get into med school
>everyday at 3 the squat racks are filled with med students deadlifting and squatting 3pl8+
>dumbbells are used by old people and undergrad students

I always love how people act as if it's one or the other, not both.

The Greeks like Plato argued that any man who let his body rot while gaining knowledge would destroy his soul just as a fit man with no knowledge would destroy himself.

Swole in body, swole in mind

Math PhD from harvard with first class honors here. Earn 300k a year triple integrating the shit out of the stock market.

Getting a master's degree in economic policy from an ivy league school.

can i have a graph that has chromatic number 3, 2015 nodes and is simple?

Can you post the versions without the bald bearded faggot numale?

the "you can't be swole and intelligent" fallacy

>all these"I study in uni" itt

But is there anyone who achieved any success in life using his brain? Like get his own business or made a career? You know you can graduate a uni but stay a gym coach for the rest of life, or a muscled clerk at best. What's the point to dedicate your time to the look of your body if you have no use of it and not going to become a male model or play a strong guy in a movie so you'll need muscles to see strong on the screen? Neither you are going to be a gangster so no need to seem intimidating.

I am going into my senior year double majoring in math and computer science. I front squat 315, OHP 205, deadlift 450ish, don't bench much anymore due to a shoulder injury. I don't read for pleasure that often because I'm already reading so much for school, but I did just work my way through the first two Dune books, they were fun. I know that nothing I can do is exceptional, but it does feel nice knowing I'm both stronger and smarter than the average person.

this meme is so fucking dumb. try harder

A few reasons:
-You look better
-You feel better
-People respect you more
-You live longer and have a higher quality of life
-You have improves mental discipline and toughness
-You have more self confidence

>ignoring all the people in this thread talking about their successful careers
confirmation bias confirmed

Need I post this everyday? Exercise literaly makes you smarter

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise

PhD in EE here. Veeky Forums and plebbit have ensured that every gym near SF has at least a few nerds trying to squat and deadlift

most people here are under 25 hence the people still in school, but it's not that fucking uncommon dude

this meme sure seems to get the (You)s though

I'm a med student. With post-bac in genetics.

Being fit positively correlates with intelligence.

Sage.

Lifting is bad for your health. Smart people swim or run or fuck.

Many people choose to improve their bodies to achieve some success because for them it seem the most easy way, just force yourself push heavy things everyday and you will win. Using brain is too hard, just lift more.

I don't see itt anyone showing off his scientific discovery, business success or smart corporate manipulation to jum the carreer ladder.

All I see is "man, I'm not nessesary dumb" excuses.

27, programmer at a robotics company

my lifts are crap though (stalled at 1pl8 bench for a year now)

It's ok to lift when you are in a social circle of people respecting physical force and big muscles, like miners or truck drivers

But when you hang in the company of scientists being a bodybuilder must be the most humiliating

know a few people who work in engineering

always heard you should never pursue your masters or phd as it will essentially lock you out of any job prospects.

There are a few PhDs and Masters. Dissertations and theses homie

i like how the retarded view the world in regards of black or white

you're either

a) auschwitz

b) musclehead bodybuilder IFBB

Sounds like some skinnyfat faggot is in full damage controll trying to protect his fragile little ego.

In EE/CE most jobs seem to consider masters as years of work experience. I have heard the same thing with PhDs but all of the PhDs I know have had no trouble getting work

If you improve your body look you are bodybuilder

>Achieved highly in Highschool
>Have part time job as bartender
>Distinction average at university doing product engineering
>Work out to keep my body and mind sharp and to strengthen my will power

I usually find that most of the guys my age at the gym are all university educated. The white and asian guys at least.

running improves your body look

is running bodybuilding?

Here is the secret but no one gives a shit about your diplomas when gives you the job. For a boss it's just nessesary that you complete the task. Too much education only tells that you are ambitious. Real deal is your expirience as a loyal wageslave and portfolio of completed tasks. No one wants to heard some ambitious kids without any knowledge of how things is done in real life.

This is a nice way of saying blacks aren't.

what about if you're a fat fuck and loose weight?
Is my mum a bodybuilder?

Arabs, blacks and hispanics in the gym usually have IQs in the single digits.

if i jelq is my cock a bodybuilder?

You're a willybuilder

Specify a relationship to edges or this is trivial (disconnected nodes and a 3 colorable eg fully connected 3 nodes)