How many of you bros are still using a microwave instead of the oven/stove? I really hope you'd reconsider

How many of you bros are still using a microwave instead of the oven/stove? I really hope you'd reconsider.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionizing_radiation#/media/File:EM-spectrum.svg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavity_magnetron
youtube.com/watch?v=kp33ZprO0Ck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can't believe people are dumb enough to believe this shit.

I would never have either milk or cereal in a microwave, who the hell would?

I just reheat up meatloaf in there

A lot of people use milk+oats and they use the microwave. Use your brain a bit guys. Also see #2 in the image in OP.

>conspiracy theorist science
fuck off

It's funny because I feel the same way about those who don't.
Countless studies on this found by just a simple google search.

>Countless studies
Yeah sure I can find 'countless studies' on any crackpot theory you care to name. Also:
>believing shit posted on the Internets
Microwave ovens are in literally every home. If they were such a massive health risk the government would have stepped in by now.

Now quick being a faggot and get back to talking about lifting.

Oh. You're a liberal. Why am I even wasting energy typing this?

I personally don't like the microwave because I think it's an insult to your food.

I'm not a 'liberal' but I did fuck your mom and your sister in the ass last night, bareback, and filled them with my seed, and oh by the way you're a gigantic faggot and have no idea what you're talking about.

Now how about we talk about lifting? Or don't you conspiracy theorist faggots lift?

countless studies
>links a fucking infrographic

you can found countless "studies" about the earth being flat too senpai

You are immature.
Best way to get people to do research on subjects is to show them simple things or things that make them question it and then do the research.

You don't cook anything in a microwave you use it to defrost things and to reheat already cooked things and oh by the way nobody gets cancer and dies from using a microwave oven that's bullshit. What's next they going to try to convince us that cellphones and wifi give you brain cancer? TOP KEK.

I'm going to need some citations, microwaving things is actually healthier. When you boil or steam vegetables they lose a lot of their minerals. If you roast them, they can turn black which is carcinogenic, they form compounds like acrylamide which are not formed in a microwave.
Foods heated in a microwave are heated more evenly so you can cook them for less = vitamins and minerals in tact.

tldr your an idiot

>What's next they going to try to convince us that cellphones and wifi give you brain cancer?
It's like you know they already do.

You're a shitty troll. You only come to Veeky Forums because you can't cut it on /b/ or anywhere else. What's next, you going to troll /n/ or /diy/?
>low hanging fruit

Oh by the way did I mention what a gigantic faggot you are?
Do you even lift?
Show us your deadlift, faggot.

Who said I ate anything but raw veggies?
>you're*
>implying /b/ is relevant anymore

Well I'm vegan and it's scientifically proven that microwaves don't hurt vegan foods because they're vegan, checkmate anti-microwave oven faggots.

>implying you're relevant on /b/, or Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums, or the internets, or anywhere in real life
>it's why you troll so retardedly
autists, when will they learn?

You have to cook certain things you fucking retard, you can't eat a raw sweet potato, and microwaving is the healthiest way to cook it because roasting it makes acrylamide like I mentioned before, if you boil it, it loses minerals so microwave keeps the most vitamins/minerals while not forming acrylamide plus it's the easiest method.

Also things like carrots actually have more bio-available antioxidants when they are cooked, again microwaving is the best cooking method

Fuck I remember being a kid with my head almost pressed to the microwave watching popcorn pop. Have eat 1000s of microwaved things growing up.

Provide a link or two, the only info on the first few pages of google comes from 'organic healing' type witchcraft sites.

I know this is bait but as a physicist that just doesn't make sense. there's microwave radiation everywhere. This is about as stupid as the people that argue that man made low frequency wave radiation causes health problems when the largest producer of low frequency waves is earth's core and has been doing it for billions of years.

I'll need a little proof.
Please post a link to a long-term, peer-reviewed, accredited University study that clearly supports your claims, that shows beyond a shadow of a doubt undeniable causation link between microwave oven usage and cancer. Bonus points for correlative studies done by the CDC and the NIH, endorsed by the Surgeon General of the United States. Otherwise I really can't take you seriously.

I'll wait here patiently while you post that. Non-paywalled, please, and oh has to be a whitepaper.

YOUR GOD DAMN SCIENCE OVEN IS TAKIN ALL THE NUTRIENTS OUT OF OUR FOOD, this is a meme microwaves efficiently heat by moving water molecules, its quick, its ez, by happy

not the physicist but fun fact, cell phone frequency is also very close in wavelength to microwaves, so if you put your phone into the microwave and try and call it, if your microwave shielding is good it won't be able to ring

>cell phone frequency is also very close in wavelength to microwaves
So is all Wifi OMFG WIFI IS GIVING US ALL BRAIN CANCER ***EVERYBODY PANIC***
top kek

If you really wanted to convince people that microwaves are evil, maybe you should have linked to some sources? Link some shit, even letmegooglethatforyou would work.

I know this post is joking but this stuff is cool
The way radiation causes cancer is if it is ionizing radiation which damages your dna on the molecular level by breaking chemical bonds, here is a great picture showing the different frequencies and what they do. Microwaves, and cellphone/wifi just heat things up

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ionizing_radiation#/media/File:EM-spectrum.svg

Actually am a physicist, and microwave ovens are really fucking cool (and safe). I'd be happy to nerd out and explain them if anyone wants/

sure, I think enough science has been posted to scare away op tho

Microwave ovens are 'mature technology', they've been around since the 1970's at least, and if there was any massive problems with them we'd've heard about them by now and nobody would use them.

I remember when trolling really was A ART. ;-)
Trolling MEANT something. There was effort that went into it, and trolls had some talent for the work.
Now just any bored two-digit IQ kid thinks he's TEH MASTER TROLL, some sort of Pied Piper of trolling or something -- and they're just talentless, uninspired, and sad, sad, SAD. It's depressing, really.

i bet you guys are the ones that believe chemo is the best chance people have at getting rid of their cancer

Sorry user but you're going to need more than a spooky skull background overlaid with a bunch of text and clipart to convince me.

It's been clinically shown to give most people the best chance to live the longest, going through chemo is pretty shitty though, may be better to live a shorter life than a longer one on chemo

so would you say you discredit all the "new" information coming to light about the medicinal qualities of marijuana?

How can minerals be lost?

Don't worry. Microwaves have shields installed to keep all the energy focused on the center as to better heat up your food

ask the person who said boiling them is bad too even though that's what people have been doing since the beginning of time :^)

Considering it's your own cells gone totally haywire, the equivalent of a shotgun blast is the best they've come up with. You got a better solution, Schweitzer? Step the fuck up and get your Nobel Prize, faggot, otherwise STFU about things you don't understand.

They get transported to the (MICRO)wave dimension

>How can minerals be lost?
The ALIENS take them to feed to the GHOSTS and SPIRITS.
I know because VEGANS told me it was true. My friend CHAD was standing right there, eating PIZZA, when they told me. Then we went to STACY'S house and told her what we learned.

Okay, get ready for nerd overload here.

Fun Fact: Microwave ovens were initially discovered by a radar technician who walked in front of a radar dish (at microwave frequencies) and noticed that his candy bar melted.

Microwave Ovens (How do they work?): So a microwave oven is pretty simple actually. It is made up of a transformer, magnetron, fan, and food-placing location. The transformer takes the electricity from the wall (120VAC @ 12 amps) and increases the power and turns the electricity into a form the magnetron can use. The magnetron then uses an antenna to convert the electricity into 2.4 GHz microwave energy. The magnetron spits out the microwave energy towards the fan, whose spinning metal blades randomly and evenly reflect the energy all over the food-cooking location.

Now how do the microwaves heat up the food you ask? It just so happens that 2.4 GHz is just the right frequency to resonate easily with water molecules, and most food has water molecules in it. The polar water molecules align themselves to the changing magnetic and electric field that is the microwave energy, and every wavelength that passes causes them to rotate faster and faster to stay in alignment. This rotation (kinetic energy) is then transferred to the other molecules in the food, causing all of the molecules to move (Which is the definition of heat).

I don't know I haven't seen them, why don't you enlighten me with research

> Magnetron

Fucking transformers in disguis?

Oh and I almost forgot, with the downside of possible cooking you at higher power levels, exposure to 2.4 GHz energy (used in WiFi, phones, and ham radios) has no adverse health effects

I already knew all that. I don't know anyone who doesn't know all that already.

Not quite. I wish tho

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavity_magnetron

Because I work for a living(read weed and school money) and can't cook when I get home at 10:30 you fucking faggot

OP doesn't

Holy shit this is stupid. Microwave radiation is not ionizing radiation. You might as well throw away your radio, cell phone, wifi, and move out into the woods while you're at it.

>the government would have stepped in by now
wew lad

Protip:
RF radiation isn't the same radiation from shit like uranium. People hear the word "Radiation" and freak the fuck out because they're too stupid to know the difference.
Microwaves are perfectly safe if you're not standing inside of a running one, which would burn you and not give you cancer or some shit.

I'm an amateur radio guy and I'm studying electrical engineering.

How's come mircowaves get angry when I leave forks and spoons in them

They reflect RF in a rather spectacular manner.

> He hasn't heard

Bro, weed cures cancer. One puff and you're 100% cured for life. You just have to keep smoking it for the rest of your life though or the cancer comes back

>If they were such a massive health risk the government would have stepped in by now.
HOLY SHIT

When you boil things some of the nutrients leech out of the food and into the water.

Anyone with basic scientific literacy should watch this...

youtube.com/watch?v=kp33ZprO0Ck