How do I be Veeky Forums while also being Veeky Forums?

How do I be Veeky Forums while also being Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

myrecipes.com/m/recipe/peanut-butter-pancakes-0
m.imgur.com/a/5nbmA
allrecipes.com/
elanaspantry.com/how-to-boil-eggs/
elanaspantry.com/deviled-eggs/
www4.ncsu.edu/~aibrantl/cookingwithherbs.html
thekitchn.com/the-kitchns-guide-to-storing-fruits-and-vegetables-tip-roundup-176308
youtube.com/watch?v=3DDK6Sb5ipw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cheat meal on the weekends

Lrn2 macros.

Veeky Forums is the best compliment to being Veeky Forums imo.

Also, what are the healthiest pancake recipes? also maple syrup yes/no?

Terrible idea, i have teo gourmet bfs who coock fancy bullshit almost every night, and have cut down from 260lb obesity to 168lb using nonrestrictive dieting.

Just make sure the food meets your nutritional demands.

Sugars are fine, free sugars are evil.
Limit sodium, but not that much, because you need it if you train.
No trans fats ever.
Sat fats are good for active individuals esp. At low bf. Good for test.

Not rocket science

Also you basically cant have too much fiber or micros

myrecipes.com/m/recipe/peanut-butter-pancakes-0

Are peanut butter pancakes any good?

Easy to cook healthy shit that tastes good. If you want to splurge on a meal, then compensate for the other meals of the day. Takes a god damn genius to figure this out.

it's easy if you're bulking but tricky on a cut

I think there is an infographic floating around of protein pancakes that iirc is basically banana, egg, whey protein powder mixed into a batter..

Never tried it, dont care for pancakes. I seent zero calorie syrup at the store tho

Meh.
You could make it fit your macros.
Not that great tho, desu.

Try going more savory like a crepe

>protein powder pancake
/r/ing this

>how do I get fit If I know how to cook well?
Make healthy food not taste like trash? Also opens up variety
>tfw want to learn how to cook but no idea where to start

>Sat fats are good for active individuals esp. At low bf. Good for test.

Bullshit people tell themselves.

Stop being american

Boil rice

Count calories for the week instead of the day (As in save your fats/carbs for your Veeky Forums meals by eating less throughout the week)

Recipe sites. Look up what types of seasoning go best with foods, and then its just a bit of trial and error. It feels good being able to cook well. I hate lifting, but feel good when I know I'm doing well, and its the same thing with cooking for me too. I just kinda see both as necessities for a healthy lifestyle where I'm not eating bland dried out shitty chicken for the rest of my life. I'll go find a couple of sites that helped me in just a min.

m.imgur.com/a/5nbmA

allrecipes.com/ This site is good because it has a lot of recipes and some are pretty healthy too.

elanaspantry.com/how-to-boil-eggs/ Do not underestimate how much better properly cooked hard boiled eggs are. I used to overcook all of mine.

elanaspantry.com/deviled-eggs/ This is a good recipe that I really enjoy and eat these as a snack.Don't use too much parsley though. Ignore the paleo shit on the site though, I'm not pushing that at all.

www4.ncsu.edu/~aibrantl/cookingwithherbs.html A basic pairing guide for spices and foods.

thekitchn.com/the-kitchns-guide-to-storing-fruits-and-vegetables-tip-roundup-176308 Here is a random site for how to store different foods. I used to load up on shit and it looked kinda weird by the time I went to cook/eat it and I'd end up throwing it out and wasting food.

Just google shit basically and start cooking.

What is your daily diet like?

Thanks bro.

youtube.com/watch?v=3DDK6Sb5ipw

What would be Veeky Forums's opinion on this? Acceptable?
I mean, as someone who only just started to get fit, it looked somewhat okay for what it is.

Would I somehow kill myself if I happened to throw in a shake of protein powder in there?

>How do I be Veeky Forums

Don't.
It's a fucking garbage board for people who know fuckall about food.
God, I fucking hate that place so fucking much

bump

I fixed OP's pic.

>no trans fat ever
B-But muh CLA

No one agrees on what is healthy. Personally, I eat only 'real food', placing a lot of emphasis on eating a shitload of vegetables around 5lbs a day of broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage, sprouts, carrots, peas, swede, aubergine etc. At every meal I'll have about 30g of protein and 10g of fats from things like meat, eggs, chicken, olives, nuts, and most importantly fish like sardines and salmon.
The rest of my calories come from tubers, legumes, whole grains and fruit. I haven't eaten anything with added sugar in two years, apart from Heinz baked beans a couple months ago
I do a lot of walking and weightlifting, drink lots of water etc. 100g fiber a day

Learning to cook is like learning to lift.
You first need the simple techniques. Like frying is a squat and boiling is the power clean and baking is the overhead press. Once you have perfected them, you combine them into sequences and make more awesome things.
I recommend "The Cooks Bible" from Le Cordon Bleu, it will teach you how to do simple things properly. Also, cooks illustrated and cooks country are nice,
the recipes are tested and written in a foolproof way.

First of all, this. Half of Veeky Forums's threads are about what shitty fast food is the best, or some nonsense like that.

Secondly, being fit and eating delicious food is easy, even though it seems to be uncommon. Don't fall for the pre-package "health" food garbage. Every Veeky Forumsizen should take the time to learn basic cooking techniques. Prepare your proteins, starches, veggies, whatever the way you like them... Then experiment with some sauce recipes that don't fuck up the macros you are aiming for. Find some ideas for substituting ingredients that you don't want. Eventually you'll have mastered dozens of recipes for high quality food that tastes delicuous.

bmp

Baking isn't OHP. If anything baking is running on a treadmill.
Grilling is OHP

Put this into perspective you shithead

If you have two cheat days a week, that's 8 cheat days a month. If you go 4 months at that pace, it's 32 cheat days. So basically 25% of your time is spent cheating.

Assuming you cut at a 500 cal deficit, but cheat at a 500 cal surplus, that's 1/4 of your time being literally counterproductive and 1/4 of your progress reversed. And it just grows and grows as you cheat with more calories

A recipe calls for 2 Whole Eggs, 2 Egg Whites, 1/2 cup dry Oatmeal, 1 scoop Banana or Vanilla Protein Powder, 1 large ripe Banana, sliced.

If I use only 2 whole eggs and 1 scoop of protein powder, will it still turn out good?

there's a lot of bulllshit there but it's probably the board with the biggest ratio of industry professionals.

Nah desu that goes to diy ironically

Thank you based user

do fit, low BF people actually eat pancakes ?

>mfw italian
>mfw my diet was already amazing and just needed a couple tweaks once I started counting cals

while there's a lot of garbage threads there's still a lot of people that know how to cook there too. Best example is when the cooking challenges come up, best source of recipes w/ pics that I've found. Also the combination with Veeky Forums is great

do that meme sperglord cooking comically chili recipe.

it's cringey af but it teaches you to do most things in the kitchen in one recipe as well as shop for yourself. plus in the end you have a relatively healthy bowl of protein and fiber filled food that'll last you a few days. it tastes really good too and is near impossible to fuck up.

protip: substitute sour cream and cheese with cottage cheese. it's the best of both worlds with out the calories.

go to fast food places and rate them

Veeky Forums is the worst place to get better at cooking.

Italia is dying from carb and sugar overload. Stop kidding yourself.

I was thinking exactly that. I'll probably try it later this week.