You rage you lose

ideas.time.com/2013/12/10/whos-biggest-the-100-most-significant-figures-in-history/

>Napoleon second only to jesus
LMAO I can already smell the beady eyes and poor dental hygiene as they get rustled

>muh GREAT MAN theory
Who cares?

Anglo here

I would agree with Napoleon being very high up there. We needed another stage to humiliate the French :)

>Locke and Rousseau are there but Hobbes isn't
Hobbesians on SUICIDE WATCH

Who wrote the article anyway?

>Caesar below Marx

>
i don't even know where to start
this list is the ultimate meme ranking

>Genghis Khan below George W. Bush

>Lincoln
>Henry VIII
>Victoria
>Roosevelt
>Grant

Every second name would fit in top 500. It should be called "100 people I've seen documentary about"

>napoleon 2nd place
>plato 25th
wat

>Abraham Lincoln is more impactful than Aristotle

USA becoming roughly the 25th country to abolish slavery is more important than one of the foundations of western philosophy obviously.

Those are like 90% American + European. They should have just said Most important figures in Western tradition.

>Genghis Khan below Charles Dickens
>Shakespeare above Caesar
>Queen Elizabeth above Charlemagne
>Robert E Lee on the list at all
This has to be a joke.

>Norman Borlaug not present

>George W Bush
>John Adams
>Van Gogh
>Queen Elizabeth 1
>KING ARTHUR

>Caesar is after Karl Marx

>Robert E. Lee gets on the list but Jefferson Davis and John C. Calhoun don't

>king arthur

>naPOOleon

state of french surrender monkeys

all of you lost

Well, if you think about the fact that most of these influential people were influential in a purely Christian society, Jesus doesn't seem like a bad pick after all

Jesus makes sense in that the bible is the most widely distributed book in history. But you really need a more data focused approach to valuing "significance".

Why is Shakespeare even on this list? Let alone so high

>Try not rage

Introduced a couple words to the English language.

If you read the prelude as to why they chose who they chose it's basically a "most searched" metric. They admit that it isn't academically sound and more of a popularity and well-known contest than anything.

So basically, it's a pile of dogshit.

>Bush above Khan
Get the horses.

Like it or not
You're all living under French Sharia

>Genghis Khan so fucking low
>only 38
>Below George W. Bush Ronald Reagan Ulysses S. Grant
AMERIMUTTS WILL PAY!

>Julius Caesar below Elizabeth and Thomas Jeffeson
>Augustus below Ulysses S. Grant (who?)

why is there no martin luther?

he's 17

Thank you kind sir for reminding us about the thread theme! Excellent behaviour and a good post.

ooh sorry im retarded

>at least five US presidents/founding fathers
>multiple English kings
Anglo autofellatio

>Philip II of Macedon isn't even on the fucking list

stop that catto

>Abraham not even mentioned

ahh great map, I can very easily tell what little grey letter is on each of those glaring teal colours

>Charles XII of Sweden
>not top 5
>not even mentioned

what'd he do?

Open it in a new tab and zoom in, little mongoloid.

>Implying Anglo countries aren't the only relevant countries. They literally invented everything

it doesn't help the fact that whoever picked those colours was a braindead idiot

Basically Napoleon but better.

I'm a fan of the Swedish Empire but c'mon now.

>Shakespeare
>Lincoln
Are you fucking kidding me

>Lincoln in 5th above Caesar and Alexander
>Ulysses S. Grant even in the list at all and above Augustus of all fucking people
>John Adams above Constantine and Cicero

Why must American media insert their shitty bias into anything historical. What did Lincoln do that several great powers didn't do before

nothing, it's clearly an a*glo list

>not understanding relevance to modern society
>"b-but they lived longer ago"
Why don't you consider how each of these figures has impacted the modern world?

Not the point I'm making at all, how can you rank Grant more influential than Augustus?

One was a general in a civil war that had no effect on anyone outside the US and the other became the first emperor of a state that would shape the fate of Europe for centuries to come.

some of these are clearly just to fill out the list
einstein over newton?
jean d'arc and nietzsche, really?
you have people that are cultural fucking colossi, but that doesn't mean they fit in a 100 greatest humans of all time list. Like fucking mozart tschaikovsky and beethoven

I agree that Augustus was more influential, but you’re downplaying the importance of the ACW. It’s a huge event that would influence the state of American politics for decades. How could the politics of the dominant superpower not effect anyone else.

america wasn't a super power at the time

At the time they weren’t, but like I said >It’s a huge event that would influence the state of American politics for decades.

So where is Horatio Nelson in this list? His victories at sea in the Napoleonic Wars ensured British dominance of the world's oceans until the second world war. Which allowed the British Empire to become the greatest empire in history in terms of wealth, influence and landmass.

They sit roughly in the same vein technically speaking

>Charles Dickens or Jane Austen
>mfw someone actually asked themselves this question

Boy I don’t know, I’m not defending the list. It’s a shitty list. It’s just retarded to think the American Civil War only affected the US.

>Shakespeare on the list at all

Fucking hell.

the great powers DID keep a very careful eye on it, though, it was basically what wet their hideous appetite for modern industrialized warfare.

>all those fucking 19th century philosophers
>WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE AT 4#
What the fuck

if your a swedboo you should hate the cunt who threw it all away because DUDE WAR LMAO

Is he OK?

>mozart higher than winston churchill
>mozart higher than Buddha
>mozart higher than Gandhi
>mozart higher than Michelangelo

>100 more or less important figures in no particular order

>americans in that list

>Elvis Presley

>Veeky Forums can't even read the article

>meme anglo poet top 10
>cervantes not in the list

The thing is that Grant didn’t “win” the war or anything. A northern victory was inevitable, because they had a larger population with more immigrants arriving every day and a very industrial economy. Whereas the south was rural with a much smaller population. All Grant did was recognize this and decide he was going to basically use WWII Soviet tactics of throwing men at things because he could afford the losses while the south couldn’t.

That caused me the most rage. Musicians basically have no place on that list at all, since they affect nothing except music which honestly doesn’t change history much at all.

That article wasn't fair game desu

>Yi Sun-Sin neither