You're getting your protein from plants... right?

You're getting your protein from plants... right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Zone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>lower risk of death
But still a risk of death. Fuck.

I'm a non-dairy vegetarian so yes.

It's been known for a long time that red meas and to an extent whites have a dramatically negative effect on the human body over a prolonged period of time.
I was watching a documentary a while back on telomere (the caps that sit at the end of your chromosome and are responsible for the ageing process). Most of the documentary centered around a study trying to find out what we can do naturally to reduce the rate at which the telomere shortened upon DNA replication. By the end of it they found that seemingly universally the people lived the longest, healthiest whilst maintaining a youthful look actually ate quite a bit below their TDEE, did frequent cardio and whilst on a diet consisting mostly of fruits, vegetables, legumes/nuts with starchy foods like rice, bread and potatoes. It's this type of diet that's lead to the people of Okinawa enjoying the longest and healthiest lifespans in the world, but on the flipside the Japanese are especially susceptible to stomach cancer due to the rate of fish they consume.

Obviously it's a lifestyle choice, but all I know is that since I gave up meat my depression lifted, my acne vanished and I stopped getting sick as much as I used to. Which ever way you look at it, it really does seem like the best diet for humans is a primarily vegetarian/vegan one, but shit I just can't give up cheese.

I limit my meat intake to at most one meal per day, and only on the days on lift.

So if I don't eat meat I have higher chances to not die??????

Awesome!

>the people lived the longest, healthiest >quite a bit below their TDEE

Wat
If you consistently ate below your TDEE you'd die pretty quick. That's pretty much the definition of TDEE

I don't eat red meat very often. Mostly chicken, shrimp, and fish.

Sorry I worded that wrong, just woke up.
What I meant to say is that they found that the people that lived the longest were on a very low calorie diet and were undereating at around 1600-1800 calories per day. They were very skinny but the very portrait of good health. The documentary was on about 4-5 years ago and I think it was a BBC one if you're interested. It was p. good.

Canned mackerel is still GOAT

>dat omega 3
>dat vitamin D during winter
>dat high quality protein
>dat low mercury
>dat literally healthiest food on earth

>You're getting your protein from plants
Of course. What am I, a ghoul? Eating corpses lol... mrw.

Quinoa, motherfucker.

I was strict vegetarian for a year when I was trying to ween myself from fast/junk food. It did the trick but it was not going to be healthy long-term for a person with a low blood count and anemia. Essentially the doctor told me if I wanted to be vegetarian, I would need to eat a dark green fresh leafy salad with every meal OR eat red meat a few times a week. I chose the latter.

Now I am much more selective of the cuts of meat I buy and some meat products I don't bother eating at all. Mostly processed meats. I'm still iffy about certain animal products in foods. My proton powder is pea/hemp and vegan for example. At the end of the day you do what's right for you. I was either going to be an iron-deficient blood-deficient weak vegetarian who wasn't getting enough greens and B vitamins, or an occasional meat eater with better blood and iron counts who is not tired all the time.

>ate quite a bit below their TDEE, did frequent cardio and whilst on a diet consisting mostly of fruits, vegetables, legumes/nuts with starchy foods like rice, bread and potatoes

Fuck that, I'd rather be dead

the one good thing about canned mackerel is that it's dirt cheap, you can make patties out of them by crushing up crackers and adding egg, veggies, brown rice
I eat the whole can juice, skin, and bones. Cheap nigga bulking.

>lower risk of death
It doesn't though.

These aren't longevity researchers. Longevity is actually pretty well researched and, while it's true a long life usually means eating mostly green plants, only a statistically insignificant portion of centenarians are vegans.

my niggest of niggas

Is that image one serving?

Anything I need to know about adding to the recipe to increase serving size?

Just double or triple the ingredients famalam.

Can you hook me up with your diet plan. Can't find a good meal plan for gains.

That's not what you said and it makes me think you're full of shit.

It makes me think you're the kind of person who sees 'TDEE' being thrown around, doesn't look up what it means, and then just assumes they know based on context.

It makes me think you're the kind of person who watches a single documentary that goes against all of Blue Zone research and believes it, and then posts half-truths and non-truths on a Burmese Dishwashing site.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Zone

>lower risk of death
Further proof that veganism is for low test pussies and women

But I want to die

You're taking this a little too seriously. I had just woken up and was lying in bed on my phone with crusty shit still in my eyes and a cat on my chest.

I really wish the mods would ban vegan shill threads

>what are fish and poultry

What kind of dumbass eats red meat for the protein?

this, so much this
motherfucking superfood

vegetarian for many years, but abandoning dairy sounds too hard

The taste of spinach can be greatly improved if, just before serving, you replace it with a nice steak.

>not eating corpses to recover from injuries
>not progressing into abomination mode where you can shrug of massive hernias and have a third arm attached for extra pump

Ties for first with Sardines

Red meat and eggs don't kill you, shitty diets do. Shitty diets tend to be high in red mear, eggs and dairy and low in plant proteins

>im not wrong! Im just tired I can think strait WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PROVE MY POINT

In the Emperor's name I will cleanse you, abomination!!

>delicious and nutritious salad every day
>or based beetroot juice which boosts your NO aswell
>or eating spinach which is great for your dick health
>or taking a multivit
>Nah, I'll just eat a corpse instead, but it's good & fresh!
All of my JUST

Felt the same until I realised that I was lactose intolerant anyway, plug eggs made me sick for some reason. Wound up vegan without even really planning on it...

OP didn't even read the full article.

> After adjustment for lifestyle and other dietary risk factors, a high consumption of protein from animal sources -- any types of meat, eggs or dairy -- was WEAKLY associated with an increased rate of death

> More careful analysis revealed that the association of animal protein intake with an elevated mortality risk only applied to participants with at least one factor associated with an unhealthy lifestyle -- being either obese or underweight, heavy alcohol consumption, a history of smoking, or physical inactivity. In fact, the association DISAPPEARED IN PARTICIPANTS WITH A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE

vegans btfo

Depends on if you count bacon as a plant. I do.

This tbqh

Humans have been eating red meats, eggs, and dairy for the past million fucking years. Cooking meat actually skyrocketed human development. Humans with 80+ year lifespans have been eating red meat since the beginning of time. You'll be fine if you eat red meat.