How much do you spend per month on food, Veeky Forums? Is £150 reasonable for 1 person?

How much do you spend per month on food, Veeky Forums? Is £150 reasonable for 1 person?

I'm about to move out and will have total control of my finances and shopping list for the first time. I want to know what people spend on average. maybe post some suggestions for healthy foods to buy in bulk

>How much do you spend per month on food, Veeky Forums?

I don't know.

Shit man I spend like 400

£400 just for you? the fuck do you buy?

Minced meat, spicy sausages, chicken breast, bacon, rice, pasta, oats, peanutbutter, olive oil. Some sauces, vegetables, fruit and stuff aswell.

No expensive brands and no soda, snacks or shit like that. I just eat much I guess, 6'7 225lbs

£77 is my monthly budget. ~3500 kcal a day, with 170g protein.
Can't spend more because broke ass student living in college.

$600
But I live U.S Virgin Islands, back in Florida it was $250-$300

dunno. 'rents buy my food.

What do you buy bro? What is you grocery shopping habits? I'm broke as well.

£160-170 a month on food. I hope you like eggs, lentils and wholegrains

Around 40 $ a month, plus around 30 $ on whey if I bother. I usually don't.
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh veg
- Legumes and other starches
- Fish
- Yoghurt sometimes

Rice
Frozen vegables
Samon
Chicken

Buy in bulk.
Dollar store is a god send for broke people for everyday supplies.

>6'7 225lbs
daddy

23 years young, son. Gonna wait at least another five

how do you get fish so cheap/ what kind

That's fuckin bullshit

I mostly eat trout, salmon, mackerel, haddock, and cod. The local fishmonger is very cheap plus I fish some of it myself. You can save shitloads by fishing yourself.

10-20 bucks a day. I love my red meat

Around 200~250€ for me alone. But I'm not on a budget that much so I don't go for the cheapest way, I could cut easily 50€ eating less fruits/veggies (like my avocado budget is around 10 or 20€ per month, in France avocado are super expensives, and I buy a lot of peppers wich can built up to quite an amount. Same with sweet potato, I eat for like 10 or 15€ per month of thoose)

damn, alright. good to know - thanks, user.

200-300?
I just go to costco and bulk purchase my CBR

Yes. Buy frozen vegetables rather than fresh. Buy cuts of chicken other than breast. Eat lots of eggs. Try and cook almost all the time, take pack lunches to work. Bulk up chilli etc buy putting double the onion and beans in. Eat lots of mince and mince recipes, it's like the cheapest meat.

Shop in lidl, it'd noticeably cheaper but still of the same quality as anywhere else.

Source: me and gf live of monthly budget of 160.

£150 is plenty

go to musclefood and buy chicken from their & steaks

buy 10kg of basmati rice ~£10
Frozen veg all up in yo freezer
Beans. Quinoa. Couscous. Sagoo. Sweet potato. Buckwheat. Oats. Lentils. Spilt peas.
Frozen Fish in yo freezer

Meal prep & you'll more than likely come way under budget

What is your shopping list?

i try to keep it at 10 dollars a day .. BUT I don't buy anything i don't need and i have a bunch of shit stocked up like pasta and cans of beans and tuna and olive oil... shit is fucking expensive... i try to spend about 320-400 a month on food.

this guy is full of shit.

just buying potatoes some frozen veggies the cheapest fruit and meat will run you up well past 100 dollars a month... unless you weigh like 45 pounds...

shut the fuck up.. get out..

every fucking time i see these threads 2 or 3 people who apparently live in fucking narnia post on here... i spend 1 dollar a day on food and i eat fish fruit vegetables and grains...

get the fuck off fit you cuck.

do share, please

Why butthurt? I already mentioned that I get the fish cheap or fish it myself. Legumes are dirt cheap and the cheapest veggies and fruit go for 1 $ pr kg. It's really not that hard.