Told his followers he'd return within their lifetime

>told his followers he'd return within their lifetime
>didn't

HOW DID CHRISTIANITY SURVIVE AFTER THAT?

Faith obviously.

>tfw Christianity supposedly guarantees eternal life so he's not wrong from their perspective

>their lifetime
Sauce?

>literally returns 3 days after dying
what did OP mean by this

>returning from the dead
>brainlet.jpeg

An immortal can’t die but, he did give up his weekend for us.

But if they meet him in heaven he still isn't returning to Earth

This isn't true.

Christ explicitly said that not even the Angels know the hour of His return; only the Father in Heaven knows.

Retard OP didn’t actually quote any verses
>Matthew 24:3: And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
Then Jesus tells them the signs of the end of the world.
Then Jesus says
>Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
I can’t be bothered to look them up, but there are other verses where Jesus implies that the end of the world will come during his followers’ lifetimes, including one where he specifically says that some of those present will still be drawing breath when the end of the world comes. In any case, it’s strange to me that these were left in the Bible when it seems clear that this did not come true.

>dies within a week and ends the old covenant and ushers in a new covenant

How fucking stupid are you

You have to be more specific.

Jesus said at one time that someone listening to him right then would not die before he saw Jesus' Second Coming.

That person was John the Beloved, who wrote about seeing the Second Coming in the Revelation of Jesus Christ.

The other prophecy that people conflate with that one is the one where Jesus said that the same generation would see the end times that saw the beginning of sorrows.

That was not the current generation listening to him; that was us. The Beginning of Sorrows is upon us, and there is not a generation's time left before all is done and over. The rapture of the saints, the 70th week of Daniel, and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will all happen in this generation.

In your generation.

Are you ready?

That is correct. The New Covenant did not take place until Jesus rose from the dead. No resurrection, no New Covenant.

The Old Covenant has nothing to do with the New Covenant. Different parties, different requirements, different punishments, different rewards.

He was referring to the new covenant as “the end of the world”, you dumb fuck?

Never heard that before...

I answered both questions here.

Yes, as the bible says, in the end times there will be scoffers mocking the people waiting for the return of Jesus, as "all has been the same since the days of our fathers."

The bible even uses people like you to prove its points. It is the end times, and you are one of those scoffers.

Why does it make a difference whether the end times come during this generation or any other? Either way, if I’m bad, I go to hell, and if I’m good, I go to heaven. Why do millenarians act like there’s a sense of urgency to the end of the world when business will be going on in heaven and hell as usual?

My prior answer disappeared.

You misunderstand salvation. There are no good people. Nobody goes to heaven for being good. Everyone needs to be saved.

There is a number of people known to God that will be saved during this covenant. When that number is reached, this covenant is over.

This covenant is the best covenant of all time with infinite upside and zero downside. Can you say that about anything you have ever had?

No?

Then to you, it is eternally important that the end times did not start yesterday. You still have today to be saved.

Would you like to be saved?

If so, read, do, and say what you find in Romans 10:9-13.

Seems kind of selfish for me to take someone else’s spot

And we have used dying Christians and their boohoo suffering to prove our point. God isn't real and Jesus was a sham. Also people were scoffing at Jesus's return since forever. You're anecdote is retarded.

>b-but from a certain perspective-
Fuck off Obi-Wan.

The life of a follower of Christ is life eternal.

Can you quote me the verse where he says he'll be back in their lifetimes?

>>told his followers he'd return within their lifetime

But he did? he came back 3 days later

Luke 21:25-33
Matthew 23:29-35

Matthew 24:29-35*

>It is the end times, and you are one of those scoffers.

Said the apocolyptian for the 94839247817th time, as he has been saying since literally the dawn of Christianity, checking his watch and ignoring the part where it tells you not to try and predict the end and that it will come like a thief in the night, in the twinkling of an eye

>Matthew 24:29-35*

Matthew 24:29-35 King James Version (KJV)
>29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

>30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

>31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

>32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

>33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

>34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

>35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

>Luke 21:25-33
>25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

>26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

>27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

>28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

>29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;

>30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.

>31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

>32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

>33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

>Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges
>32. This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled] This verse has a nearer and a farther meaning. That very generation would not have passed when, 40 years later, the Jewish nation was crushed, and the Mosaic dispensation rendered impossible. But genea also means race, and the Jewish race shall last till the end of all things.

tl;dr, you're thinking in terms of ENGLISH. the term used in the original scripture was genea, which meant generation, but also the jewish RACE. Jesus was predicting the destruction of Israel, which WOULD occur within a generation (40 years). But also that the world would not end before the race of the Jews. So until /pol/ gets it's way, we're safe.

>>told his followers he'd return within their lifetime
>>didn't

Not true, I did actually. Authored revelation.
John made 7 copies. It's all simple really.

And that's how it survived.

Lord Jesus Christ

For the Son of Man will come in His Father’s glory with His angels, and then He will repay each one according to what he has done. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.

He was talking about the large body of followers in general.