The roman empire fell in 1806

>the roman empire fell in 1806

You misspelled 1917

>The Roman Empire fell in 1912

On 8 October 1912, during the First Balkan War, Lemnos became part of Greece. The Greek navy under Rear Admiral Pavlos Kountouriotis took it over without any casualties from the occupying Turkish Ottoman garrison, who were returned to Anatolia. Peter Charanis, born on the island in 1908 and later a professor of Byzantine history at Rutgers University recounts when the island was occupied and Greek soldiers were sent to the villages and stationed themselves in the public squares. Some of the children ran to see what Greek soldiers looked like. ‘‘What are you looking at?’’ one of them asked. ‘‘At Hellenes,’’ the children replied. ‘‘Are you not Hellenes yourselves?’’ a soldier retorted. ‘‘No, we are Romans."

Thus was the most ancient national identity in all of history, preserved in isolation, finally absorbed and ended

1945*

The Roman Empire fell after Marcus Aurelius death, every emperor from ther on was either terrible or dedicated every fibre of his being to keep the empire afoat

yes OP, that is correct
t. history pro

Beautiful story.

The roman empire lives on.. In each of us.

you mispelled 1815

the most ancient national identity would probably be chinese

Damn..

The kingdoms peasentry didn't have a national identity, it was all they knew, and they werent aware of this identity or any other.

The roman empire never fell

Roman empire never existed.
Think about it.

This is ...something. I felt

fuckin hell dude

What do you mean, Finland still exists

>Black People call themselves Hebrews
>Hahaha niggers amirite
>Lesbians call themselves Romans
>Dude... pour one out for my homies Romulus and Constantine ;_;

that fucked me up more than it really should've

>This was the most ancient national identity in all of history, preserved in isolation, finally absorbed and ended.
Imagine being this much of a brainlet.

woah

really made me think there

We are the Roman Empire

Rei, I summon thee

But Rome never fell

What have almonds whispered you?

I need to know if you are ready for next level yet.

>Thus was the most ancient national identity in all of history, preserved in isolation, finally absorbed and ended

WE
WUZ
RΘΜΑNS

>Roman empire never existed.

but Finland still stands

ANATOLY FOMENKO DOES NOT CLAIM THAT THE ROMAN EMPIRE NEVER EXISTED.

YOU HAVE NOT EVEN READ HIS OPERA, HAVE YOU?

NO BUT DONT YOU SEE, OP? EBIN VOLTAIRE MEME XDDDD LE ARROW HOLY LE ARROW ROMAN LE ARROW EMPIRE HAHAH FUNNY VOLTAIRE QUOTE IN GREENTEXT HAHAHA AMALGAMATION THAT CALLS ITSELF HRE LOL NVM HISTORICAL ACCURACY WHEN YOU HAVE COOL MEME UPVOATED!!!1

WIR WAREN RÖMER UND SHEIßE

you mean 1371???

I cannot contain these feels

Go back to your non-country, Friedrich.

I'm not a German.

Sorry, Muhammad, but you were born in Germany.

WE
E

It sure as shit did not fall before he died captain obvious

The American President is the leader of Rome.

LeMNos not LeSBos retard

>ayo hol up papadopulos so u be sayin we wuz rominz an ζhεεittttt

>Roman Empire
>existed

Napoleon destroyed the Roman Empire and the Hospitaller Knights.
Why was he such a nihilist?

its the manlet effect

He was non-believer. Before his death he said `` Death is dreamless eternal sleep``. Also being fat dwarf and getting cucked didn`t helped.

Oh, I dunno, I agree with the sentiment but could easily quibble: Qin's about as early as unification gets but that's only about 200 BCE. We could split the difference with "one of the oldest".

The theta's a nice touch.

Take it up with the original quote author and/or see above.

>Fomenkoism
Wow.

I-It's not to late, is it?
Thanks for the (You)s btw.

The problem is extricating ethnos from kinship in societies before the development of mature state structures, and doing so from the external perspective of a singular categorical tradition holding the pen of history.
"Roman" was a socioeconomic class well before it was an ethnos, despite it serving as a keystone of identity in both periods, (laughingmarx.jpg) just as "Han" was a socioreligious edict from on high filled with co-opted tribal and ethnic identities well before it was an unbroken millennia-old ethnic tradition.

Either way, both of these proposals fall short of any of countless Indo-Iranian, Dravidian, Turkic, Papuan, and Australian tribes with recognised unbroken lineages literally predating the lens of archaeology. See also: the Amazon.

>"Roman" was a socioeconomic class well before it was an ethnos
IIRC, we were just talking about how that wasn't the default, though, despite a few centuries of imperial expansion before citizenship started applying broadly at which point it was probably already too late. Moreover I already gave "China" the benefit of the doubt be preceding a solidly Han identity by dynasty and it was still a few score years shy of Rome, but at that point you can just keep regressing, "Oh well 500 BC rome is just as different from 180 BC as..." and it all gets lost.

As I said, we can split the difference with "fuck these guys are all old".

And I totally agree, it's even easy for me to forget that some of the language families and cultural configurations in the Amazon are probably in excess of like 9+k years back.

Oh, yes, I wasn't trying to be argumentative, but rather expanding on your own points. It's amnesiac Galapagos tortoises with short attention spans all the way down.

Also, (((Prongles))) are clearly a socioeconomic media construct of asymmetrical culturalist warfare rather than a naturalist identity you anti-pringlist swine.

So wait, the isolated people on the island had been under continuous Turkish rule since Byzantine times and still considered themselves Romans when the Greeks showed up?

Roman Empire still exists because the Papacy still exists. The Pope could crown the head of the Western Roman Empire if he wanted.