Started doing weighted dips

>started doing weighted dips
>chest growing nonstop
So the general rule of thumb is do whatever Veeky Forums makes fun of ?

Fuarkk time to do barbell flyes

exactly. also do SS

No because then you'd be using the Smith machine and rip your gains if you do that.

how much do you bench and what weight do you use for the weighted dips?

Yeah, you should try inverted leg press in the smith machine next

whenever I do dips I get this really strong pain in like my sternum

whats up with that

the reason they're made fun of is because they are one of the worst exercises for your shoulders and rotator cuff. very easy to get injured

Breathe out at the top

takk

Fact: weighted dips was the original "that guy who wears basketball shorts to the gym"

started out just like you, had fun with dips and whatnot.
progressed up to 8x 40kg weighted dips and fucked up my rotator cuff.

its all fun and shit until something happens.

well, I dont say stop doing what you do just keep in mind that its a meme excercise for a good reason.

It's your fault for going that heavy honestly

Same . Dips hit my chest like no other, but give me pain

I have this same issue. It always was a little awkward feeling but it didn't hurt. Got to the point where i could do 2 plates and a 25lbs plate for 8 pretty easily. Tried doing 3 plates and on my third rep I I felt a bad pain in my sternum and it felt like a xenomorph was trying to escape muh chest. I can do all forms of chest things without pain except dips. Even bw did hurt now.

My shoulders hurt like no other, wut do

I get sharp pain in my collarbone doing these. Even on the assisted dips machine with tons of resistance, going really slowly, focusing on form.
Too bad because my bench won't improve no matter what I try and there's few chest exercises I feel comfortable doing.

focus on tucking your elbows in or parallel to the bar, chest up, dont go pass 90deg going down.

>the day i realized you dont even have to lift that heavy weights to look buff

Dips are a godtier compound movement, my chest and tris grew like weeds when i added weighted dips into my routine.

On a side note, 70% of Veeky Forums is dyel lift faggots who have no clue what they are talking about. Some of the tripfags know whats up but the majority of this board is just fatties, manlets and kids that just started working out and think they are personal trainers.

I have this, too.

pls help.

No, your form is just shit. There are people who can do +80kg weighted dips and their shoulders and rotator cuffs are healthier than yours will ever be

How old are you? Look up costochondritis. It's common among teens

Pretty much, bodyweight exercises get you big enough for people to mire

my elbow clicks a lot when I do dips

one guy said I was a quart low on oil

anyone else have this problem?

Dips are a good exercise, but there are safer ways to hit the same muscles.

Also, a lot of people can't do dips at all for some reason(collarbone, sternum, shoulder pain, ect)

I've started doing dips on gymnastics rings, it's fantastic.

I feel like it's too chaotic a movement to do with weights though.

But making fun of them was the meme

I do ring dips with 70lbs added for 12. Just make sure you aren't going past 90 degrees with your elbows and flex your lats like you're benching. Doing dips on bars fucks with my shoulders

Start doing them on rings. You'll see gains in no time, OP.

OK, I'll give it a shot once I'm more used to the movements.

I get a better contraction with weighted bench dips vs rings or bar

Where in my rotation should dips be? I do dips along with squat, deads, and bench on a day. Where in all of these should the dips be?

Underrated kek

My shoulder clicks a lot (like three clicks per movement minimum) when i do rows. I just ignore it. Only my right shoulder though.

DESU the number of body clicks I get just doing normal shit has skyrocketed since weightlifting.

Burst out laughing

Weighted dips are good. Never understood the hate behind it.

>want to do weighted dips but no belt to attach weights

Any other ways to add weight?

Lucky you

>6'1 175lb
>can do 4x8 weighted dips with 2pl8 ez
>chest still looks like shit and is probably my weakest spot aesthetically

Hold a dumbbell between your ankles.

Have your bro wrap his legs around your waist as you dip. If you stare into his eyes as you work, you get amped up more so you can work even harder. Trust me, I'm an expert

this happened to me before. After 4 sessions where dips bothered my chest I removed them from my routine for 6 months. I have since reincorporated it with no ill effects. For the time being just do pressing and fly motions.

never thought of that, noice.

would throwing a bag on with weights do the trick as well?

>tfw no gymbro

Dips are the best bodyweight exercise for chest. People think push ups are a good chest exercise but they are not even comparable to dips.
Normies think dips are a tricep exercise due to bodybuilding but if done correctly its entirely a chest/delt exercise. Overall dips are the most underrated exercise for chest growth.

>would throwing a bag on with weights do the trick as well?
Sure. Anything that adds weight but doesn't restrict the movement of your arms.

Tie a string to your dick and the weights

I use a backpack that i fill with sand.

I like to have functioning shoulders. So no dips for me

>do weighted dips
>eventually crack my sternum which hasn't healed in over a year

>functioning shoulders
>cant do a simple bodyweight exercise
Do you not squat below parallel either?

I'm 18 but was 17 when it happened. I'll loom into it. Thanks