Be careful when lifting anons. Don't overdo yourself

Be careful when lifting anons. Don't overdo yourself

Thanks for the advice user
Presheate it

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>tfw c+j in my routine today

If you're not training for WL, why bother?

How long does something like that take to recover? Is his career finished?

Lmao dumbass

not necessarily but a year at least to return to this level once recovery begins

Pretty sure his career is over with that much tearing

yeah that

You're ugly af bruh

It's a great functional lift.

Yeah, there's fuck all you can do for something like that.

>functional
you can do whatever you want in the gym, but
seriously? functional for what?

Functional for when he picks up your fatass GF to fuck her standing and creampie her unprotected pussy, you fucking idiot. Ask your GF's son, he knows all about it.

well, you sure showed me

But seriously, though. How do you think the C&J isn't a great functional lift? It works just about fucking everything.

Explain what you mean by functional.
Don't give me any bullshit buzzwords with no substance.
I'm not some fucking rube who just started lifting yesterday.

yeah, i'm with this guy
not sure you know what 'functional' actually means

Not him, but you sound like some fucking rube who started lifting yesterday.

Functional means that the strength/speed/agility/endurance acquired from the lift can be applied to other areas in life outside of lifting.

It's an exercise that strengthens you in ways applicable outside of simply performing that exercise.

How is this hard to understand?

>Functional means that the strength/speed/agility/endurance acquired from the lift can be applied to other areas in life outside of lifting.
>other areas in life outside of lifting
yes, but where in life outside of the gym are you using that strength?
i'm not talking about 2-3 events a year stuff like helping friends moving or similar, like regular stuff you do weekly where your c+j makes such a big difference

>outside of simply performing that exercise
fyi, it's a little bit more to it than that, unless you actually mean outside of the gym
but it doesn't sound like that's what you mean

HOLY SHIT, is this guy from /soc/ dude no way

If you have a job that requires you to be strong.

kek, sure buddy

>yes, but where in life outside of the gym are you using that strength?
>i'm not talking about 2-3 events a year stuff like helping friends moving or similar, like regular stuff you do weekly where your c+j makes such a big difference

>I'm not strong so I might as well be as weak as possible

This is what all you autists arguing over "Why ?"

No, you're not actually carrying a handgrenade. No, it's not fun to be a useless sack of shit.

Or to think of it another way: I live in a city, which means if I drive, my average over time is going to be something like 25-30 MPH. Does that mean it's totally fine for me to have a car that has a max speed of 45 MPH? No. That's a fucking shit car that would be impossible to merge onto a highway if I needed to.

Likewise, you could be a minimally weak DYEL fuck and be merely okay most of the time and entirely inadequate some of the time, or you could be awesome all the time.

Way to complete miss the point about what he's on about. Why even mention strength when no one brought it up? You're a dumbass

are you sure you understood what i meant with my posts?

Not the guy but it's a great way to train being explosive, fun and if you can't cope with slow pulls twice a week decent deadlift accessory. Functional is just pt buzzwords

Nothing in the fucking clean and jerk can be applied to your fucking outside life you retarded fuck.
Not only that but the potential for injury FAR outweighs any potential health and fitness benfits it can confer.

You sound like some complete fucking bitch who only started lifting a month ago and has been living in this bullshit fitness fantasy land on the net and with the other retards and have not ONCE thought or tried any of the shit you are on about.

Functional has become a meaningless term that has lost any and all meaning when it comes to physical culture.

Yes, you're close. But functional does not mean strengthen. Functional exercise are exercises that will enhance your day to day life.

Increased strength is good. Going after strength at the cost of everything else is not functional, it is dedication to something.
You're equating ornamental strength with functional strength and it doesn't work like that.

Just say it's vanity lifting and call it a day.

I can't see how the clean and jerk will make you more functional in your day to day life.

I'm Being worried about injury is honestly a silly reason not to try things in lifting, hell if you were that worried about injuries you should stop benching it literally kills a couple of people every year or every few years even with spotters and 80-100 kg weight.

Out fucking cold.

Someone missed arm day

you cant accept how useless the c+J is if you don't compete keep reading your bro science, don't count the bar and do w/e the fuck you want, just don't try to justify your retardation to others

>Being worried about injury is honestly a silly reason not to try things in lifting

No it isn't.

you got it

Stfu dyel guy can't even squat 4pl8 tries to lecture people as if he's knowledgeable.
Stop benching then faggot.

>being worried is a silly reason not to try things
there you go, fixed it

Don't leave the house bros chance of death, don't play any sports either might break a nail.
I'd fuck both of your boipussies desu.

wow you sound tough..

I'm with user here, y'all are pussies.
You don't see people bending their arms off every week from c&j.

>not staying in an empty room for the rest of your life
>going outside
>ever

lol stupid faggits

>Functional
I'll agree its one of the most overused buzzword of the modern gym. Its meant to mean: an exercise or lift that also trains your motor skills and increased coordination for use outside of the exercise and in everyday life.

The C&J is one of the most technically difficult lifts you'll see. It requires timing, coordination of the entire body, focus, and of course a great deal of strength.
Strength can be defined as the power to move an object X distance / Y time. That means the heavier and faster you can move an object, the stronger you are. It's a "functional" lift in that it teaches you many other things that can carry over to other exercises or your daily life: e.g how to tighten up, stabilize your spine, pull explosively, coordinate legs, back and arms etc. Apart from all this its a great muscle building exercise too. => thus: functional.

An example of the opposite: The bicep curl is an isolation exerice requiring pretty much zero coordination,or really much of anything. It makes you stronger in contracting your arm, a move rarely used in real life. Thus this would not fall in the category of "functional" exercise.

Keked is what my husband said when I was watching it.

om yul chol returned after dislocating his elbow to get the cj wr, it honestly does vary but you're right his does look very damning

gawddddd

Pretty sure snatch is much more difficult than the clean and jerk, but i guess thats an opinion.

thnx rip

>another mute version

somebody give me a good quality vid-sound webm, i wanna hear that dcream

>If you're not training for WL
It's useful to know how to do in strongman as well. Split jerking a log is pretty hard but if you can do it, it's useful. It's good with an axle as well

While that's true, there's enough difference between jerking a log or axle and an oly bar that a lot of lifters who are passable at the strongman versions would bomb hardcore if they had to do it oly style.

>ALLAHU AKBAR
lol what a fucking cunt

Except it's so extreme in motion I can't imagine anyone except OLY guys trying to max out. The injury risk is to high so you get no real benefit anyway

thank you

i really enjoyed the shreekin

>
>thnx rip
More like thanks Sif. I'm not that guy but I'm reading Super training and he splits it into functional and structural training. I think that makes sense without making it sound like bodybuilding is >le dumb lunks xD

>Click on the daily mail article about this for some reason
>Read the comments section

REEEEEEE

I just enjoy the Olympic lifts more. I lift for fun and they are the most fun.

What now faggot.

ok just stay safe bb

Y-you too

>clean and jerk
>not superior clean and press
I'm glad you candyasses have hashed out your vaginafeelings about memelifts but I need you both to remember you're basically giving away gains for free

If you can strict press it, there ain't much point cleaning it.

S N A P C I T Y
N I
A T
P Y

Better tri rom
Better explosives for your deadlifts due to the grip
Recruits stabilizers in a realistic way rather than memeing your legs apart in a situation where you need to pick up another person or object and not split your taint in half
Better strength gains that translate into bench, ohp, etc
Less risk of injury (which is a stupid point I'll give you that but less injury means more consistent gains if you've lifted for any decent time)
Don't tell me what aint an aint not kinfolk ill tie the long hair on your head to the short hair on your ass an kick ya down the street til yer face dips like a holler

Im pissed, I turned it off right beforr he made that attempt

the thing is he already had elbow pain in the other arm when he failed the 2nd attempt on 195, i was wondering why he did it again and then it snapped on the other arm.

Really sad actually, seeing as the armenian guy managed to get really close to xiaojun on snatches.

I hate you, my local broadcaster isn't even showing WLing because australia isn't in it and god forbid we see other countries be successful. Missed Lu's snatch WR *and* the kazakh C&J wr. So fucking pissed.

I'm streaming it illegally because the nbc website doesn't work on Linux, you should too.