I actually think that Stronglift 5x5 is much better than Starting Strength

I actually think that Stronglift 5x5 is much better than Starting Strength.
>Fuck me right

So? Do it then.

It really doesn't fucking matter.

I agree. As a beginner doing 5 sets instead of three yields more results and rows are definitly a better back exercise than powercleans.

Is it ok to add 4*10 inclined curls and 4*10 skullcrushers to every SL day ?

No. No one is going to fuck a retarded mongoloid cunt like you.

They're basically the same thing. After a few weeks it becomes stupidly hard and dangerous to lift your working weight 25 times, so people cut down to 3x5 as SL recommends. Which, again, is basically SS. SL has a pretty app, though.

Yes. But your compounds will give the most gains. Don't ever sacrifice them for your accessories, or you'll be screwing up your gains, and feel pissed when you don't look as good or lift as much.

>tfw I wasted 2 months on SL getting sub par gains because I thought doing assistance work would make me top shit

SS allows for faster progression and includes powercleans, which you will need unless you're gonna OHP from a rack every time.

If you were to do SL, you would end up having built abit more muscle due to the extra volume. But you would also most likely be weaker, and the guy who did SS would overtake you in mass simply by being able to train with higher weights. He would also be stronger.

On the plus side, you are a very special snowflake for doing SL. And Medhi made excel sheets for you!

Fucking stop talking as if it matters. Just do the lifts and eat a proper diet. FUCK!

NO.

I like how it has barbell rows instead of power cleans. Seriously why does Rip recommend power cleans for a noob?

dubs decides, trips can override

seriously ripp, just fuck off you fat cunt

>SS allows for faster progression
How so?

I dunno mang

5x5 gets pretty tiring once you hit heavier weights

Hard and dangerously? I've been doing 5x5 for 5 month now.

Yeah, it's a better designed program that will net you faster noob gains, more muscular endurence, and more raw mucle mass by the end of it's usage.

Eventually you need to drop volume to 3x5 on lifts, but fuck, that isn't for a LOOOOONG time after you start lifting. Anybody can do 5 sets of bitch weight, even if it is a working weight for them.

Not gonna lie, the app is also nice.

Yeah, it'd be good for arms. The skullcrushers are kinda unnecessary tho, you're already hitting tris like a mofo with ohp and bench. Most noob programs neglect biceps, 5x5 included. do curls.

Rip is questionable in a lot of ways. However, I kinda wish I'd taken the time to learn power cleans from the start. It's a good excercise and a good way to learn that proper form is very important.

Power cleans also adapts your body to becoming more flexible, which is good when it's time to start changing up your squat routine. Power cleans helped me get into proper position for low bar squat.

>sl ignoring biceps

Nope. SL has rows. Rows hit biceps just fine for any newbie.

if you care about this it means you are still a beginner who's been lifting for less than a year so idgaf what you think

go back to redd1t where you can post memes and brag about your 2pl8 squat

Lol time doesn't matter fucknut. Has your working weight surpassed your ability to do the required reps? Then your just lifting weight you can already handle, which is not the point at all.

?

that's an essential part of a beginner program

I'm the user you replied to. When you get to heavy weights, like 2pl8 squat, doing 5 sets WILL kick your ass. Then you have 2 more 5x5 lifts plus possibly accessories, and you want to die. For a lot of people, thats too much to not be tired, and being that tired increases weight if you dropping the weight and fucking yourself up.

Plus, since it's been proven that the difference between 3x5 and 5x5 in terms of muscle stimulus is pretty much nothing, it's a better choice for most people to swap to 3x5 after a while.

But you do you, user. If you like 5x5 better, keep it up. Motivation is pretty fkn important in weight lifting.

>Plus, since it's been proven that the difference between 3x5 and 5x5 in terms of muscle stimulus is pretty much nothing,
source?
volume is a huge factor in size and strength, and having almost twice as much volume as SS, SL can give huge gains

not that gains are the point of beginner programs; learning technique and how to properly lift is the best outcome

Big volume works for beginners.
For intermediate natties frequency and going heavy trumps volume.

?

volume is literally frequency and intensity?

I meant reps, but 100kgX5X3 (1500kg) beats 75kgX7X4 (2100kg.)

For a natty after 3 sets you pretty much got all the stimulation you're going to get, any additional sets have extremely rapidly diminishing returns.

Ive been doing SL for two months now, and I have reached 90kg squat. Which last time I could do 87,5kg but I feel that my form (and stamina) were suffering since i think im close to my actual worling weight threshold. Also last time I could 5x5 42,5kg ohp.

I was going to deload but seeing you guys talk about 3x5 3x3 etc is taking me doubt.

I should deload and continĂșe with 5x5 right?

Maybe it's time to switch to 3X5, stats?

>powercleans, which you will need unless you're gonna OHP from a rack every time.
Except pressing takes more strength than cleaning, so if you can press it you can get it up. "Cleans" aren't a real exercise, they just set you up for the actual work so practicing them exclusively is fucking retarded.

Unless you have training goals that in some way benefit from power work.

Not that you have to use cleans to train that, but they're useful for it.

I dont want to switch yet because my lifts arent so good yet.
All 5x5
Ohp: 40kg
Squat: 87,5kg
Deadlift 90
Row 50kg
Bench press 47,5

Still the only one I couldnt finish is ohp.
Squat im feeling like im not going to be able to finish 5x5 on 90kg. So im thinking about deloading those two.

On the other I can keep going I think.

Sorry im writing all this stuff when deloading on those two is probable the answer

Also I go to the gym at 7am so most of the time I lift while being tired or not sleeping 8hrs

Do I really need to go alternate between A and B each workout?
Would it not be better to just doing all the exercises every workout?

I think you should stick with the routine

>so people cut down to 3x5 as SL recommends.
HOL UP
I've deloaded twice on my squats (last was from 265, currently on 255 after a few weeks of working back to 265,) and the app doesn't tell me to do 3x5, and I can attest to what is saying. When I don't get enough sleep I feel like throwing up after five sets of squats, and I always end my workout with reddish eyes/broken capillaries on face. The app still tells me to do 5x5. Will it tell me to do 3x5 when I fail enough times?

Unless you're powerlifting Stronglifts is better for general strength purposes I guess