Caligula literally did nothing wrong. Prove me wrong faggots

Caligula literally did nothing wrong. Prove me wrong faggots
>pro tip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

ancient-origins.net/history/roman-emperor-caligula-and-floating-bridge-baiae-002452
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you believe this, surely you'll gladly go out and start stabbing some water.

>stabbing some water
wut

>Be Caligula
>Inherit the power of the number one empire in the world(besides China)
>Use it to please your kinks and mock everyone
>Make your favourite horse to consul, just for the kek
>Proclaim yourself more powerful than one of the most popular gods of your culture, because your army stabbed some water
>"Oh, why is everyone hating me????"

>beside China

AJHAHAHAJAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

AHHAHAHHAHHQHHQHQJHQJQHWHHW

Reeeeeee

In Caligilas defense, while he was almost certainly a monster, a bad emperor, and mentally damaged from the abuse he suffered as a child; the history of his reign was written by the same patrician nobles he spent his life getting back at and pissing off. It is believed many of his more outrageous antics were apocryphal (like waging war on the ocean) or purposefully misconstrued, such as his naming his horse Consul, which some now believe was a political maneuver to thumb his nose at the senate

>some now believe was a political maneuver to thumb his nose at the senate

If i ever rulled my country i would close parliment but not before humilliating them like CalĂ­gula did
Is it true that the fucker managed to cross the med by foot?

I believe you may be thinking of Caesar marching across the Rhein. Or of Caligulas enormous floating palace on lake nemi

ITT: fake news. Historians were biased af against him.

>enormous floating palace on lake nemi
Always had the ideia he made a huge boat bridge from Rome to Sicily

>Recovered from the lake bed in 1929, the ships were destroyed by artillery fire and British bombing raids during World War II in 1944 though the History Channel attributes their destruction to German soldiers
Learned something today, also became a little more of angry fascist today

The story is that some guy said that Caligula had more chances of riding across the bay of Naples than of becoming emperor.
So once he was emperor he commanded for every available vessel around to gather there and make a floating bridge across the bay, and proceeded to ride over it.

He was crazy but not inept. If he wanted a real war against Posedian, he'd have Posedians statues smashed, temples burned and his worshipers persecuted.

he made a two mile long rock bridge out to an island off the west coast of italy and had an orgy with his soldiers when he got there

Im actually inclined to believe that. Imagine getting a std like that, than fucking every noblewoman out of spite in your home while the husbands sit at dinning table

>besides China

h-how many soldiers?

Just ignore those people, they feel that China has to mentioned because somehow somewhere a chinese will get offended if we don't

The challenge accepted meme gone too far.

A good commander always hang out with his comrades.
Elagabalus would like this too.

Caligula once had fishermen capture two dolphins, which he had strapped to a little boat shaped like a giant seashell, and sailed that way up the Tiber from Ostia to Rome, dressed as Venus.
When he got there he fucked 7 senators' wives and paid them in pearls.

His short life was full of fun.

Ethics is currently considered unsolved, so yes.

Godly

Its a disputed thing, but I believe it ancient-origins.net/history/roman-emperor-caligula-and-floating-bridge-baiae-002452

considering he turned the senator's wives into whores for profit to support his lavish lifestyle, I dont think building a bridge out to Baie and having a marevlous fuck fest with ravenous soldiers waiting to pluck the amazing greco-roman cherrys is out of the question for something he may have done. I can only imagine for those soldiers it must have been like hitting the jackpot-there probably wasnt a single girl or slave boy left unfucked after it.

"I live !"
- Caligula, to his murderers

"Well... you SAY that..."
- Cassius Chaerea

Garum?