Veeky Forums tell me about what martial are the most practical

Veeky Forums tell me about what martial are the most practical.
Martial arts and self defense thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MRTsabfMTgs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

judo, wrestling,jiu jitsu, muay thai, boxing

Krav maga cause it teaches you fight dirty. If you are looking to learn how to win fair fight I would recommend kick boxing.

Boxing or wrestling should be good enough if youre in a country with good gyms

problem is i am not and honestly i am more interested in learning on my own

Boxing to start for sure. If you hold your own boxing you have no business fighting in the street.

Boxing for brawling
Judo for throwing (and chokes/disarms)
Wrestling might also be okay depending on your level but Judo is simply better due to teaching quality
Learn Savate's front kick

Anything else is stupid. Krav Maga courses are bullshit because they don't actually teach Krav Maga. BJJ is retarded because groundwork is literally asking for a reenaction of American History X's curb-stomp scene. Chokes are risky because the guy can simply stab your liver or spleen during those. Any kick higher than waistline is a throwdown call.

Source: Grew up in Middle East as a white kid. They don't like us there.

where are you from?
pretty sure every country has some sort of martial art they excell in

Buy gun ez

krav maga. Not meming.

Shit is insane

This.

i live in Bulgaria in a small town we only have a karate school were they dont teach you anything unless you are 5 years in the school and also there is a boxing gym but its fucking overcrowded with normie dumbfucks so i want to learn some martial art or a combination without going to any gym or anything like that.

Krav Maga.

not everybody lives in a country that you can get shot by niggers

Side question: what's the best if you want to do competitions?

Any you plan on sticking with and putting enough effort in to be able to compete you fucking mong

What do you mean? For MMA? Learn MMA but don't go to meme ufc gyms. Some are great and many are shittaacular.

Overall? I enjoy watching and training boxing. But thats me. Most would disagree with me.

Yes. I was a runner in college and continued for a few years after, but had to give it up a few months ago because of reoccurring plantar fasciitis. I'm looking for a new sport that affords the opportunity to compete.

Boxing. You have numerous amateur tourneys.

Muay Thai. Trust me.
Boxing and normal kickboxing is alright too.

A mix of just about everything is the best bet. Judo, boxing, jiu jitsu etc so that you have a wide breadth of fundamentals. The cherry on top though, is a program that incorporates practical and realistic force on force training.

A lot of martial arts shit flies out the window when a guy has a solid grip on your clothes or is already up in your business before you can gather your ki or whatever. A nice safe controlled ass kicking does wonders for your confidence in a fight.

>Gather your ki
Beautiful.

Half the people in threads like these say "Krav Maga". The other half say that Krav Maga is absolute shit. Which way is it? People seem to either love it or hate it...

For street fights, MT. You don't wanna go do roll and touch butt BJJ in the streets. Judo is pure shit because no kimono and is generally homosex martial art. Boxing works.

Seriously though, if you're looking at martial arts for a defensive purpose the one thing that's missing from most programs is serious pressure testing. People need a good booster shot of that "Holy fuck I'm going to die" feeling.

Good luck trying to throw a dragon punch or get to your thousand dollar ninja knife when two dudes are kicking the shit out of you, and the one turning your ribs into mush from behind decides to hook your legs and dump you on your fucking head.

What are you trolling? In the real world there is no fair fight, there is nonody that will call foul if you throw a dirty kick. In the real world you want to end the fight as soon as it starts. Not last 3 rounds.

Krav maga. You will be able to end the fight as soon as it starts.

The people who say its good are baiting the people who say its bad.

Right. So I'm just gonna pop over to Something Awful and ask them, because the meme-countermeme-progression on Veeky Forums is getting to meta for me. I don't even know if anyone is ever trolling or not. Is SS a meme? Is "SS is a meme" a meme? Is "SS is a meme is a meme" a meme? How deep does the fucken rabbit hole go?

Right. So I'm just gonna pop over to Something Awful and ask them, because the meme-countermeme-progression on Veeky Forums is getting to meta for me. I don't even know if anyone is ever trolling or not. Is SS a meme? Is "SS is a meme" a meme? Is "SS is a meme is a meme" a meme? How deep does the fucken rabbit hole go? is a meme

also doing krav maga will make you better at fighting than most of the people you come across, even if it isn't as good as others.

>Right. So I'm just gonna pop over to Something Awful and ask them, because the meme-countermeme-progression on Veeky Forums is getting to meta for me. I don't even know if anyone is ever trolling or not. Is SS a meme? Is "SS is a meme" a meme? Is "SS is a meme is a meme" a meme? How deep does the fucken rabbit hole go? is a meme

Oh, God... I didn't even mean to meme...

Having a concealed carry permit.
Let's me avoid having to train the fedora of the fitness world aka marshull awts

>What are you trolling?
The person you responded to recommended it because it teaches dirty fighting. It's like you don't even realize you agree.

Krav maga is basically just kicking your opponent in the balls

You also punch them in the balls senpai, don't strawman a whole combat system.

Boxing und Wrestling.

Krav maga is just a shitty demo martial art that shows you how to deal with somebody attacking you with a knife really slowly by kicking him in the balls which he conveniently covered

Buy a gun

Didn't cover i means

Bane?

Krav Maga is literally Jewish

in that

it's literally Jewish

and you're falling for a literal Jewish trick if you think it's worth learning

it's basically a bad copy of Jeet Kung Do

Sambo has a decent combo of different grappling arts

But yell won't say that to their faces would you bitch nigga. Please go fuck with Israel and watch what happens to your silly ass.

Hate them cause you ain't them....

>20% of everything
>relevant

> normie dumbfucks

No one that fights is a normie dumbfuck. Normal people typically wanna avoid getting hit not go do it for fun. You sound like a pussy.

No one learns how to fight without taking there lumps first. Pull your balls out and hit the boxing gym.

пoчвaш MMA дa блъcкaш и твa e. имa и cилoви тpeниpoвки и нямa дa гyбиш мaca ;)

Fucking THIIIIIS

Judo? Really? It's a points sport and that's it.

Real numbers:
10% weight room
80% working technique weaknesses
10% sparring

This year it became popular in my town to be a boxer so literally every normie goes there most of the time doing nothing but taking pictures for facebook but still the gyms are flooded as shit.

Kyokushin Karate is a pretty legit style. When they compete, they go full contact without wearing any pads. Training involves really intense bodyweight/calisthenics workouts and stretches, and full contact sparring, albeit with gloves and shin guards. The dojo I used to go to even had a weight room on the side.

The main drawback of Kyokushin is that they don't practice punches to the face for some reason, which can lead to you developing really bad habits. Furthermore, they don't teach very many grapples, but it's kind of justified, considering that it's a striking art.

e твa e , блaгoдapя xD

>tfw i'm going to get my ass kicked by a lanklet any day now
>tfw i told this guy in our skype group that he looks like "lurch with AIDS" and someone else in the skype group told him where i live
>tfw turns out we live in the same city and use the same subway stop
>tfw he said he's going to kick my ass
>tfw i'm Veeky Forums but 5'6" and he's like 6'7" or something

Yeah to be honest I really do wish I was a levantine state sometimes

fight dirty

use your elbows

just don't accidentally kill him

elbows aren't even dirty.

t. nignog or irish

Judo has the shittiest teaching quality around. Wrestling is taught in a much more difficult manner in the US and isn't run like a fucking daycare. You'll learn to be able to defend yourself adequately if you wrestle tirelessly.

any thoughts on jiu jitsu?

boxing and I guess muay thai

grappling and kicking doesnt work on the streets, krav maga is jewish garbo, try disarming a knife wielding guy and see where you end up

Get in close. Avoid his reach

the trick to fighting taller people is getting in, they wont have the ROM to properly punch and you'll wreck their livers and stomach

being in distance with someone taller than you is asking to get fucked in the ass

also eye gouging

Krav maga

It depends on what you want, combat oriented martial arts arent the best for self defense since they're meant for combat. Combat suggests offensive ability which isnt good self defense since you have to deal with legal limitations. The armed forces martial arts are about teaching a willingness to fight and attack the enemy, that attitude can get you sent to jail in civilian life.

What happens when you punch someone and knock him out?
Are you fucked if he goes to the police?

This is what scares me, some cunts next to my business are disgusting, filthy people and I've only hold up on beating the fuck out of them due to fear of having to pay them a big fine or something, even worse if I broke their jaw or teeth

The only person to mention elbows out of many posts. Jesus christ Veeky Forums

elbows, the equalizer among st men... Of a reasonable size differential.

But a good firm elbow to the nignog will ring anyone to bedtime ez.

>because the guy in American history x knew jiu jitsu

Yeah that could be felony assault bud. You legit can get like 5 years in prison for violently attacking someone like that.

I guess punching a liver would be less problematic but oh well, better just suck it up or track their routines and hit & run

If they escalate things and will not descalate and they get too close to you, fuck him up. "He was nearly immediately upon me and displayed Hostile intent officer, that is all I will say until I see a lawyer." or say nothing at all and just talk to a lawyer, probably even better. I'm not a legal rep.

dont swing first and u can probably claim self defense m80

It's the shit. Mixes with your fitness routine well, and there's a lot of sparring against a resisting opponent which is essential. Boxing or MT is good to help cover the basics of distance management

Yeah it doesn't matter where you hit them. An unprovoked physical attack on someone is very serious business they'll most likely throw the book at you and make you into an example in he court system.

I'm doing heavy compounds and only a few acessories(due to boxing, I even only do OHP for shoulders) on Monday, Wednsday and Saturday.
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I have box

how do I fit into it running without burning out? I've been cutting and I've got like a month or two tops left so I guess it'll be easier once I lean bulk

>being this retarded

Do it right when you wake up. Burn some stored fat and gets your day started great. I have the best days at work and working out when I run at 5am

Doesn't go along with my schedule

I was thinking, maybe after lifting?
also should I plan something or just run until I'm tired and then try to beat that time and try to run for a longer time next time?

don't fight people in the street.

that said if you were going to, muay thai for striking, wrestling/submission wrestling or bjj for grappling.

i wouldn't take a street fight to the ground but if it does go there at least you'd know how to defend yourself, from one assailant, anyway.

muay thai literally makes your body into a weapon. even without the kicks, you have elbows and knees. i mean if you legitmately got a street tough into a clinch and start throwing knees and he didn't have a knife or something, he would be absolutely fucked.

truly though if you practice a striking art for 3+ times a week for a couple years, it doesn't matter the art. you'll fuck an untrained fighter up. i like muay thai because you can launch an attack from almost any angle. but shit if you only boxed for a couple years, you'd only need your hands to win a street fight.

From what I've seen from muay thai guys trying out boxing is that they dont guard their livers and chins nor throw punches very well

any combat martial art will make you shit on someone untrained, not only you learn how to properly punch but you also learn how to get hit and how it feels
I'll never forget the first punch I got to the liver kek
or when I was worn out and let my guard for just a bit and got a straight punch to my nose which surprisingly wasn't much painful but It left me a bit dizzy for two seconds or so

2-3 years of wrestling or a purple belt in jiu jitsu, then switch over to a striking art preferably boxing or muay thai until you git gud.

TeamUSA page for boxing or wrestling list clubs in your area. Jiu jitsu is expensive, but you only really need a purple belt to wreck people so don't worry, gracie gyms are always good but extra expensive you'll have to do some googling to find a good decently priced gym. Same for Muay Thai no real organization keeping quality up. Just check for gyms and look for ones that are related to either a good gym in the country of origin or that explicitly taught by big names, quite a bit of googling but worth it.

No set mile goals. Start with 2. Run 1 then walk it off for a lil bit stretch and run another and every week or other day add like 10% extra in your run.

You can't box until you get tired. If you do you lose the match by tko or quit on your stool. You neeeeeed endurance and stamina. Do you jump rope?

guess I'll try running until I can no longer do it to check how much I can last

I jump rope, how boxes and doesnt?

Judo will teach you to throw people twice your size into the ground. You can easily kill someone by throwing them onto concrete.

youtube.com/watch?v=MRTsabfMTgs

Hardly "points" sport
Yeah you can get a yuuko or waza ari and "stall"
But you would know that stalling will result in penalties.
If you can throw for ippon in a match, you can easily toss a drunk motherfucker looking for a fight onto the group

>Judo is a point sport and that's it
Nigga do you even know what judo is

Don't knock him out by punching his face, not that you could even reach. From what I read, you can kill a dude with a punch to the face. Or he could die by knocking out and falling bad on the concrete. Kick him in the balls and work on his body. Don't curbstomp him. Stomp his legs.

Just making sure brah you'll be surprised. But running is essential.

Do you know how hard it is to kill someone with your bare hands? Y'all niggas dumb falling for memes and shit.

yes the way we throw punches is relatively sloppy.

i would not want to straight up box a trained boxer using only muay thai punches. depending on the gym, you might learn better punching technique, etc., but part of it is the MT stance which is meant to defend kicks to the head and ribs/sides/liver/etc. whereas in boxing the first stance i learned was that defensive tank-like stance where you can really put your weight behind your jab. in muay thai you're standing almost straight up and the jab is more of heavy snap. it's sloppy boxing.

muay thai is very defensive stance wise because you're basically constantly trading and countering. at the very least in muay thai you'll learn that if you get kicked in the liver that you can grab their leg and kick their other leg out.

to add on to this if i could really build up my striking, i would train western boxing for a year or two, THEN switch to muay thai. a lot of elements of boxing (the way boxers use jabs to sort of gauge distance and the opponent and their footwork/mobility) is awesome, even in muay thai. of course in MT instead of jabbing you can just push kick them.

Don't live in a shithole jitsu
Don't be a cunt fu
Parkour
Boxing/muay thai + bjj/judo/wrestling

>in after krabby magoo and assorted memes

>crab manga
fuck off shill

why is there so much hate for KM?
are the US gyms so shitty that they ruin it for everybody? When I trained in israel it was great, very practical, exhausting workouts.

It honestly depends on the coach, mine doesn't like traditional stances like being straight up and just trading kicks to eventually go into a clinch. He uses a lot of movement, sort of hard to catch, putting power into kicks and punches, guarding well enough too

Freestyle wrestling is GOAT. BJJ is a meme.