Starting college in two weeks. I'm going to be doing 15 credits. Is it possible to be smart and fit??...

Starting college in two weeks. I'm going to be doing 15 credits. Is it possible to be smart and fit??? I don't think I will be able to do it plus I have a job also. Their isn't time. Anyone have advice that can help me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

budget your time. i was in school for EE and i managed to also hold a job, study, and go to the gym.

If you look into it, you probably have 1-2 hours to spend every day. You probably spend it on useless shit like gaming etc

DID YOU NOT HEAR OP THEIR ISNT TIME!!!!!!

Your first 2 years are Gen-Ed classes which you shouldn't have to study for 24/7 unless your a complete retard. It's good you want to stay Veeky Forums and you should be fine.

Be sure to watch in amazement as those hotties you see on move-in day pack on the freshman 25 as the year progresses.

I'm 26.....

Well shit nigger, you already know what's up then. You said "starting college" so I assumed you were 18 and actually starting college.

Just do some come at parties to maintain your muscle density. Look at wallstreet bankers. They barely workout but are Veeky Forums as fuck. Obviously some are out of shape, but what coke does is it lowers exercise threshold, so now if you exercise just a little, you get mad gains. I am in now way saying you should do i, but facts remain facts.

I mean cocain btw

I'm overloading courses to finish on time and work 3 nights a week. Not as rigorous as some people's schedule, but it's a lot sometimes. I find it pretty easy to get into the gym at least an hour a day if I want to. If you want to find the time, you'll find it, and if you can't find it, you'll make it.

Just do roids idiot.

>15 credits
That's fucking nothing, I bet some of those aren't even STEM

You'll be fine, trust me

Cocain is like roids in some ways. Just saying it is stupid to deny extra gains

I am starting college been in CC on and off a while. This is the first time I'm actually being a full time student.

STEM?

You can actually mantain your muscle mass for quite a while if you are an intermediate/beginner lifting only once a week

I had 15 credit hours, worked about 15-20 hours a week on campus, slept 8 hours a night, lost 75 lbs. & had a bangin' social life.

Budget yo' hours. You can do it.

>inb4 STEMfags tell everyone how they're the most important people

too late!

But how else would the idiots know?

Who /17 credits/ here?

Junior here. Hopefully Physics 1 doesn't kick my ass.

I'm at 16, senior.

Physics 1 for me wasn't bad. 2 on the otherhand was a pain in the ass.

>Is it possible to be smart and fit???
yes i squat 600lbs and im very smart, people just hate because they arent not your strength

On average, smarter people are fitter.

>Is it possible to be smart and fit?

All you need is an hour a day to work out

>im very smart
>arent not
Try again.

No it is not

Kek, after taking 21 credits two semesters ago, 15 feels like high school all over again

>15 credits
That's not even a lot

Whenever you have the time, work out. Don't make an excuse--if you haven't worked out that day, and have the time, do it, because you never know if you'll be busy for the next few days with friends or studying or any other random occurence that may come up. If you have the time, do it

Every second fucking thread here is bait.

This is just a really shitty day to be on Veeky Forums, shittier than normal and that's saying a lot

Science technology engineering math

Get your degree in one of those (excluding biology, psychology, or sociology) or youll have wasted four years on a worthless degree

Wtf is wrong with Biology???

Clearly you are misinformed.

Still waiting an explanation on what "stem" means.

Religion disproves it.

Building Construction major master race reporting in

It's cool man, I took 18 last semester with working 30 hours a week and still made time for some gains. Just gotta make your schedule and just stick to hitting the gym early in the morning or something.

It's flooded with retards trying to be doctors who have severely diminished its value as a degree

You're better off in chem or biochem if you want a job not in research or teaching

>mfw I literally did 52 credits last semester at a top 10 uni

15 credits ain't shit, man.

>There isn't time.
Then make time, what are some kind of a faggot?

how much do you DL though

got to 3.5 pl8 after half a year of training, then quit due to knee growing pains

just go bright and early in the morning. i'm also starting school in a couple weeks, taking 16 credits. I don't have a job, but social life is very important to me, so i plan on going to the gym while everyone else sleeps

Grades are irrelevant except for a handful of courses

Who you know > what you know

That doesnt mean you can completely slack off, but dont think having flawless grades will get you somewhere, the cost will more often ruin your life and make you a wreck.

>uni
Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Mike Rowe?

youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o

this guy is retarded. the chances of 'making it' or 'finding your dream job' go up DRASTICALLY when you go to uni.

there's a chance you won't make it out of uni, yes, but there's an even greater chance that you won't make it anywhere if you don't go to college. look at all the 30-40 something year olds working at gas stations, grocery stores, or general places. that'll be you unless you luckbox into something or put in work that .0001% of the population would do.

>b-but what about (insert name) this guy dropped out of high school and now he's a billionaire!!

yeah, i'm not saying that it can't happen. what i'm saying is that the 30+ year old people who work poverty jobs who didn't graduate high school vastly outnumber the people who are successful and got their diploma/dropped out.

>tldr
go to college but pick a practical field.

>opportunities they didnt even know existed
Which is what Uni does, it lets you fuck around for a few years finding out what you actually want to do. A lot of people move around their degrees all the time.

Sitting on your ass in a basement for four years wont give you the knowledge to know or find something to turn into a career.

>Grades are irrelevant except for a handful of courses

this is so dumb. you're in college and paying for it. don't fuckin slack off just because "it doesn't matter." the habits you build in college will determine where you go for the rest of your life.

yeah you can know someone and get a really good job, but the chances of that are EXTREMELY low. don't fuckin slack off in college, ever.

>the cost will more often ruin your life and make you a wreck.

lol. college courses are extremely easy and you can get an amazing amount of work done if you just put your phone down and focus.

i'm a computer science major.

>the habits you build in college will determine where you go for the rest of your life.
No they dont. You are in a niche field where doing well translates to your competitiveness in the market, 99% of degrees are not like that at all, and 99.9% of jobs are not like that either.

Who you know, chance and luck dictate success. Dont kid yourself that getting flawless grades will save you.

>yeah you can know someone and get a really good job, but the chances of that are EXTREMELY low.
The chances are exceptionally high once you realize how important other people are and work on getting them to like you. Unless you're a basement neckbeard with no social lif-
>computer science major.
Yup, called it.

That's not really what he means.
It isn't that clear in this vid, but he implicitly shit talks the college kids who act like getting a bachelor's in the immensely popular but extremely useless X studies will give them a good job right off the bat while dismissing trades as a worthwhile path.

As a guy who hated uni and got into trades I can't say I disagree with that.

15 is nothing if you were smart when you scheduled classes. I'm getting 16 and 3 days a week I go from 9-4 with an hour and a half of free time. The other 2 days I don't start until 1 and go until 4.

Someone please tell me he is lying.

It's like this for nearly every major.
When everyone and their mom has a degree it tends to lower in value.

>can I be smart and fit?
>their isn't time
Their's your answer

Unfortunately I'm not.

I know because I used to be a bio major until I realized this and switched immediately. The guy saying every major is like that is incorrect. Some majors are valued simply because of technical skills like physics and compsci, while chem and biochem are great for getting into basically any job having to do with drugs or toxins. Biology majors applying for those jobs simply dont have enough knowledge

I said "nearly every major", Timmy.

Which with respect to STEM is wrong. The bio majors, psych, and soci are worthless. The rest are all most fine though

What kind of bs education are you getting ?

My first year 1st semester - 20 credits
Last semester - 23 credits

and you are complaining about 15 ? what the fuck ?

I was talking about uni in general, not STEM specifically.

Oh okay, sorry bro

EE is child's game

>thinking the squat is an important lift
spotted the fattie

there are elements of bio that will be revolutionary and are def worth while but there's plenty of trash in there too

Haha that's cute. I worked out 4-5 days/week in medical school. And I still work out 4-5 days/week as a medical resident. If I can do it, you can, too.

I'm doing 15 credits too. Started eating right so that I won't continue being a fat fuck any more. Might have work, but idk how that's going to pan out. If I don't get any work I'm going to start freelancing.

Are you sure those aren't units?

Just make sure not to drink any alcohol when you are there, it kills gains.

I hope I didn't cuck myself with my schedule

units?

>Friday 8 a.m. physics

hahaha

CMU does units. Basically 3 units is 1 credit. So 12 hours is 36 units. 52 units would be 17ish credits.

wtf is CMU? I'm at ETH in Zurich Switzerland, we're doing ECTS

Carnegie Mellon University.
If you're the 52 credits guy, how many credits do you need for a bachelors degree?

>sociology
>science

Yes I am. 180

>5:30 lab
Welp, I hope you don't go to school somewhere cold. Rolling out of lab at 6 to a pitch black, cold as fuck New England November evening is just about the worst thing ever. So I can't imagine how terrible 8 pm would be.

Okay, how did you handle such a course load?
That's more than 2 semesters worth of work in one semester.

I looked up his school by using the building names and he's going to VT.

The system he studies in probably gives more credits for the same hours.

15 credits is nothing, especially your first year.

You should be able to get all As, lift 4 or 5 days a week, party hard every weekend, work 8-10 hours a week, and still have tons of free time.

That's what I'm thinking. I based it off his number of credits for the degree. Assuming 4 years and 2 semesters a year.

A 'full time semester' is 30 credits here. I literally didn't take lunch breaks and was busy 7.30-18+ either in lectures or conducting my Bachelor's research.

Damn man. Good on you.

Are you me?

Will I have time for 15 credits, lifting vidya, social, and gf?

I'd say pick 3. Not sure. I would drop vidya though.

Who /tradeschool/ here?

Nigga it ain't hard. I pulled through nursing school and worked 2 days a week with a commute 30-45 minutes in each direction. Still found time to lift.

>giving yourself one class on tuesdays and thursdays
>hope i didnt cuck myself

>mfw job, 16 credits, division 1 sport, and you're worried about time

You could have googled it at any time you were waiting you entitled fuck.

Don't worry about those degrees you're obviously too dumb to do anything besides political science or english

Don't worry user
's argument comes down to
>degrees like chemistry have much more use in pharmaceutical roles
>hurrdurr bio is useless degree like sociology

Bio is the degree when it comes to the medical field. Just make above a 3.5 and fulfill the prerequisites

The short answer is no. People here will tell you otherwise, but as you grow older you'll learn you either need to choose to be a rich intellectual, or a social meathead.

>tfw I barely passed calc 2

study more

15 credit hours is considered pretty low tier.
This is not hate, not every major requires that many hours but you should know that it's easy to still have a life and exercise.
Many premed students play on uni sport teams but have far more intensive classes (I assume) and more classes, and usually do internships along the way.
I do 20 hours a week and go 6 days a week, usually there from 8am-9pm, including some breaks of course.
I also work during some of these breaks as well.
You can do it m8, you might not be able to exercise as much as you want but taking 3 or 4 hours out of a week is always possible.

>15 credit hours this semster
>grading every night
>40 hour a week job
and I still lift. if you love it youll find time