Is training abs a meme? Does working them out actually make them more visible at higher bf%?

Is training abs a meme? Does working them out actually make them more visible at higher bf%?

visibility had to do wtih bf%. nothing to do about it, just lose fat. Abs can still be trained to become more prominent. mostly corewise. You will get more fridge-mode and a wider and thicker physique. Something, most bodybuilder will avoid since it isn't aesthetic. Just do your vacuums, user.

Respectfully disagree. The abs are muscles like any other, and working them correctly will make them grow. "fridge-mode" etc. mostly depends on your build and you oblique. Working the rectus abdominalis (the abs) is not the same as the core in total (obliques etc.), although there will of course be a carry over effect.

so yeah, I'd say it isn't a meme, and can make your abs more visible at higher bf

Nigger dick flavoured pudding!!!

Just do like 50 situps in the morning and you're fine.

Am I the only person who thinks fridge mode doesn't look that bad? Other than some very extreme examples, it seems to make guys look really solid in a good way.

Of course it makes them more visible, but zou need to cut under 12 % for them to look reasonbly good

no, they're a magical muscle that grows without training

Don't respectfully anything you weak cunt. If you fucking disagree with something, fucking say it, none of this bullshit about "respectfully". A man relays respect by the words he uses and the manner in which he speaks. A bitch broadcasts it like you did because he's fucking afraid of the opinion he is giving.

Man up, you cowardly cunt.

>is training a muscle a meme?
What kind of question is that... oviously you need low bf% to see abs, but you can train them and make em stronger/bigger, just like any muscle.

agree, it gives a more functional look, but over a certain point it effects aethetics...

its a manner of speak. calm down tough guy

Suck a nigger dick flavoured pudding nigger dick flavoured pudding nigger dick flavoured pudding nigger dick flavoured pudding nigger dick flavoured pudding nigger dick flavoured pudding nigger dick flavoured pudding nigger dick flavoured pudding

Kill yourself my man

You can go without training abs but you'll regret it. Don't get meme'd on by the people here that tell you you can train them with squats or some stupid shit. The abs are a muscle and will grow when you work them. Work them.

Autism

take your pills, milord

I will wreck your ass faglord

>googles how to be alpha
>"be more dominant"
>goes on Veeky Forums
>spergs this shit on his keyboard
>smiles and pats on himself on the back

Well done buddy, now you can get all the pussy you dreamed of.

Bitches. To an individual.

It's the climb, Miley cyrus

What are good ab exercises? I've heard sit-ups/crunches are in fact only good for fucking up your back. I'm inclined to believe this as weight-training generally involves actual weights rather than flexing a muscle 1000 times each set.

>50

reminder if you can do more than 12 of an exercise it's time to add weight and lower reps

are sit-ups/crunches fucking up your back a real thing as in should a fit 2pl8 benching individual be afraid of them or is it just another thing that is true for 1% of population but skinnyfats use it as an excuse to everything forever?

All you need is plank bby

But seriously I would like to know, all I do are planks and crunches which sometimes hurt my back and neck. Anything I can do with dumbells, apparently weighted lunges do the trick but they just hurt my calves and not my abs

All I got is this:
>core muscles work to keep spine straight
>1000 reps of anything isn't good for your body
>you need weight to weight-train
>crunches are a very unnatural movement

Pelvic thrusts seem like a good exercise... I've heard of people sitting in a similar position to a sit-up, but with their back against a bench. They rest a bar on their crotch/hips/pelvis and bring their pelvic area up until their back is straight with their thighs. Horribly embarrassing to do in a real gym though, I'm not doing that shit until someone reputable shows it works.

Excercises with a medicine ball seem good too, but I'm a little worried about the potential for over-extending.

rofl

Autism

Hanging leg raises and Dragon flags

this.

how 2 leg raises?
I can barely do one, it's not like i neglect abs or anything but hanging leg raises just seem impossible.

somebody took too much creatine today

If you're too weak to do them hanging then improve your grip strength. While that's being improved just look around to see if your gym has a set up for leg raises. It'll be 2 bars with a pad on top of each to rest your forearms on and a handle to grasp. That way the only thing you have to concentrate on is just the leg raises and not keeping your whole body straight

Generally yes, but doing more reps increases endurance with the muscle, and for abs that's the most important. It doesn't matter how strong your abs are from a practical standpoint, it just matters that they can keep going. It won't really make them much bigger or more visible but having massively strong abs doesn't do anything for you.

is vacums just sucking your guts in? how do you workj with that, 3x30s?

I remember being a kid and skinnyfat, watched some black guy explaining that shit would make you have less of a belly and now I can easily vacuum really hard and hold it as long as my breath allows

Say this to someone in the real world if you want to get beat up, you faggot.

Breath from your nose while doing it, user. Hold it for at least a minute.

Ground first until you can really control them.

Will deadlifts exacerbate wide hips or help?

Start with bent legs. If grip is an issue, find yourself a captain's chair. If you can't do a single rep even bent-legged, I wish you luck, user.

Just to add my two cents, If you're going for aesthetics, Arnold never did any weighted core training outside of the heavy compound lifts. He talked about how if the muscles get too thick, you begin to lose your V-taper (maybe unless you're absolutely fucking yuge). He talks about it in his Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding.

I had been doing weighted isolation training for my core up until recently, after I had read that book. Now I just sort of treat high rep ab training as my cardio.

i trained abs everyday, at 20% bodyfat you can expect to see abs in good lighting and have not eaten so yes they are worth doing

This is why i stopped taking creatine, it just made me too alpha. I hope you can get over your creatine addiction user

he also took enough gear to have great abs no matter what

no one on Veeky Forums is ever going to have abs that are "too big" especially not a novice asking questions like this

Do not neglect any muscles. Upper back/biceps/triceps/pecs/abs

> he also took enough gear to have great abs no matter what
What do you mean by that?
It might be anecdotal, but plenty of people I know or read about don't train core with heavy weights at all, outside of the heavy compound lifts, and their cores look great. I think it does come down to bodyfat, and "abs are made in the kitchen".

One friend specifically is a bodyweight memer, so most of the core training he does is high rep or isometric, although I understand that the movements that they do put strain on the body similar to having heavier weight.

c-can someone post good examples of this "fridge-mode"?

i need for inspo...

If your abs aren't sore after squats and deadlifts, then you aren't doing them right. Go learn how to brace, start pulling 4pl8, and tell me your abs aren't big

Just needs some lats imo

when I think of fridge mode I think of rugby players, anyone has a pic of what im talking about? theyre big and thick(no homer) and looks, imo, way better than having a small waist with that V look, I mean rugby players still have the V but not with a small waist

I also like to call it tank mode

Isn't that just breathing in with your gut instead of chest?
I always breath in with my gut, go down and then exhale as I'm going up but dont actually feel the abs.

is bent legged easier to do than straight? I have chin up bar, but it is too low to do with straight leg

(you)

>does one sit up.jpg

holy shit this came out of nowhere, I choked on my water

bent leg is easier than straight leg for leg raises. Think about it, you're moving the legs with your core about the axis at your waist. The higher the torque from gravity, the more torque you have to supply with your core. Torque increases with the same body of mass when the mass is a greater distance from the axis.

fuckin nerd go invent a machine to lift weights for you

not true mate. people with shitty posture i.e. lordosis have weak cores
do them leg raises or plate twists every workout

Same poster here. Absolutely not. Watch some videos. True bracing is what makes belts work. It's what allows powerlifter to move 800 pounds and not snap their spines. It's also fantastic abdominal training

hgh mode

I've never done front squats: the post

DON'T DO THIS IT MAKES MUSTARD GAS!!!

I have a great exercise you should daily for visible abs.

Lay on your back, bring your elbows to your knees.Don't let your head or ass touch the floor. Move sideways from left to right moving your butt and then your torso. When you start to feel like your abs are in hell and you cant breath, just remember to try and breath as much as you can or it will get very hard to do.

Also you should do this for as long as you feel like your abs can take it.

That ways really gay user.

>trained abs
>still fat
>tfw gut protrudes a lot more since abs are bigger

My abs are noticeably bigger after an abs session