What is the best kind of routine I can do while on a significant deficit?

What is the best kind of routine I can do while on a significant deficit?

I'm so poor I can only afford one meal a day. My average intake I guess would be about 1000 calories a day being generous.

There is a new gym which has opened up for the community and is free to use so I'm going to be going in there as often as I can.

Advice?

I really do feel terrible about myself, my situation and my health. I want to do something to improve it beyond just trying to get more money for food.

Post your work schedule, whether or not you're a morning person, and I'll generate a generalized fitness schedule for you.

I'm unemployed (as in no full time job). I take literally anything I can get. Usually part time labour/gardening/bar work.

I save what I get for rent + utilities and then any extra goes for food.

I have the most energy in the evening, but I get up every morning at 8. I've made it a habit and I could make it earlier.

I appreciate whatever help you can give. My thought atm was to do some running 5 times a week and lift 3 as much as I can.

I'd also really appreciate advice on the cheapest possible sources of protein.

>wake up
>gym 30 mins to an hour
>work
>real life shit
>sleep

or

>wake up
>work
>real life shit
>gym
>sleep

cheap protein sources: canned tuna/sardines, eggs, cottage cheese, etc

rule of thumb stay hydrated, dehydration fucks you up more than you can imagine

you're gonna make it m8

The cheapest Tuna here is $16/kg, but thanks for that. I hadn't thought about doing it in the morning before but I think that could be a great way to start the day.

I definitely need to drink more water.

Should I run and lift in one go or split them into say morning+evening?

Lift first run after, or vice versa. Boils down to preference.

Alright. I'll just try each way and see how it goes. Appreciate the help

Personally I think running after lifting is better. Doesn't interfere with your performance during lifts.

Where you from, it changes some things about diet (like chicken is much cheaper in the US).
If tuna doesn't work cottage cheese, quark, or any cheap cut of meat you can find.
Bulk Peanut Butter could be good.
What could help is make everything else much cheaper so you can spend more on protein sources, like buy fuckhuge bags of rice and dry beans.

Focus on getting those calories in, I wouldn't work out too hard if you can't maintain a decent amount of calories, it can't be healthy living on what you are doing right now.

Also for the OP this is usually correct if they are within a few hours of each other, if you ran in the morning and lifted in the evening it probably wouldn't make a difference but lifting after running only a few hours before can hurt performance.

I'm just working on a spreadsheet atm. I'll post it in a few and see what you guys think. I'm just checking prices etc atm

I'm from New Zealand

Rice and beans, man.
You'll become anemic on that kind of defecit.

If you lived in san luis obispo op i couldgive you unlimited free food, whatevers not aten at the end of the day in the kitchen i work at we just toss

Are you on food stamps? Get on food stamps if you are this poor. If you can post here you can fill out an application online.

How does this look guys? Planning this out its actually not too bad cost wise. The exercise is a bit ambitious but I'd rather just give it my all and tone it down a little if need be.

Appreciate it but I'm not in the US

Oh fucked up - Chicken breast is with pasta only, not bread.

I'm a retard. I meant to have Chicken breast with pasta and broccoli

Go easy on the running and lifting. Don't push yourself too hard you poor fuck. Hope to see you with some viral sob story but mad gains in a few years.

How tall are you and how much do you Weigh?

Seriously if you're only getting 1000 calories max a day the last thing you should be doing is running. Running doesn't kill gains like all of Veeky Forums thinks but it will if you're getting that little food

Thanks man. Like I said I'd rather just drop it down as needed rather than work up to find a "limit". Running won't be too long so its not a monumental task I think.

I'm 5'9 (175cm?) and 67kg.

I used to lift+eat a lot more a couple years ago but since I lost my full time job I haven't been at all and diet has been scraps.

I'm doing it for my cardio health and to just feel better as much as actually get gains though. I'm often nauseous, can't sleep properly and just plain tired. I want to improve that.

That sounds like an issue with your diet. If you're going to exercise 5 days a week you need to be eating 2k calories minimum a day assuming you have a penis.

Haven't calculated it yet but it will be much better with this I think

Its definitely an issue with my diet, but also how sedentary I've been. When I don't have any work I'm just sitting around for 12 hours a day. I see my gf after work but I don't have any friends etc so I don't go out. I don't have the money for hobbies

If you have a computer and Internet you don't need money for hobbies. Tons to do for free.

I meant hobbies that would involve me being active and on my feet

I'm 280lbs and my job is literally sitting for 8 hours then going home and doing the same for another 8.
I've never felt like shit or get sick. I'm still getting in shape now, but look at your diet first friendo.

Yeah, the pic will be a vast improvement over my current diet which is mostly starvation with some frozen meals/foods thrown in

Bro if you live near a source of water you need to start fishing. Srsly. Go ask /out/, they have a fishing general, and tell them you want to fish to actually get some protein and not just for sport. They'll help you. Also, get beans bro. They are dirt cheap all around the globe and god tier source of nutrients.

Sounds like a great suggestion mate, my only concern is the cost of actually getting the gear to do it. I'll definitely do that though. Oh and I'll have a browse through beans and see what kind of meals I can make with them

>my only concern is the cost of actually getting the gear to do it
That's why I'm telling you to ask my fellow outdoorsmen. I don't fish like those fuckers at the fishing generals do, but they are resourcefull and will give you dirt cheap (if not free) solutions to your problem. Tell them about your situation and they'll help you. Guys at /out/ are some of the nicest people you'll ever get to talk to on 4chinz.

The good thing about beans is that you just need to boil them (if you buy them dry and in bulk, which is cheaper). And you can add whatever veggies you happen to get your hands on. So sky is the limit when it comes to beans.

The absolute best to you man.

You can get cheap af poles at yardsales and Craigslist (or the NZ equivalent?).
You could probably make a pole yourself easily too, all you need is line and hooks.
If you don't make a thread on there in the next few days I will, /out/ and Veeky Forums are my boards.

>go to any creek or pond in nz
>look for a spot that eels will chill in (preferably a dark and quiet area)
>put fingers in water, wiggle them around
>when an eel bites your finger, curve your finger inside the eels mouth then put your other hand hand in it's gills to grip that slimy bastard
>pull that fucker out of the water and bash its fucken head in with a rock
>remember to smoke or cook it thoroughly, freshwater eel can be toxic sometimes but cooking removes this. Overcook it if you have any doubts.
And there you have it. A free eel.

Thanks lads

Much appreciated

muh nigga