ITT: We post best military commanders of their era

lmao he was garbage, only a tactician. his officers hated him since he would always do their jobs since he was shit at strategic planning and would have to make up for it tactically.

Wrong.

he wasnt even the best commander in the german army

>Get over 100,000 US Soldiers killed during Argonne and take away their BAR's to replace them with Chaucets that jam under a cool breeze
>Great

>26,277 is 100 000

>Be Burger """Höllenhunding"""
>Get fine french LMG
>is 8mm LMG
>Burger: Buuuurrrrp ... Only with Calibre .30, BITCHES ... sluuuuurp
>later: Hey, why is this piece of shit (which was designed with a completely different round in mind) jamming ?!? Fuck'n Frogs. Surrender monkeys ...

Mannheim is the only choice from his period

Virgin British vs the Chad Colonial.

Field Marshal Manekshaw
Coz not a lot of people got to create countries (or break enemy's in half)

Overrated like Patton and Mac Arthur

*only one of those that isnt overrated

MacArthur is way overrated. Fucking shithead garrison commander gets told of impending Japanese attack and just lets his shit sit and get blown up. Then he gets tens of thosuands of americans captured. to die from all manner of savagery by the japanese. Nimitz, Halsey, etc win the pacific war for him. Gets all the credit at the end and military governorship of japan.

then he shits up Korea. what should have been a crushing defeat of the north. turns into a rout and then stalemate. wants to nuke the chinese. gets fired.

patton is a little over rated. If you wanted a field commander that knew how to use armored formations to make retreating enemies suffer. he was your guy.

Washington wasn't really that great of a General, but his opponents were mediocre as well.

he kept the war effort going and got the right people in charge at the right places.

>fine french LMG
>fine
>The muddy trenches of northern France exposed a number of weaknesses in the Chauchat's design. Construction had been simplified to facilitate mass production, resulting in low quality of many metal parts. The magazines in particular were the cause of about 75% of the stoppages or cessations of fire; they were made of thin metal and open on one side, allowing for the entry of mud and dust.

Literally takes a 4 second search to prove you baguettes to be wrong.

Honestly what's the deal with Hotzendorf. He seemed to be incredibly respected by his enemies even after his great failures, but every single time he got involved in something it seemed like he was an actual retard.
I also wanna say that he was the most handsome general of WW1

good president

Will we ever have another like him? ;_;

If you're going to pick anyone from the Wehrmacht, pick Erich von Manstein you retard.

I don't know if you can count him as a general, but he held off an experienced army with only some random farmers that didn't even know how to read.

God tier taste, this guy's entire life reads like an adventure novel. He should have been a marshal over Murat.

WE

WUZ

Zivojin Misic, cuz kicking Habsburg assess feels so good.

Yeah, seriously. The magazine was fucking exposed, in that even IF the magazine was loaded, it was open so soldiers could observe how many rounds were left and ANY bit of mud could easily fuck the gun for good.

*pillages ur land, salts ur earth, rapes ur women*
Pssh, nothin' personnel, Jewish-lead bolsheviks.

To be real, this guy managed to do good with what he had.

He was pretty decent

based Armando Diaz

Macarthur for sure. Allotted few resources and made the most of them. Outstanding strategist, fully based in engineering, grounded in logistics, excellent staff selection and management, and had to fight the US Navy at every political turn.

Yeah.... sorry

A FUCKING POLACK

>Dugout Doug

You must be joking...

kill yourself

>plz let me nuke korea

Is that an ancient wojak?

Nurhaci>Ghengis. 8 Banners best system. Manchu stronk.

No. This is the future we chose.

>leave the austrains to me

Patrician taste. Really probably the most underrated commander in European histroy.

I mean, Nurhaci invaded Sinosphere when both countries were completely destabilshed by political corruption, famine and economic calamity.

I wonder what would have happened if the Japs didn’t invade.

He was the best, but had shit troops.

>do nothing but ratchet up tensions between US and Soviets geopolitically and militarily.
>expanded the nuclear program a thousand fold during your presidency
>in final speech say "military industrial complex is bad, mmkay"
>be called a wise president that foresaw the troubles America would become involved in from the groundwork you laid

He was right.