also he is cute as fuck

>tfw he has the same shoes as me

Why is he so sad?

you can see tao's tricep is torn up, must have been on that last clutch lift

hes gonna be injured for a while

That looks nasty.

fuck he really did tear it up

What went wrong?

I have zero knowledge of Olympic lifting.

Can the doctors fix a split muscle like that?

Needs to get the bar higher with the first push so he can position it.

Anyone has the video of his lifts?

Why does he has to bring his allahu snackbar shit into the olympics. These guys are worst than vegans

Yeah. He failed 210kg twice, and then went for 217 (which would break the olympic record) on his third attempt as an insane all-or-nothing play

incredibly effort, i feel bad he lost out to rostomi but silver isnt bad

>break an alltime world record for weightlifting
>become overcome with joy
>celebrate

it doesnt seem unreasonable to me

Why did he lose if both lifted 217kg?

lower total

He had one kg less on the snatch. Sad, because I personally think Tao is a better lifter overall.

the clean and jerk is only one lift. the total also includes their snatch lifts, which the iranian did better on than the chink

not sure i agree desu. rostomi has clean + jerked 220 before in a gym PR, the guys a monster, and super polite and humble as well.

i liked it when he threw his belt away and kicked it

not enough power and bad position to make triple extension.

In short it was too heavy for him to clean it.

has to go back to Cuba m8

i think its cool he feels so strongly about it

it shows passion, unlike the cuban sadsack

Why is China so anal about the memejerk?

Do them really think it could make a big advantage in the future or what?

> Rostami
> Humble

wat. Were you watching the same session as the rest of us? Dude is a cocky cunt who won't stop his "ALIIII" and "ALLAHU AKBAR" bullshit before AND after his lifts.

It's immature. The belt had nothing to do with his loss. It shows his tendency to lash out at unrelated things.

Do we have to feel bad about the Cuban? I found him kind of pathetic

>autism detected

1) from what little i understand of muslim culture, i gather that 'allah' is a very generic thing to shout. its the same as the unintelligible grunts us westeners make. iirc, the guy from qata shouted it too

2) by praying i *think* he is being humble by saying he owes his victory to allah or some shit, which seems very sportsmanlike imo

it shows how bad he felt about letting his country/trainer down imo

He should have committed Sudoku if he felt that bad about it.

I want have sex with this man.

It's an inanimate object that belongs to him what the fuck do you care how he treats it? he picked it up afterwards anyway.

someone post tian snatch save

nothing wrong with saying god is great if the person is religious. and as long as that person doesn't up afterwards.

allah means god. allahu akbar means god is the greatest or greater.

>i gather that 'allah' is a very generic thing to shou

its a fixture in shitty muslim culture to snackbar whenever they are amp'd

When did Justin Timberlake take up liftin'

how the fuck do you make it to the olymics and then fail the easiest part of your lift

>Height: 5′ 8″
>Weight: 170 lbs

wew, new goal body

could you achieve this natty?

Anyone know where I can view a recording of the weightlifting events? Nothing's on youtube yet.

>5'8
>170 lbs
>10% ish bodyfat

No. You won't be looking like him. From this WEBM sure you can look like that but you would probably be barely at 160 tops to have proper shreds at that height and good mass.

>natty
>Olympic athlete

b-but mass media told me roiders get banned and everyone else is natty

Isn't the bar supposed to stop rotating to get the down signal?

Look at how easy the weight moves. I want to be manhandled by Lu so bad.

ive got £50 on RAHIMOV Nijat getting popped for something before the end of the month

So I know the female commentator, but who is the male? He was miring the lifters pretty hard yesterday and before. Some research says it's John Harker but I can't find anything about him...

someone pls post the arm snappy pls

Why are iranians so good at oly?

Allah gives them strength

Just like you fuckwits start "USA! USA!"ing whenever you get the chance. Appreciate the dude for his lifting prowess, and respect his decision to dedicate his lift to whoever for whatever in whichever way. :^)

i've noticed this too, Iranians have been doing really well over the years compared to many other better funded countries.

if it's a chinese lifter doing it, you can bet your ass it's not natty

There is not a single developed country in the world which excels at weightlifting. Prove me wrong.

(China doesn't count)

Looking at the comp Tian is really obviously just the stronger guy, practically power cleaning and actually power jerking 217 with a messed up elbow and tricep is insane.

But Rostami is a good dude and deserved this. He's obviously very humble and this might have been his last real shot at a medal

Aryan blood

How do they use doping without getting caught?

nigga moves in harmony with physics

million dollar world class doctors and chemists produce new drugs every season that do not get caught in current testing. once they get caught, they just make new ones.

That body yes.
That strength and performance level no.

>he never saw a Christian do the cross at the start

Half of UFC does it

>power lifting
>sport

almost nobody ever USA USA USAs in real life. when they do its on very rare occasions like if your amped up watched the olympics with a bunch of people.
nobody gets a PR at the gym and jumps up and shouts UNITED STATES OF AMERICAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

by giving allah credit for his win hes pretty much doing a disservice to competition as a concept. why even bother if god is just going to ordain some dick weasel that he likes better? thats insulting to every other competitor there and sports in general.

how do we volume with this new webm format?

Not so much nowadays but Americans athletes used to thank God for fucjing everything in onterviews right after winning anything, on awfuk corny American accents. It was cringeworthy and we are all glad you stopped. But considering your constant screaming, shouting of yeah or whoo, and all that, you can't really rip on someone elses culture for saying Allah on a big lift.

to trigger all the insecure /pol/tards like you

i rip on people who give all glory to god in english as well as any language.
if hed just said allah that would be different.
i dont care what you believe, god can stick his grimy fucking fingers into all sorts of things, but if hes fucking up sports and competitions than why dont we just stop doing them because the winner did not win based on their own merit. it makes the whole thing fucking pointless. some school kid could wonder in there but be some super fucking pious nutjob and pick up those 217kg with one hand because god wanted him too

So why don't olyfags also compete in PL again?
They could literally break any and all DL and Squat records with their god tier genetics and how proficient they are at them (with better form too), and they wouldn't even need to train bench that much to outtotal PLers because their two other lifts would make more than up for it.

Are you retarded?
They most definitely could not
youtube.com/watch?v=lJ-gv2J26_A

Because powerlifting isn't a sport.
There a no standards, no technique required and most powerlifters are juiced to the max. Way more than most oly lifters at least.

with good genetics you could achieve his size but def not his strength levels

timing
substance

they use it at the right time and then stop at the right time. Plus the substance they use likely has a short halflife so it detectablillity is very slim

On contest time the're usually natty. If some guy suddenly has 10kg on his lifts you know that he hasnt cycled off on the right time

savage af

>oly lifting
>drugfree
hows your first month of lifting going?

>drugfree
Relearn the English language, then read his post again. He's delusional for thinking that Oly lifters dope less than powerlifters, but you're a dumbass for thinking that he claimed that anyone eas drugfree.

You won't generally see Oly lifters running as much as the biggest users in untested powerlifting. Those guys are right up there with pro BBers and WSM contestants for the dosages they run.

1. Most of them wouldn't do as well as you think
2. Why the fuck would they, it takes away time from training for their sport. Might as well ask why a sprinter doesn't participate in the long jump.

this desu
tryhard AF

i want that back

I don't think you understand how faith works

No point talking to an atheist fedora.

He isn't thanking him for his victory but rather for the strength he gave him to be able to win.

I hate Islam for what it does to western society and their own but still...

when will you shove your autism to your ass?

if only the christian world still had this much faith

Its mother fucking Lu Xiao Jun mother fucker

Always cool to see these guys lift insane weights (compared to your normie, white male cuck) - ton of respect for all of them

Deus vult?

I'm going to start chanting USA each time I pr from now on.

Is his body reachable with a 3 split?

>no WSM thread
I'll post it here then, World's Strongest Man started today
Disappointing start for eddie, who only took 4th in the loading race. Decent day for Brits overall with Bishop taking second in the loading race and Mark Felix winning the Hercules Hold
Hero of the day is Robert Oberst who tore a bicep during the loading race, but carried on to attempt the Hercules Hold. Dunno how well he did though

Just do snatch and clean and jerk 1xF 3 times a week and you'll get his body. Trust me, I'm an olympic lifter.

At least he didn't explode.

just traveling across the earth will fuck up your body. stress, jetlag, strange coutnry, pressure of the actual compitition. it all adds up

>by giving allah credit for his win hes pretty much doing a disservice to competition as a concept. why even bother if god is just going to ordain some dick weasel that he likes better? thats insulting to every other competitor there and sports in general.
Come on, dude. Im not even religious, but do you know how fucking stupid this sounds? Think about what the guy believes to be thanking God for the fruits of his own efforts

John Haack squatted 298 kilograms at the IPF worlds.

He competes at 83kg bodyweight.

Lu Xiajun, weightlifter for China squats 275kgs. He's 77 kilograms. He also sqats highbar

cool nice to meet u

Mark felix is still competing?