Is it Veeky Forums to believe in Jesus?

Is it Veeky Forums to believe in Jesus?
Why should I not be a godless heathen?

I want to see the light but I just cannot bring myself to believe.

Because it's not. fucking. true.

Even the historic Jesus is pretty unsupported.

If I'm wrong, may Jesus strike OP dead now.

Still there OP?

Who gives a fuck? Believe what you want and stop basing your beliefs on what people on a Thai massage parlour aggregate website tell you.

believing in Jesus won't make you any less of a fag Veeky Forumsbro. I assume thats why you are asking.

The real question is what mode was Jesus? Otter? Or skinnyfat

>I just cannot bring myself to believe
That's because you're intelligent and not a dumb, slow-witted sheep, being led around by the nose by a bunch of con artists with bibles.

belief is historically the most provocative thing you can do mentally to challenge yourself

look at this board and tell me from the catalogue, what are these people shaping themselves around? Their sexuality and need of companionship, their insecurity and need of bolstering.

Godless heathens break under those who know their path, what you should be asking is it Jesus to be Veeky Forums.

If you don't believe, you don't believe. Christianity is for believers. You can at least not be a hypocrite fake believer. Believe once it becomes blatantly obvious to the point where you cannot deny his existence.

You pretty much have to be 'mentally challenged' to fall for this 'belief' crap in 2016.

>hurr durr those people over there don't worship the Invisible Sky-God the same way our scriptures say you must, therefore He is offended and demands we cut off their heathen heads!
Yeah sure thing nice civilization you got there idiots, REAL FUCKING ADVANCED.

>OH HAI we're the INQUISITION and we're going to TORTURE THE FUCK out of you because you don't adhere to our STRICT INTERPRETATION of this really old work of fiction here
SO enlightened, MUCH intelligent..
..NOT!

>This ancient book says girl-children shouldn't go to school to learn to read, do math, or learn history, what do?
>Hey let's throw acid in their faces! That'll prove we're right!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

>circular logic
>close-mindedness
>rejecting rational thought
>rejecting evidence-based science
>superstition
>'belief' instead of 'proof'
Yeah nah you can keep that shit.
All that crap is just feeding into the genetic flaw that creates the need for it in the first place; it's literally holding back Human evolution and human social evolution. It's creating violence where there doesn't need to be violence.

>Bible says the world is going to end anyway
>FUCK THE WORLD, who gives a shit about the environment
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godfags can FUCK THE FUCK OFF.

Now, CAN WE GET BACK TO TALKING ABOUT LIFTING INSTEAD OF THIS STUPID ASS SHIT? Thanks so much.

fuck is this shit thread

fuck off idiot go back to church faggot

complete bullshit
you have obviously never studied philosophy.

>anyone who has any sort of faith is closed-minded
i R o N Y

>you have obviously never studied philosophy.
LOL I've been involved in new-age Christianity, I was a Mormon convert, and even dabbled in Gnosticism and Paganism. Guess what? It's all BULLSHIT. Humans need to work towards getting over the irrational need for these imaginary things; I know the Universe is a big and complex thing and hard to comprehend, but people have to TRY to comprehend it, without copping out and falling back on the whole 'god(s)' thing, mysticism, and superstition. WE NEED TO BE RATIONAL. That's the ONLY way we'll survive as a race.

/thread

you tell me

Dumbshit, I'm perfectly happy to be open-minded -- FOR THINGS YOU CAN TEST AND PROVE OR DISPROVE, none of this 'you must just have FAITH and BELIEVE' bullshit. LOL stop being irrational, you're hurting yourself.

Why do retards think that religion is all about "XD spaghetti munster!!" and not about the moral and philosophical codes that religions impart on their followers. Anybody who uses the argument "God/Jesus aren't real lol" is automatically a pleb and is incapable of reading anything more than Harry Potter or Stephen King and probably has homoerotic dreams about Neil deGrasse Tyson and Ricky Gervais pushing a flaming King James Bible up their splayed arsehole.

pls be pasta

yeah you sound both happy AND open-minded for sure, raging at what you don't understand is the future of humanity i guess

>moral and philosophical codes that religions impart on their followers
Why do we need RELIGION for any of that?
>hurr durr YOU MUST OBEY THESE RULES OR YOU WILL SPEND ETERNITY SUFFERING IN HELL!!!
FFS maybe if we stop treating everyone like little children they'll stop ACTING like little children has that ever occurred to you?

We can have 'moral and philosophical codes' without silly nonsense religion. It's called LAWS. Actual civilizations use them.

Oh fuck the fuck off.
>someone speaks their mind
>not the viewpoints the rest of the herd has
>HURR DURR MUST BE COPYPASTA
Shove it up your ass, faggot.

>unable to construct a moral code without a sky daddy
>the problem is other people are stupid

>raging at what you don't understand is the future of humanity
LOL clearly delusional!
>he thinks I'm raging
I'm LAUGHING at your so-called 'superiority' because it's utterly rediculous. Come back when you have more than 2 digits to your IQ, kthxbye.

Exactly this. Without some sort of mystical consequences they're told they can't escape, they think they can't enforce their arbitrary rules. Never mind that the death penalty, for rational beings that understand this life is all we get, is more than enough motivation to not commit capital crimes.

>FUCKFUCKFUCK
>FAGSHITSFUCK
>IM NOT MAD IM LAFFING SO HARD

MAN creates GOD(s) in his own image.

No Heaven, no Hell, NO FATE BUT WHAT WE MAKE.

/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread

/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread

/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread

/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread

/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread

He was a carpenter and he carried the cross by himself so I'd bet he at least had best more forearm strength

Meh, the death penalty isn't a good deterrent - because the people most likely to commit murder are those that lack in long term planning skills.

That said, there's plenty of good reasons not to kill without God Says. If you only don't do horrible things because you're scared of God punishing you, you're not actually moral in my view.

He was a carpenter and he carried the cross by himself so I'd bet he at least had beast mode forearm strength*

Come on all my Veeky Forums brothers and sisters who have FREE MINDS, say it with me:

NO HEAVEN NO HELL NO FATE BUT WHAT WE MAKE!

DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE SUM OF THE LAW.

WHAT THOU WILTS IS TO PICK UP THINGS AND PUT THEM DOWN AGAIN

Don't listen to these folks op Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. Repent of your sins and accept/comes his sacrifice of dying on the cross for you so that you could be saved and you're saved for eternity. Salvation is a free gift. Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord. Start reading the gospels. Learn. Embrace the Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Confess*

Yeah OK death penalty is not the best example, but I agree with you; people who are Good for sake of Good and not because the Invisible Sky-God will punish them otherwise, are better people overall. I can't easily count the number of totally disingenuous, hypocritical people I met in all the years I was involved in one religion or spiritual faith or other. I'm glad I grew out of all that and realized what a bunch of crap it all is and how trolled everyone involved in it still, is. What's sad are the few people who I literally watched get destroyed because of some bullshit religious leader forcing them to be someone they weren't. There was a girl I knew way back in the day who was very intelligent, bright, creative, and free-thinking -- and I watched her die inside, by degrees, because some religious leader forced her to be someone she wasn't. Enough's enough.

Yea, verily mah brotha from another motha!

>read my ancient work of fiction that features circular logic and a 'god' of blood and vengeance!
That's it, keep walking in circles mentally, that'll keep your delusions alive! Can't have you waking up now, can we?

Yea dude! You're so informed! One day you'll change your mind if it's not too late. Jesus will always be there, friend-o. I'm woke

Keep thinking God is a joke lel
Vegetal father thought he was a joke too and he killed him for his insolence

You: read: also:

you are mad, I am not
you are smarter?

If you can live a more fulfilling life and make other lives around yours more fulfilling without any form of belief, go ahead, but how can you debase others who practice fulfillment?

Some walk the path given to them by their markets, bordered by culture and temporary ideals.
Others walk a path as it is given, the one that leads them to God and to themselves simultaniously.

If I'm making a point here, it's not that either path is righter, it's that if they mean to do good things on their journey, why cross paths?
Are you angry that others feel something you don't? It's okay, a lot of people are overwhelmed by information these days.

You have angered beerus the God of destruction

>getting this butt blasted over someone else's beliefs

>but how can you debase others who practice fulfillment?
Simple: You need to be STOPPED, for the same reason we stop people who are trying to commit suicide. YOU ARE HURTING YOURSELVES, and you're also enabling people who want to control and use you. I AM A PUBLIC BENEFACTOR; I want humanity to thrive, flourish, and stop hurting itself, civilization, and this planet we're bound to BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. All this irrational nonsense needs to go away. We need to embrace REAL truth, REAL knowledge, and take responsibility for ourselves, not use excuses like 'its Gods will!'. We also need to ACCEPT that sometimes bad shit happens for totally random reasons. We need to learn to accept the fact that we don't understand everything about our Universe AND THAT IT'S OK TO NOT UNDERSTAND; you don't have to create an imaginary being to attribute it all to! Search for REAL knowledge and REAL truth instead of saying 'God did it'. Really, honestly, seriously: it's a better way to live. The Gnostics believed in seeking real truth and real knowledge -- and the early Christians KILLED THEM ALL for it because the Gnostics didn't believe in a hierarchical power structure, for fuck's sake!

Come on: Enough is enough. THERE ARE ASSHOLES RUNNING AROUND CUTTING OFF PEOPLES HEADS BECAUSE OF SO-CALLED 'GOD'. It has to stop! WE ARE DESTROYING OURSELVES OVER SHIT LIKE THIS!

Can you trip so I can filter you? Thanks

oh, alright.

What is the real truth and the real knowledge?

This has been going on since before you and I were born. I'm not sticking my neck out for ungrateful bastards. It'll be far more fun to watch them suffer as they lose everything. You thinking you can stop it is even funnier at this point.

The world simply is

Fedora tippers will tell you that religion is a sham but honestly it's just up to what does the most right in your life.

Christianity is a pretty solid fit religion because for true followers, they learn that your body is a temple, worth sculpting and shaping in its least flawed form. It also teaches that cleanliness is key to a clear and faithful mind.

Also Ned Flanders is ripped as fuck.

I follow a lot of Buddhist teachings personally, not because I'm especially religious but because what I get out of is nice for me. A clear mind and a spiritual heart help me stay together in times of duress and finding simplicity in life has led me to use lifting as a form of meditation and mindfulness.

It's easy to hate these days my friend, whether you're a believer or not I just want you to know that wanting to watch people suffer is proportional to the number of people who will suffer.

If you find the strength to forgive, you'll find it to help, and you'll reap greater fruits than those full of strife and avarice.

Oh you don't get it. I was you. I was willing to give my life for them literally and say fuck my life and my happiness I'll do it for them so they can have and good life. Now when I look at them I feel sorrow. Your beliefs are your own and I'm not here to get into a battle of egos but I loved everyone even the shitheads. Now...I feel nothing for any of them. They deserve everything coming their way. I will continue to learn and grow for myself.

Jesus loved the world and they killed him for it. I'm not jesus and I'm not dying for these sorry excuses for humans.

OP here.

I just want God to be real.

someone can write anything in a book, and the power of suggestion and self-delusion are powerful. do you have any reason to believe any of the outlandish things in any religious text?

Empirically and reasonably derive absolute morality for me then. Explain to me from a purely materialistic standpoint why it is wrong to kill people. Remember, you can't have anything that cannot be absolutely proven to exist and is not verifiable and demonstrably true here.

I had no idea fit was so full of pseudointellectual edgelords.
I knew something was wrong when that poll a while ago showed that only like a fourth of the board was even at 1/2/3/4. Godless faggots never make it.

of course god is real user
have YOU seen any ravening Warp daemons recently? i haven't

>absolute morality
doesnt exist

morality depends on what you give value. religous people give value to what the book tells them, which is stupid and ends up in stoning fags and people that wear polymer blends and believe in other religions. the bible says abortion is wrong; is that because god places value on human life? why would he place value on human life? if a pregnancy would kill the mother, is abortion the right option? many christians say no. which human life does god place more value on? why should we care when we cant know? when theres no objective reason to believe he exists

take an ethics class, this is the shit they discuss

Saying they're godless when everyone was saying God exists

Sure is summer in here

So many pseudointellectuals in this board. Does it come with the inherent narcisism of being fit? Or the fact that you has to do something about being a skeleton and resent others and thier beliefs?

God is real, it's just that the common model of a god is stupid.

Well why don't you enlighten us...oh right you're a bitch who doesn't want to have an "accident". How is it narcissistic to say I don't give a fuck what happens to you when you feel the same way about me. It sounds like nature to me.

H3s shocked you're all not like wiggers who want to engage in pop bullshit

ITT:
>i believe in God
REEEEEE
OMG UR SO STUPID
-OR-
>i don't believe in God
oh wow, why not?
hmmmmm.....

I think it's /fit neutral

Don't ignore me motherfuckers. Do you know who I am?

He's always got lean muscle in paintings etc.

right brah? heil hitler