Uhm guys I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now all my crypto in my wallets are gone. WTF do I do??

Uhm guys I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now all my crypto in my wallets are gone. WTF do I do??

kys

you use the private key that you previously wrote down.
Y-you did write it r-right?
OP?

if you just upgraded from lets say win 7 or 8 there should be theold version still on your pc

there should be an downgrade option in your windows just google it you will find something

O-of course.

Thats the thing that is making me worry. I deleted the Windows.old from my ssd....

All my wallets are on my HDD tho so I dont understand why my crypto isnt showing up..

well no way to downgrade then. didnt you write your private key down?

Hahahahaha Nother one bites the dust!

what wallets are you using?

Ofc I have all my private keys. But when I log into my wallet my balance is 0.

IOTA light wallet and Neon wallet.
(havent touched crypto in months)

If you wrote down your keys like a good boy, then just download the wallet again and use the "import" or "recover" feature of the wallet.

Whats tripping me up is when I log into the wallets, there is 0 transaction history or anything.

Why are you fags not making backups???
I have my json files, encrypted private keys/seeds, etc. all on several backup drives. There's no excuse if you have over six figures in crypto.

What wallet? You already imported your key? You may have to wait for all the blockchains to sync again.

>not keeping all you coins on exchanges

L O L

you just need to point executable of wallet to folder of wallet

create link to exe of wallet. and add
-datadir=[path to wallet location]
must work.

i hope it will save you from kysing yourself

Ill try generating more addresses for now. If it doesnt work ill try what you suggested.

why creating new addresses when you can just use old folder without even most of syncing ?

anyway user next time create copies and make sure you know what wallet goes for what coin.
and store them somewhere safe.
dodged a bullet this time.

don't forget about encryption keys....too
if you encrypted and don't know they key.... its RIP

All my shit is encrypted thats not the problem. Everything should be working but that doesnt change the fact that all my crypto just mysteriously dissapeared.

It was stolen by the Nasty W10 virus

Anyway generating new addresses on the iota wallet worked. But my neo is still gone.

check transactions....from your wallets on block explorers.

with IOTA you have to reattach all the recieving addresses you used to the tangle

maybe its not fully synched ?
maybe datadir trick is not working..... just try to google importing wallet guides.

learn how to use a computer

Got my neo back now aswell. Ty for the help user.

Except this was not even a computer problem lmao.

glad you got it back bro

good luck and please next time make sure that you have backups.

hardware is not immortal + bitcoin rocket was pushed by viruses that encrypt everything and have no decryption methods.

thanks for reminding me to create a backup of my private key :)
hadn't considered that my windows machine could break down at any moment

You guys fundamentally misunderstand crypto. Your funds are on the blockchain, you have access to that part of the blockchain, so long as you have your private key.

Oh. You didn't store your Private Key in a sturdy AES-256 encrypted zip? Oh, wait.. you didn't just memorise the 12 word mnemonic seed? Welp, looks like you fucked up, and trusted hard drives with your funds, and misunderstood blockchain tech. Good fucking job.

better safe than sorry.
hdd's die for no reason. at least two of my died.

If you had metaverse, this shit would have not happened... Next time, buy metaverse!

Is Sam Hyde dead yet? Last time I saw him it looked like he had more of a deathwish than usual.

>Is Sam Hyde dead yet?
Didn't you hear? He killed himself after opening fire on a crowd in Vegas.

Except you didnt read what I said in the thread. I have my private keys password encrypted on my desktop for fast access. I also have them on a piece of paper along with backups. The problem was that the wallets didnt show my balance.

i thought he keeps geeting away with it

I've never lost a wallet before but I wanna ask just in case. If I want to backup a wallet, is it better to write down the private keys only and ignore the address of that private key? I do not approve of exporting wallet.dat since it is easily recoverable.

key is enought for most coins i think...

but some coins like byteballs are very complicated... have no idea how to make backup to save "Blackbytes" too for example.

I don't own byteball but thank you.

you can always check from virtual machine.
will it work or not.