I want to be confident in my ability to beat up and/or knockout the average male...

I want to be confident in my ability to beat up and/or knockout the average male, what fighting discipline is the best to start?

Mma

Alternatively, carry a brick.

or pocket sand

Kickboxing is best.

Muay thai is good but overrated.

Sport karate is hit or miss

Tkd is a joke
Kung fu is a bigger joke (yes, even meme chun)

For grappling, wrestling and bjj is king

Judo is overrated

Aikido is the memiest joke
Most other grappling is mediocre, but effective (incl. jew dough)

Grappling is so easy to spar, it is not hard to find decent techniques outside of aikido

Dont fall for the a/sp/ie meme that grappling dont real and you can fight 20 people if you only do striking

insecure martial art fags are the worst

It amazes me so much of Veeky Forums hasn't realized that fighting is for children and niggers.

>grappling

LMFAO!!!

carry a gun or pepper spray if you are that scared

brazilian jiu jitsu will enable you to beat anyone who doesn't know brazilian jiu jitsu

bjj and muay thai should cover most of your bases

if you just want to learn how to punch someone out from a standing position then go with boxing

Not a fighting fag, but I do not see anything wrong with it.

sic vis pacem para bellum

whatever is the closest to you. go for a few weeks and learn how to punch properly. learn how to take a punch and spar a some.
done. now you are better than most of the people who would actually try to fight you.

>bjj and muay thai should cover most of your bases
This
Could substitute with kickboxing and SW but otherwise it holds true

Also how well you preform REALLY depends on your trainer/group
Some teach an aggressive style and to just push through, others are more tactical and focus on analysis and skill
Learn what works for you personally and play to your strenghts

Take up boxing. I've taken many styles of fighting but boxing is all I've ever needed.

Here's a post I made in another thread a while ago

>learning martial arts for self defense

Nothing beats a well placed pipe bomb, user.

Seriously though, getting good enough at a martial art to be competent in a street fight is not worth the effort. You're better off with just keeping a weapon or pepper spray on you. Learn to fight for the athleticism and the discipline, not for some bullshit, ego-fueled desire to win bar brawls.

Most martial arts don't prep you for multiple or armed attackers. Martial arts is a sport, don't get it confused with street fighting. Of course knowing how to fight is an advantage, but using tools that are designed for self defense is far more efficient. It's 20 bucks for a can of pepper spray, and that will stop an attacker just as well as a hook or a kick to the liver. Don't dedicate time and money into martial arts if all you want is protection, see it more as an added benefit for participating in an enjoyable and active hobby.

If you really want to have a 'practical' knowledge of martial arts, you generally have to crosstrain anyway. Old /asp/ would be good place to go to if you want to discuss that shit, but that place is full of pro-wrestling nerds now. However, the usual non-bullshit styles are generally boxing, muay thai and kickboxing, with judo, bjj and wrestling for grappling (sambo if you can find a good gym). Don't fall for shitty clubs and retarded ancient asian styles.

boxing

pipebomb

>ctrl+f
>No Krav Maga

What's wrong with you people

tits or gtfo

Krav Maga is a meme MA.

Do you not understand the concept of being attacked on the street?

you can't always choose to not be attacked. especially if you're Veeky Forums..... we all know none of us fucks do cardio - we can't exactly run away

I feel like people who recommend this don't actually do it, but think it's somehow effective...

you can't ballshot and eye gouge your way out of every confrontation

obviously boxing/kickboxing tardo

no because i dont live in germany/sweden/france/uk

it's "si vis pacem para bellum" you fucking faggot. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you listed some mooslim terrorist shit.

im talking about niggers that get uppity on the street when it gets warm outside

you think so? it doesnt seem very likely to get attacked by a person whos already missing both eyes and both balls. and if they are, they probably wont be too hard to avoid

If a martial art is nullified by a woman wearing glasses

it's probably a shit martial art

>krav maga, grappling, wrestling
Top mlem

Streetfights are done in few punches, you're not going to wrestle with idiots for half an hour, or get to apply some supercool move you saw in wwe
2-3 punches to the head and your oponnent (or you) gets ko'd
My advice is boxing (or carrying gun/knife)

Also
>fighting
I too remember my edgy highschool days op

Underrated post

I have both done it and instructed KM and recommend it to people wanting practical self defence based on real situations.
As for the ball shots. They go a long fucking way and are an amazing equaliser if you're outnumbered or outsized. Even if it doesn't drop the person it buys you time to follow it up with your counter attack or get the fuck out of there.
Too many people on here bag it without ever trying it. I can't defend it against 12 autists all sperging out about it so I rarely ever comment on these threads.

>I am top level krav maga master
>I hide my powerlevel

>Shh nothing personnell, kid

Krav Maga doesn't advocate wrestling or going to the ground. It also doesn't feature in wwe.
Swing and a miss there bro.

Found the first sperging autist.
That's your childish response to a serious reply? Your obv well informed

If you are only going to do ONE martial art, do BJJ

If you are going to be smart and get the whole fighting package do bjj, judo, wrestling, muy thai, and boxing.

why wouldn't you invest your time in boxing or muay thai?

Honestly. You've probably wasted years doing something that - if not wholly ineffective - is far less superior that boxing or a kickboxing form

Boxing and kickboxing spar against fully resisting opponents where you can actually see if what you're doing would actually work in a real fight

You can do your 50 combo 5 opponent drills in krav all day long - but you MUST know in the back of your head it won't work.

I will give Krav one compliment which is that it teaches aggressiveness. aside from that - why the fuck?

Other martial arts have proven their effectiveness in real fights - there are countless vids on youtube of boxing kickboxing bjj, wrestling, even judo beating up real opponents in real fights on the street

>Streetfights are done in few punches

People who have never fought and don't know what they are talking about should not respond.

Yeah, but it's one of the few martial arts that don't have rules. It's why there aren't any Krav Maga competitions, because then there would be rules, and then it'd be less use in an actual fight.

Even MMA, do you know how often the groin is left unprotected, because groin shots are illegal in MMA? In an actual fight, if you left that shit open, you can bet your ass I'm gonna go for it, cause it will hurt like fucking hell.

Worldstar fuccboi style. Just hit some one before they're ready. Shits not hard.

boxing and striking arts are inferior to grappling arts.

I weigh 160 lbs, have grappled in BJJ for one year 5 years ago, I can say without ego and total confidence that I could beat you in a fight if all you know is a striking martial art.

I can never tell if krav posters are serious or if they are just trolling

>grapple with nignog
>his buddies come around and stomp your head
>left with a concussion and brain damage

OR

>strike nignog
>retreat to safe distance
>notice his buddies are acting up
>either run, or strike a few more times and then get away
>leave with minor to no injuries

Oh sorry, I didn't fully read your post, I thought you were saying boxing was superior to grappling.

I can never tell if people who mock krav maga are serious or if they are trolling

I took up Krav on the advice of an MMA friend many years ago when I said I wanted something that wasn't rule bound and combined weapons/multiple attackers. He recommended it. I don't think its a waste of time at all. And I know for a fact it's very effective. As for comparing it to the others you mentioned. Of course I can't out box a boxer or out grapple a grappler etc bc they train specifically for just that. What I CAN do it brings things to the table that a boxer,wrestler,MT fighter has never encountered in their systems bc it's simply not allowed. I'm also comfortable working against multiple attackers bc we train that constantly. How many boxers in this thread have had 3 opponents come at them at once? The answer is 0 BC that's not boxing.
The 50 hit combo bullshit is just that. You obv have no idea about the training since the WHOLE idea of KM is to do as much damage in the quickest possible time.
There is more to say but I'm not sure you really care.

Why do you guys always bring up rules?

Do you really think someone that does muay thai can't kick you in the balls better than you can kick them in the balls? they probably would be way more accurate

Do you really think ball shots are that debilitating? With the adrenaline pumping I'd assure you 99% of guys would push through the pain and kick your ass. in mma fights people over react to ball shots to take a rest period. please show me a street fight with 2 guys where one gets hit in the balls and can no longer fight and gets his ass beat (a real fight, not two friends goofing around)

and how accurate do you think eye pokes are? It's like 1000 times easier to punch someone in the face than poke their eye.. it's a super small target. why would you practice something that's so unlikely to occur?

In a no rules fight to the death - someone that has done kickboxing and wrestling would kill any krav guy EASILY.

While they're going for super unlikely eyepokes they'll be taking kicks to the head and getting their limbs snapped on the ground after they're knocked out

The problem with striking is that there is no control.

Regardless of how skilled and experienced you are you do not control your opponents body and their is opportunity for them to attack you back.

It's not as simple as
>strike opponent

A skilled grappler has total and constant control of the situation in which he is fighting.

More than likely, the grappler would have mounted the opponent and would be striking them from mount and if his friends came along he would be a total liberty to stand and retreat.

im a blue in bjj and i also do muay thai and boxing but because people seem to always hate on bjj i focused my argument more on striking

>Do you really think someone that does muay thai can't kick you in the balls better than you can kick them in the balls?

No they can't because it's against the rules.

Only krav maga has been blessed by the almighty master of rules that we do not have to follow the rules.

Our ability to not follow rules have made us masters of combat.

The fact that we do not actively spar or preform stress testing doesn't mean anything, you hear me? ANYTHING

you really think you could take 3 opponents at once with your krav? Honestly? How fucking accurate are your eye pokes dude?

>im a blue in bjj

Then I probably wouldn't win.

Why do you think KM is only ball shots and eye gouges? You're completely ignorant to a system your bagging man.
If you like MT so much stick to it but why open your mouth to discuss a topic you have NO IDEA about. It's weird.

>No they can't because it's against the rules.

that really made me worry until i read the rest. hahah they actually believe that shit!

> Hummus ----> Krav Maga
Made me laugh.
Krav Maga isn't really a martial art, much like protein powder isn't really food; it's a tool meant to break your natural fear and hesitation during a confrontation and to make you more willing to react and eliminate a threat. In that regard, it's very effective, but it's not really something you can come out of showing flashy moves or medals.

Also OP, it's not about who's stronger, but who threw the first punch. Learn how to sucker punch and you're done.

What school/system have you been to that doesn't spar and stress test? I'm the KM instructor from above and I read this once a thread at least. I know your entire post is sarcasm but my question stands, where have you heard that KM doesn't spar or stress test? In the US there are some really shitty off shoots but I can say the 2 I have been involved in spar and stress test constantly. I wouldn't do it otherwise

because that's a main thing that differentiates it from boxing and kickboxing.

KM has strikes but i'm focusing on the major differences. their whole idea that there are no rules and that somehow would allow them to beat 3 people at once

Eye pokes =/= eye gouging. As in grabbing their face and thumbing the eye. If you had me locked in a ground guard, you'd be defending your face, while getting ready to go for a joint lock or a chokehold, as is trained in MMA, but I'd attack the groin, causing you to push me away, allowing me to escape the ground, so I'm not liable to be attacked by anyone else while I'm locked down.

Since they don't train to attack those parts, they won't instinctively attack those parts. Training to fight works by repeating a move so often, that you are able to do it without thinking in the actual situation.

Krav Maga isn't for being able to beat massive groups of people, it's designed to win fights as effectively as possible. You're more likely to defeat 3 people in a fight if you can defeat or incapacitate each person faster. Do you think that you can chokehold your way out of a fight with 3 people?

I took karv maga for a year and we never once sparred.

All we did was practice the "muy thai" clinch (as they called it) and skip kneed in the gut all day. occasionally we would do these horrible excuses for throws which we never practiced in sparring. Other times we would punch heavy bags with literally no technique.

I knew after 4 months there that in spite of all my training, I had no idea how to fight.

there is a lot more to it then that lmao
what you are thinking of are those little 5 minute speeches where they teach girls how to not get raped on the walk to their car

Shitty instructor =/= shitty martial art

>Do you think that you can chokehold your way out of a fight with 3 people?

Actually yes I think I can. I used to clean house with the neighborhood kids even the I was the youngest and the smallest, all because I had taught myself the guillotine choke even though I didn't know what it was.

>it's designed to win fights as effectively as possible.

That sounds good, but what does that really mean? it's honestly too philosophical for me to interpret.

That is not the main thing at all man. What are knives/sticks/hand guns/long weapons/improvised weapons/multiple attrackers/de escalation/use of common objects as defence/attack/verbal cues/attacker mentality/moving through crowds to escape/go towards a threat/defending a third party. THey are an example of the main differences. There is more but I think you get my point.

Well I would be delighted if you could provide me with an example of "Real" krav maga as opposed to the mcDojo crap I was introduced to.

>Chokehold one person
>Other two beat the shit out of you while you're choking the one

> If you had me locked in a ground guard, you'd be defending your face, while getting ready to go for a joint lock or a chokehold, as is trained in MMA, but I'd attack the groin, causing you to push me away, allowing me to escape the ground

Okay, please listen to me, im a blue belt in bjj and i'm trying to help you

i wouldn't be in guard going for a submission. i'd be on top at all costs.

BUT lets just pretend for whatever reason i was on bottom with you in guard. - i would never try to submit you from there, i would sweep you quite easily (assuming you've never done bjj for any length of time) and get in mount and punch you until i got tired.

secondly you couldn't attack the groin when im on bottom and you're in guard, it's literally in a position held so tight to you( so hot) that you would have to pry in between your abs and my body to get to it, guard isn't a loose position. everything would be very tight and close. if you just punched down you would hit my pubic area. you'd be far better off punching at my face.

third, if for whatever reason i did want to submit from the bottom ( which is a bad idea on the street) you would have made it 100 times easier by going for my groin - dropping your hands - leaving your head / neck open to me.

lastly i'll add that in bjj we actively practice standing up from the bottom of guard. in a street fight (at least in my gym) it's not recommended that you ever be on the bottom in a street fight ever.

I'd want to get off the ground as badly as you would

No, i don't think I could beat 3 people at all.

and I know you couldn't either.

the gracies actually did a video on "how to beat multiple opponents)

the video was about how you can't defeat multiple people with bjj

maybe with striking - but you'd have to be literally world class.

That sounds cool, but the reality is that most militaries, when it comes to hand to hand combat, are utter and complete shit. No authority in the military even takes the idea of gun disarming seriously and they don't invest at all into investigating effective techniques and developing a functional martial art. Most hand to hand combat systems developed by militaries are after thoughts and not even developed.

The strong militaries who take all aspects of combat seriously contract their hand to hand combat training out to third parties like the Gracie family and other grapply/striking/mma instructors.

well, we were kids so a choke hold did a lot more damage than our fists.

5 second guillotine would disable the first, then the next, and so one, and they all hit like children because we were so I didn't care if they hit me.

As soon as you attacked his groin you would be caught in a triangle choke and passed out before you even knew what happened.

I'm not saying that for effect either, you would literally be unconscious before you knew what technique he was using on you.

thank you,

that's why i added this line

>third, if for whatever reason i did want to submit from the bottom ( which is a bad idea on the street) you would have made it 100 times easier by going for my groin - dropping your hands - leaving your head / neck open to me.

This is a street fight thread. Not a military hand to hand thread. The person who pulls a gun/knfe is gonna be some smacked out junkie who wants $10 Or someone literally trying to kill you. It'd be nice to at least have an option other than get stabbed or shot.

both hands in or both hand out.

I'm a fan of the double hook under pass, but I have to be really quick and synchronize my hands so I don't get one caught in the guard.

Ikmf or KMG

Who's the one caught there? Because the guy tith his arms under the legs could just grab one of the other guys fingers and snap it.

I'm not very well trained in the proper schools of martial arts, I only have a year of BJJ, But I have a little experience with weapon fighting, with the exception of knives.

I've been attacked with 2x4s and hammers, and each and every time I have taken their weapon away from them, much to their horror.

I would never fight someone with a knife and expect not to get cut.

But from my experience, most people who pull weapons... what's going in their mind is "holy shit, I'm attacking someone with a weapon, I can't believe this is happening".

You just have to be more audacious than them. Take charge and control of the situation.

The guy who was attacking me with the hammer, hit me in the head from behind, I turned around, and when he swung again I grabbed it by the handle and took it from him. He was so surprised he stumbled back on his feet.

People who are crazy enough to pull weapons, are counting on their recklessness to pull them through in the fight, most of the time they have no real control of the situation or the weapon.

A knife is no different from an short iron bar if they can't hit you with it.

jesus christ.

if that's a serious question you should avoid bjj and wrestler guys like the fucking plague. you'd be put to sleep in 10 seconds flat

the guy on his knees is in the process of passing the other guys's legs to one side, or flip him over, so he can gain a more dominant top position over him.

no one is caught here, its a transition phase

Knives are so quick I always assume I'm going to get nicked.

Neither are legal here. Not everyone lives in America.

also he can just stand up and walk away from here. the guy on his knees is choosing to engage in ground grappling at this point.

Thing about knife fighting is even if I close the distance and get a hold of his knife hand, if he wrestles that hand away for just a second, I'm going to get stabbed in the gut at least ten times and die, depending how hardcore my opponent it.

Now, are there truly effective ways to engage in knife combat? Maybe, but I haven't researched it at all, so I know that if someone pulled a knife on me, I would be looking to retreat, rather than fight.

In all fights, your first aim should always be to leave the fight as quickly as possible. You should only fight if there is no other choice, if your goal is self preservation. The only reason to fight if you can get away, is if you choose to.

The trick is to counter attack asap. Once you gain control (if that's what your plan is) strike/kick simultaneously to soften them up. They won't wrestle nearly as hard wth a fist smashing into their face and their balls back inside them.

As a judoka I can tell you that judo is not the flipy shit from movies and ronda vs girl from kickboxing class.
It is a sport that has practical elements when it comes to fighting.
If you want to fight train a art that has been adjusted for mma e.g. bjj(some) wresting.
For striking boxing ,my or KB is good as long as it involves heavy sparing.
Same with any other

Fuck no.

Boxing

Dealing with multiple attackers is a meme unless your Steven segal
Are you hit with force, if not you'll need to be.
>inb4 2 deadly
Remove your fedora and katana blade

Boxing > all

opinion might be a bit biased but it's what seems to work best in the real world aka streets.
no way you'll be throwing kicks(unless low kick but even then its dangerous) or grappling or whatever
I've also seen the muay thai guys that try out boxing with us that have a really shitty guard against someone that boxes

>Best self defence art argument
>no one brings up staying home and shit posting
>inb4 what if you get in my face
>Has anyone got stabbed on Veeky Forums?

Yeah and I've seen boxers who dont know what to do when someone kicks.

If you wish to be good at fighting you need to train multiple disciplines

Bullshit.

Punching someone is significantly easier to pull off than grappling someone to the ground.

Brazillian jiu-jitsu is such a specialist martial art you may as well have suggested 'freestyle wrestling'. Sure, it's useful, but only once they're on the ground, or if the fight starts with you right in their face.

Kicking is a meme outside of competition.

Grappling is good but only in one on one fair street fights, which idk about you guys, but for me I haven't seen one of those since the days at the school yard. Street fighting is a nasty business. Boxing is the most practical combat sport that would help you in the street.

But in reality, the best is a CCW.

T. Floridian.

>Yeah and I've seen boxers who dont know what to do when someone kicks.
>Yeah I've seen morons.

You grab their legs.

Do you wanna know why you rarely see kicking in MMA and street fighting? Kicks are opportunistic, and you rarely have the opportunity.

>j-just grab the kick
Why didnt anyone think of that in MMA or thaiboxing?

shit son, you might actually be retarded.

boxing is a part of mma, how can boxing be ok and mma not?

gotta have dat dere fast footwork

kicking is too dangerous in real life, you can slip or get grabbed, even worse if it's against more than one person
with box you just do the pivots and distribute punches to everyone

I want to learn muay thai one day though, and yeah a boxer would have problems with kicks, my master taught me how to fuck them up but I forgot, have been on a 2 month vacation without boxing.

Because that's the elite %1 of fighting sports

The other 99% basement dwelling NEETs that frequent gyms will get rekt.

Seriously, boxing is the only real answer especially considering the actual question. The best way for a beginner to beat someone up.

If we're talking strictly self-defense I'd say do a 12 week security course, that way you're more employable and learn a myriad of methods for apprehending someone with minimal risk of injury or fatality.

But if you want to be confident in your ability to king hit someone or simply beat them in a fight? Boxing.

I'm not saying other martial arts aren't good, but they generally involve knowing how to punch.

Look, boxing is a spectacle, it's not an effective way to fight someone who doesnt limit himself to just boxing.

Your footwork would get your legs killed