What's the difference between running shoes and tennis shoes?

What's the difference between running shoes and tennis shoes?

Is it true that $30 running shoes are just as good as $300 running shoes?

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/361-Men-s-Spring-Hollow-Damping-Outdoor-Running-Sneakers-Soft-Comfortable-Hard-Wearing-Walking-Sports-Shoes/32571236184.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No they're not. At least in my case. I had a $40 pair of Nike running shoes and my knees were killing me after I run, especially my left one since my left foot is flat. I bought a pair of $140 acis and my life has changed

Depends where you run, your form, etc. Bunch of factors, but yes $300 shoes mean nothing and you'll still fuck your joints if you are shit at running

Yah, Asics are the beat for running. But they are no thrills type of shoe. Hasn't changed a bit in decades. Nikes are the worst for me, sure to give me blisters.

$30 is shit tier. 70 and up is all preference.

I never buy anything over $125+ for a running shoe. Something i'm going to wear all the time and probably get beat up should NOT be expensive. What you should just be concerned about how the shoe fits to your foot and the comfort. Avoid those over technological shoes with blah blah inserts or zooms.

You haven't tried Chinese running shoes yet. Same performance as Ascics/Brooks for almost cost price.

i hate the new air, gel, and foam craze. These shoes cost so much and they wear out so fast. The foam in particular got me hurt twice because once worn out theres NO grip at all. I just wanna find a way to sue nike for this shit.

Just buy nike shox with the rubber/plastic hybrid bottom. Theyre usually cheap af and theyre gonna last at least a year.

Been wearing a light pair of brooks for about 5 years. I know I should get new ones probably, but I really don't see a reason to

can you link me a decent pair?

Brand?

Nigga he just said it Chinese running shoes

A $40 pair of asics running shoes is generally better than those Nike shoes. Nike is more focused on looks/aesthetics than actual protection for your feet, which asics focuses on.

protection for your knees*

This brand sells a few models in America too. Check reviews for their running shoes on running blogs aliexpress.com/item/361-Men-s-Spring-Hollow-Damping-Outdoor-Running-Sneakers-Soft-Comfortable-Hard-Wearing-Walking-Sports-Shoes/32571236184.html

There are speed shoes and there are stability running shoes. Determined based on the shape of your ankle and foot.

So just get both and Aisics
or some minimalist footwear if you want to run on the front of your feet and tear your plantar fascia or achilis tendon. I'd aim for some foot wear that's 70-$120. Anything between these prices is entirely preference based. However the price should determine how long the footwear lasts. 250 miles for $70 or 500 miles for $120

You can get them cheaper on sales

Same with Adidas. Their actual sports shoes look like dick but they advertise tubulars and shit as running shoes

/fiti/ knows shit all about running shoes. everyone here runs in gigantic heel strike shitboxes with 3 inches of cushion and a 2 inch drop

pic related are goat and will actually force you to run correctly

>He fell for the pose meme

Nike makes shit running shoes though

>difference between running shoes and tennis shoes?
>Is it true that $30 running shoes are just as good as $300 running shoes?

Running shoes are meant for running. The upper is minimal, and it is meant to support your foot through linear motion (not side to side). The EVA sole, the blown rubber outsole, the upper fit, the compression rate of the materials, and any supportive features are meant to allow a safe running gait.

Tennis shoes (for tennis) support the foot laterally, and are less compressible. They are meant for court sports.

Could either work for either? To a small degree, yes. But it is assumed that you would do a large amount of either activity in the appropriate shoe.

More expensive running shoes are often using higher quality materials (last longer, feel better), and have more features (reflective, better feeling upper fit, more panels, more cushioning tech, etc.

That being said, MOST good technical running shoes shouldn't cost you $120 new. If they do, you're paying for a lot of tech/features that aren't contributing much to the running experience.

>TL:DR
Buy the right shoe, and the least amount of that shoe that your body needs. Get fitted at your local running store.