Why don't you faggots row for cardio...

Why don't you faggots row for cardio? It's a full-body workout unlike running and rowers consistently hold the record for Vo2 max across all sports.

What, are you too poor to own a cool rowboat and a Concept2 in your home?

yea p much

>wasting money on gadgets so you can do cardio

Pushing a sled and riding a bike transfer better to my recreational activities of choice.

>rowing is pretty great too though

>full body workout
it doesn't really engage chest and shoulders and is pretty easygoing for legs.
that being said I've started rowing recently and I like it much more than any other cardio

Unless you're already doing burpees for 30 minutes a day you aren't getting the full-body cardio experience without this shit. Plus, rowing can be a social "sport" and long oars get the bitches wet

Because I rowed in hs and uni. It's the most autistic and soul draining sport I know of and I cannot stomach another kilo on a fucking erg? I'd rather shoot myself than hop back on my concept2

you can easily get full body workout + cardio by doing a crossfit style full body relatively light resistance workout including multiple exercises

Why'd you do it? Scholarships or parental pressure or something?

Like this?

>pretty easygoing for legs
You are doing it wrong. 80% of power, the whole drive, is all legs.

you're trying to be funny but yes

doing pullups like that is way better cardio than doing however many you can with strict form

still ez

>easygoing for legs
fix your form, friend

I don't row because House of Cards is a shitty show and the main character rows so I associate using a rowing machine with being a limp-dick faggot.

Not him, but I rowed I'm Uni. I walked onto the team my sophomore year because I knew rowers were all jacked and thought it would be a good way to get a 6 pack. It definitely got me shredded, and I kept it up for 2 years.

Unfortunately it really does consume your life. I woke up at 5:10am for 5 days a week. Races were a few weekends a semester and meant skipping out on enjoying your Friday/Saturday nights. It fucking snaps your mind and makes you miserable. Only reason I kept it up was that it was getting me more pussy than before. Eventually I had enough and have no regrets leaving the team.

It sounds like you watched a lot of that shitty show you mong fuck

>Full body workout
>Literally sitting down

Also the point of cardio is to work out your heart, who gives a fuck what else it works out

Ayy lmao used to row at uni and can confirm that ergos are the shit. Try doing an hour rate 18/20, a max 2k and a max 5k. Ergos will sort your cardio out in amazing ways.

>Also the point of cardio is to work out your heart, who gives a fuck what else it works out
t. time waster

>What, are you too poor to own a cool rowboat and a Concept2 in your home?

Literally the only reason.

I get enough cardio working construction every day

>he thinks working construction is cardio
Enjoy inhaling cigarettes all day

Can confirm to much o an aspie to figure out till now

>consumes your Friday/Saturday nights
>getting me more pussy than before

I don't see the problem here senpai

I would but I don't know how the machine works and I don't want to embarrass myself. I'm also too lazy to look it up.

Life enjoyment just goes down. Waking up that early meant I either lived on 5 hours of sleep or went to bed at 9:30/10. I still enjoy going out and partying, and it sucked missing out on it. For example, I missed Halloween weekend last year.

I get laid more now then I did 2 years ago, but I think I could have made the same progress by myself without waking up at 5 every day.

Honestly, it's hard to fuck sluts when you want/need to go to bed at 10pm every night because they always make you want until after 1-2am. Or maybe that's just me.

My gym for whatever fucking reason doesn't have a row machine.

Have 3 squat racks though

Row machine bores the hell out of me. I'd rather go out and run outside.

Rower here: because being on an erg is the most boring fucking thing I can imagine doing at any given time.

Unless I'm rowing on those with some buddies from the team, fuck that thing.

why dont u just watch some cool animes while you row

THE ROWING MACHINE SIGNIFIES THE WHOLE SHOW FFS user YOU KNOW NOTHING

Still boring as fuck. If I'm going to be moving that much, I want to at least be physically going somewhere.

do you think the cardio bunnies had it right all along? cardio while gossiping about heather to make it interesting?

It can be fun, but I'd rather do a run then do some sprints by myself.

I guess I'll tale the faggot plunge and look like an utter retard pissing around on that machine that looks like it's for autist grannies when I get bigger. I'm not doing it in dyel mode.
It better be better for cardio than normal ass boxing roadwork motherfucker

I enjoy being on crew because its where most of my friends are. It makes a hell of a difference when you are making the rowing commitment with people you like to be with. Thats just my opinion though.

Also a former rower
This user gets it

>tfw ergos trigger vietnam flashbacks and I gotta swim instead

What's your split and can you 1km under 5 min?

nope, 6:58.8 for the 2k, best C.V. exercise you can perform indoors and you aren't even close to that time, faggot.

So your split is around 1:15, just fuck off, tyrone. Quit shilling.

Nice math.
It's more like 1:45ish.

>rowing
>not in an oxbridge team
literally why?

this guy knows his /500 m average

Because eights is mighty gay

Almost as gay as street signs

yeah, rowers are all gay, but at least if youre oxbridge that makes up for it

>rowers consistently hold the record for Vo2 max across all sports.
Does that mean that if i do rowing sprints, my body will make lots of mitochondria and my rest metabolism will get higher and i will be abled to eat more foods?

try rowing 2k in under seven minutes, then when your fat ass is handed to you on a plate by the erg you'll earn your faggot hat that you'll wear forever afterwards

This is the question we all want to know

>1k under 5min
>2.30/500m
Are you a lightweight girl?

I want to improve my 2k
>tfw 6.30 is forever out of reach

Fuck you guys, I am gonna try this shit out. I have occasionally drop the split time below 2:00 but it was not on a competitive manner, was just for warming up before lifting. Had already a cardio workout this week, so I will try this shit next week.

>pls guys, don't do exercises I hate. Pls stop enjoying yourselves.

>kipping pullups are a fullbody cardio exercise

I swear to god I dont know where you crossfitfags draw the line between seriousness and straight up wild bullshit.

Well.., he is right about the fact that kipping pullups are a better form of cardio than pullups with strict form.. The question is why the fuck you would want to do pullup cardio in the first place.

>way better cardio
>"Guys, annihilating your rotator cuffs is GRRRRRRRRRREAT for cardio! I mean it's not like you can just run in one direction and back for quick cardio or anything...

Ex state champ rower here.
Stopped rowing after High school and shit cause couldn't find the time between uni and not giving a shit about waking up at 4am. Ergos are fucking boring your staring at a screen looking at numbers and you see yourself getting physically weaker cause the numbers show it.

Anybody aiming for under 7 mins for 2km gotta hit 1.45/500m cause you know its simple math. Use your legs to the best of your ability as you should ask yourself the question "what are stronger my arms or my legs?" and usually any spastic can answer that.

Next step actually do 2km on an ergs so you can know where you sit in the scale of life.

next step get a program. No im not going to give you one as your fat ass should be motivated enough to get one more then that doughnut thats next to you.

Next. Train your fat ass.

Try 2km again. By this stage you should be doing some sort of proper technique and not yanking on the cord like your dick. Like a spastic but fluently and making the most of each stroke.

All in all if you actually put the effort in you can make it.

P.S. if your on a Concept 2 or one of those air forced fuckers put it around the resistence mark at 4-5 cause that is supposibily the same as doing it on the water.

best of luck on your quest to crack 7 mins fit. Any Q's hmu i'll do the best to answer them / im kind shit faced

>It's a full-body workout unlike

Why not just do barbell compounds?

OP here. To be honest, I don't know. I wanted some kind of cardio machine because my achilles is all fucked up and I can't run and rowing seemed to be a good fit for sustained cardio and HIIT. I completely forgot that rowing machines existed up until a few days ago

Couldn't have said it better.

Who else here is or was /crew/?

good advice user. i too am an ex rower but never got to make it to states. however by reading your passage, i conclude that you were never a rower and are only spewing what others have said in past erg threads. it's ok. you don't have to pose! be yourself!

anyway, to all the anons reading the quoted passage: don't forget to learn technique first. you must you must you must do this before you try to pr on a 2k. proper technique ups your speed by a significant amount.

if you are looking to lose weight than do 6ks. after about 30 minutes of rowing, your body starts using your fat as energy and it is smooth sailing from there. i always preferred longer rows than short bursts however the competition requires you to be top notch in your 2ks since nearly all regattas are that length.

but most important of all, fuck ergs. every rower will tell you that they prefer to be on the water than on the erg. literal torture devices.

I rowed for two years on a pretty mediocre club team. We had four really serious guys on the team who would have been full scholarship rowers, but our school didn't have the funding for an actual program.

It's been a few years since I graduated and stopped rowing, but I still regret that I never put in the work to get my 2k split down to 1:45. My best 2k was a 1:48. I know I could have done better and done my part to make the men's 8+ worth a damn, but I had other priorities, and I regret it pretty deeply.

>What, are you too poor to own a cool rowboat and a Concept2 in your home?
Exactly. If I had the money and space for a concept 2, I wouldn't hesitate. Rowing is so much fucking fun, it's crazy.