How does one train for several hours a day? I want to dedicate my weekends to training like a professional athlete

How does one train for several hours a day? I want to dedicate my weekends to training like a professional athlete.

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/blood-and-chalk-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good diet and good sleep

Good question

Was watching one of those Michael Mosley docos about weight loss and this British professional athlete said he trained for 32 hours a week. Doing what?

Lmao gl faggot. One thing people can't seem to understand around these parts is moderation.

I mean there's always people saying training more than twice a day shouldn't happen for more than 2 weeks, yet many pro athletes train from 6am to 5pm

Slowly build up tolerance much like any other aspect of training.
Most professional athletes were high level junior athletes who trained progressively more and more as they moved through levels of competition.

Unless your fitness level is that of a professional athlete, you won't be able to train like one.

Usually that 'training twelve hours a day' stuff involves a huge amount of downtime doing all the stuff needed to maintain the amount of activity they're actually doing.

what is your fitness goal? Chances are you want to look good and get stronger? If you are natty then you shouldn't trainer several hours a day

This
Also, athletes who train all day are generally on roids. You'd have to be to train that long. I don't even think most olympic lifters train more than 3 hours.

It's hard to tell with weightlifters (and also with higher level strongmen and powerlifters, especially those who train in groups). 'Three hours in the gym' can mean radically different things depending on how you're going about things.

You can end up spending a huge amount of time training without gear - a lot of the oldschool strongmen would spend all afternoon around the weights - but it tends to involve a lot of time spent resting, rotating through groups or otherwise bullshitting with your training partners.

Serveral hours a day? Don't do that unless you roid real hard. Training is not a linear equation. It's a bell curve.

A change in mindset
Shitloads of gear
Shitloads of HGH to help repair your body faster
Shitloads of food to help keep yourself energized

Oh and when you're not training you're resting, reading up on your chosen sport or eating. Period.

That's all.

if you're training for sports like american-football, soccer, basketball, boxing etc training several hours a day is pretty easy.

>training several hours a day is pretty easy.
No, no it is not.

>8 hour arms cmon, whatever ti takes etc
you can do some kind of technique learning day where you load the bar around 80% and just do one perfect rep every couple of minutes, thats the way old strongmans were training, just be aware of how you feel and dont burn out your cns
also you can do stretching, practice KB movements, animal flow, advanced kalisthenics etc

As someone who trains ~24 hours a week I've got a few pointers:

>Split it into 2 sessions
alternate days with 1 and 2 sessions so you don't accumulate too much acute fatigue and an hero.

>recover like a pro athlete
recovery work will be essential: contrast therapy, SMR and massage, active recovery and prehab/corrective exercise whenever you're not training. This applies extra for days with 2+ sessions - all your down time should be dedicated to recoveryand relaxation.

>Don't train hard
should be obvious but nobodycan max out 2+ times a day and not see negative effects. When I am on 2 sessions a day I'll tend to use the first one for technical/speed work and then focuson heavy weights in the second session, utilising the changes from the first session.

>Its gonna hurt
you've no idea how sore and fatigued and broken down you'll become eventually. After about a month I tend to NEED a deload as you're gonna start feeling sluggish and out of energy real fucking fast.

>Eat everything, sleep always, get your fish oil
simple, make sure your nutrition andsleep are 100% sorted with no room for improvement. Caloric intake should go up around 3-500 to account for the necessary recovery

Athletes train for max 5 hours a day. It's probably 2 hours of the actual sport, then 2 hours of fitness, core work, resistance training, stretching and then an hour of recovery work ice baths, contrast baths, massages, eating quality food. Repeat everyday. I've talked to some premier league S&C coaches and they say that the players are pretty much doing this.

how bout you go enjoy life. get some friends go have have fun. do something useful, study or work idk. working out 5 hours a day won't do you any good unless you are a pro athlete

t-nation.com/training/blood-and-chalk-4

Practicing his sport.