I want to start running but I read that if you're too fat it fucks up your knees and you should do something else first...

I want to start running but I read that if you're too fat it fucks up your knees and you should do something else first. Is 230 at 5'4 too fat?

im a girl btw & pls no bully

That's way into obese territory. You really shouldn't be running at that weight. I'd suggest something like bicycling or long walks until you get your weight down.

Long walks, 3 times a week (if you don't sweat it's not fast enough, but don't jog). Get a water bottle and make it your life companion. Drink water like it's chicken nuggets. At least a galon a day. Helps with avoiding eating shit.

thanks

OP, I would absolutely say you're too heavy to be running.

I'm 6'2 190 (high bf) and even I'm a little concerned about my knees and ankles if I were to run.

Do you have a picture?

i don't want to post pictures of myself on Veeky Forums

I wouldn't worry about it. The worst thing that'll happen is that I'll masturbate to it.

Feel you. Find one that looks like you on google and post it. It helps with giving advice

Way too fat to run. Do fork downs until you aren't obese, then you can run

>5'5"
>Im a girl btw
No need to repeat yourself

Manlet detected

she said she was 5'3, I could only imagine it would be the weaker sex

That's actually not that bad as I pictured. If you really look like that, you could handle couch to 5k in a month. Do the long walks (5k, 3miles), use an app or a stopwatch. Time yourself. Get that water bottle with you. Try to beat your time everytime, even if it is seconds. Do this for 4 weeks. 5th week you start couch to 5k. Water is fucking crucial. Also fillers like cabbage, celery and carrots (don't cheat. You cheat, and you might as well not even start or walk another 3 miles).

Also, on rest days (the ones you don't walk those 5k/3miles) you do planks. At the 5th month when you start your c25k you start lifting.

I recovered my sister (she was like you) doing this. But you have to be fucking serious about it. If you are craving for some delicious shit, you go for and drink a liter of water, and eat celery sticks.

It's hard af, but it's worth it. You'll be living a normal life in 6 months.

bait

nigga she said she's 5'2 can't you read?

you're not too fat
go run

put ice on places that hurt
switch to walking for a while if a pain does not go away in 2 days

go rujn

KEKS detected

get an indoor bicycle OP

thanks all of you

Swimming would be good because of 0 impact on your joints, but given your current status you may not want to go swimming, just thought I'd throw it out there anyway