Why do children have such an inherent desire to play war?

Why do children have such an inherent desire to play war?

In the days before guns the would duel with swords as warriors, now they play with wooden guns as soldiers.
Why do children, in particular boys, have an in-born desire to play at war?

>now they play with wooden guns as soldiers
More like now they sit on their ass stuffing their faces with Doritos while playing CoD and Madden on their Xbone. It's not the 90s anymore.

Not everywhere is America. If you're not going to discuss the issue raised in this thread then fuck off

I'm Polish. It's the same here too.

Whatever, why are children obsessed with war?

>Implying kids go outside anymore

Not all children just boys.

It’s almost like males enjoy violence more than females!

It’s almost like animals play to practice what they would do as adults!

Wooooow!

WHY DO PEOPLE HURT OTHER PEOPLE MAAAAN

>making a thread during Yank hours
I should've known

>Play cops and robbers while in elementary school
>Get sent to principal's office
Anyways, kids like the idea of war since it has cool things like explosions and guns.
Plus, boys like to be rough.

Because pretend war is FUN, something soccermoms are allergic to.
Its why NERF is still making tons of money despite being a physical toy manufacturer in the current era of kids being glued to electronics.

When I was younger, my friends and I would always play as soldiers with sticks or just make the figure of a rifle with our hands.
The biggest factor I would say is that I grew during the time Iraqi Freedom, so my guess is that global events, such as large military actions have a big influence on what children play or do in their free time

For the same reason two kittens play fight with each other

Because fighting is inherent to all societies and play is something children do to learn how to be people. You may as well ask why kids love tag or hide and seek.

When I was in 3rd grade we got in trouble for playing Jews vs Nazis

>draw guns and war and people being blown in half just like muh calladoody games in art class
>never got sent to the office even once despite living in granola eating yoga mom land

How?
Was your dad the principal?

I used to make a comic book series about a serial killer who would cheese grate people alive because I thought it was funny, in this day in age the teacher is way more likely to end up in the shit then you are.

I honestly don't know why either.
Its not like the teachers didn't notice, I actually no joke, got taken aside one day and asked not to shoot up the school by one art teacher, but I never actually got sent to the principal.

Fucking answer the god damned question, this whole thread makes me ANGRY

Only the retarded and brown kids played cops and robbers at my primary school (years 5-13). I would join in a couple of times, but football and rugby were the main attractions. It's almost as though low IQ retards are drawn to violence or something

tfw to smart for fun things

It may not be easy to accept but the human herd is fittest when thinned from time to time , maybe a few time a year even. If you watch modern tribes( rural primitive to urban gangs) who engage in ritual warfare it's not what we think about when we think about war. It's a lot of shit talking and very little killing. War used to be healthy for a tribe because the weakest would chicken out or die and not pass on there genetic code. Things changed when metal became common but things reaaaly change with the when mechanized industrial warfare came onto the scene. Nowadays one skinny fucker with a machine gun can kill fifty brave warriors in a few seconds. Shits fucked up. Say a prayer for life we never got the chance to live. At least we have rugby

>I play rugby because I'm an intellectual

Organized sports are just another form of war play don't feel to superior underagey

have you ever played rugby? I dont know why yanks think its some brutal death tournament. Not even allowed head highs like grid iron.

too*
apparently so

too*
goodness gracious
At least they're respectable activities unlike beating some kid up because in your mind he's your imaginary enemy.

tfw to smart for memes

Have you ever seen kittens Playing? Or
Birds chirping at each other?

The kittens are practicing how to kill for when they're adults. The birds are continually talking shit and threatening each other each trying to defend their airspace.

Humans are similar enough to animals that it is logical for the young to require violence simulators.

Also there are no wooden guns anymore. Just fat ass fucktard lards.

are you also ?

Respectable by who? Young user, decide for yourself what you enjoy and never bow to other people's perceptions. This is my friendly advice to you so don't take it the wrong way.

>ayo fuck da laws and fuck da police
Settle down, Tyrone. I'm not looking for a prison sentence.

Haha what are you talking about?

>playing cops and robbers is a crime
lel what kind of fucking shithole do you live in lad

I'm talking about participating in established and accepted activities, not becoming a social outcast/criminal
Don't take it personally.

Fuck off back to reddet

Tyrone? Isn't that the name that pol always uses when they say white girls want to fuck black guys?

I wouldn't know. I only know that it's a stereotypical name poor African Americans name their children.

Actually I've never played it but I always heard it was hardcore. Anyways just replace that with whatever you think is a violent team sport.

>made a finger gun and pretended to shoot my friend in 5th grade
>principal makes me empty my desk and locker looking for "violent material"
>get suspended for last week of school (the most fun week)
FUCK YOU MS. FOX

EVERYONE GET BACK ON TOPIC. this is a good question for once. Playing war is clearly natural. How do we thin the herd in modern days?

kill youself and your ya dim cunt fetus wankl yankl

Instead of killing people let then lead boring unimpactful lives while still contributing to the economy.

Destabilize some shitty part of the world so that we have an excuse to send soldiers and peacekeepers there to combat extremists and thus get all the aggressive young people to die in combat.

We want the pussy bitches to die not the cool buddies

Play is just imitation, boys want to be like the heros/villains (and athletes) they see depicted in movies and such, these characters, both real and fictional possess a certain amount of power and influence. Things everybody wants/desires..
Wars and battles along with the politics that surround them are the most dramatic and high stakes things within the human experience.
They are inherently compelling, and the majority of our most popular media in literature throughout history has been devoted to these two subjects.
The legends, heroes, and villains of history are famous because they are men of great courage, charisma and often fantastic leaders. By extension many of them also made great warriors; war is the furnace in which many of these great men are born.
War and conflict are integral parts of the human experience, for better or worse.
>I'm not sure if I've answered this question yet, speech to text makes for some rambling posts..
The boys like playing war because it let's them live out the fantasy of being those men they admire, even for a moment, when I remember playing with my friends we never imagined ourselves as the common grunts and warriors. We were the main characters, the kings and superheroes and Spec Ops soldiers that the whole world or countrys or whatever was counting on to save the day.
All men want to be great, I don't even know what I'm going on about anymore..
Didn't Nietzsche say something about all men Desiring War or conflict or something..

SUCK MY DICK FAGGOT I WISH YOU WERE HERE NOW NOT ON YOUR SHITTY COWARDS ISLAND ID STOMP YOUR SHIT IT

youd have to get up from your obesity scooter first mate

How do you not already know the answer to this? Get offline.

Go lick your queens toes Nigel I've got a scooter (rascal) and an gun! I don't have to get up for shit to red dot you from a hundred yards

I had the sickest collection of gun shaped sticks when I was a kid

Pick a number between 1 and 10 guys

You win, conmgrats on winning. Now fuck off.

Does 1 and 10 count as between 1 and 10?

He said between . that means not including. That's how I know your English, always wanting more. I choose 7

Whatever became of that movie about kids in the woods playing war juxtaposed with scenes of what the war would actually be like? Looked cute as fuck

>wanting more
Kek
This guy wins.

>natural
>inherent
I can assure you that if people didn't glorify war and conflict, you wouldn't have kids pretending to be toy soldiers.

Same shit that help contribute to WW1. Many people thought War would be fun and they would bring glory to their nation. As it turned out, WW1 was a huge waste of fucking time. Then everybody avoided war like hell, which is why Europe caved into many German demands before the second war.

It is in our nature to war. It will forever be.
This is why aliens don't answer our phonecalls.

Ah I'm just kidding around guy. Your alright. I went to England a few years ago and had an awesome time looking at the roman ruins in bath.

Nah, not me. I listened to rock n' roll instead.

You lose agian for saving a picture like that.
I have spoken twice now, do not make me pass judgment again.

Hey ain't that my uncle cooter?

Was this like Warsaw ghetto Jews or Anne frank jews... actually war or hide and seek to be deported to Auchwitz

Men are hunters at heart. There are many types of hunters. There are trappers. Those who create clever devices to capture their prey. There are shooters. Those who wait patiently and kill their prey. There are bezerkers who just run around as fast as they can and kill any animal they can get their hands on. There are farmers who capture and raise their animals for the slaughter. There are many types of hunting. The military and society has converted it into a game of man vs man. The natural setting is man vs beast. Governments and propaganda sieze on the males hunting nature and convert it into hunting other humans for their own ends. Although we still enjoy self defense, because a long time ago we used to have to fight other males in order to earn the right to reproduce

This is right on the nose

Better than I said it in my long post.
Good shit user

Someone told us WWII was fought between the Jewish army and the Nazi army. But the Nazis won and put them all in a giant oven.

I see you have everything from flintlock to semi auto. Very nice collection.

>Jewish army
Also known as the US Army

Quite simple, user, it is a dialogue between the child and it's notion of mortality.
Most children have no regard for their own mortality, or for that of others.
Interesting is also, that most kids are interested in war and related subjects, after personally getting familiar death.

I can assure you you're fucking wrong. Men are bred to be violent, it's in our genes.

>beating some kid up because in your mind he's your imaginary enemy.
This is a safe space if you want to share anything user.

Children are born pious. Hence, they wish to become heroes who fight on the behalf of God.

Power, emulation. Possibly as entertainment. Its a skill, innate, our credence.

They're preparing for the war to end all wars

How old are you?

Violence is the epitome of masculine aesthetic expression.

Toxic masculinity and male socialization.

Children are sociopaths. They don't understand the consequences of things. This is why when you see an explosion a kid will think its cool and wants to see more, while you want to either run away or help people in trouble because you know the true depth of the explosion and what it brings.

tl:dr Children are dumb and need guidance. They don't understand things and war seems cool because of the explosion and killing "bad guys".

Where is my Freeze Tag, Tag You're It, Tag Along, and Hide n' Go Seek brothers at? You are never too old to play these games.

>aesthetic
Stop misusing this word.

why do animals play fight ? Because its an integral part of life ya dingus, we are just supressing it in adulthood.

They are conforming to societal expectations on their perceived gender role.

Retard

I wonder who is behind this post

When I was a kid growing up in Croatia, as a Bosnian refugee, we not only played war during a war, but we also crafted a small concentration camp to keep those we captured.

men who practiced for war as children were more likely to survive and pass on their genes

nice p90 adn tommy

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

I'd argue that 'play' is a basic, atomic human value much like health, truth, or hedonic pleasures like taste and sex. It's good independent of what it brings.

If you look at mammals and even some birds, they are driven to play. Predators, omnivores, and territorial herbivores all show great love of play fighting as puppies/kittens, etc. And due to the importance fighting plays in mating for many species males usually are more physically playful: they need to practice more, and not just to get good at hunting.

Sure it's a bit of evolutionary psychology but it makes sense: human girls like to play because surely at certain times this is socially important and important for hunting. But boys like to play *war* more because they not only have the hunting and socializing need to play, but also a broader evolutionary mandate to win during mating. They have a generally stronger play drive which socially realizes itself in terms of war play.

the prevalent gerontocracy promotes violence to cull the younger male population, concentrate power and secure more ressouces and females for itself

tl;dr: jews

Most people are descended from societies that glorified war and conflict. I'm not going to deny that peaceful matriarchies existed in some parts of the world, but most have been conquered and replaced by warlike tribes or civilizations.

Kek

Do you still have it? I used to draw stuff liek this when i was maybe 6-10 years old with my mate. We were also obessed with Bunnykill and pretended that iam Snowball and he is Smoke and we are killing other bunnies.

I also have description written above those pics, from top second: Middle of the Iwo Jima island, Pacific Ocean, Southern Mongolian, storage of the nukes, Nepal, new Chinese base, GLA captured an American airfield, Pearl Harbour bombing Pacific Ocea, "Jeep Division" Kazachstan/Amphibious division.

their fathers or respected men in society.