/plg/

Powerlifting general

Other urls found in this thread:

underbust.deviantart.com/gallery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

www.powerliftinggeneral.com

I don't know which thread is less mentally ill to post in :(

At least this one has a lifter in the OP.

haino = rafaello

Old thread is kill so i guess we'll have to settle with this one.

5th for if you don't like deadlifts you probably like dick

Well you are mentally ill so this one is pretty damn bad

6th for deadlifts.

>comfy
>loud and fun
>can go like 50-70lb heavier than squats

what if i like both?
;)

I also struggled. Should have done it buda

>someone somewhere drew that
ayy

>lifting for aesthetics

>can go like 50-70lb heavier than squats
lmao

Who here #23FFMI?

Also >12th for deadlifts

#
Don't be afraid to round down with your work sets.
Say you have to squat 73-74kg; an idiot like me would do 75kg but if you feel like crap then go for 72.5kg

You have free choice to round up or down in sheiko, use it to your advantage.

Late reply because I'm cooking Mac n cheez as promised :)

are you a dwarf

>numale manlet
lel no wonder a transvestite wouldnt even have sex with you

Bench is the best lift.

If you disagree you are suck. Fact.

Yeah I was curious about whether to round up or down but that's reassuring thanks :)

Only lift that matters [spoiler]and I suck at it[/spoiler]

Drop squats and you'll get better at it. Fact.

Just a manlet

I do enjoy bench, but deadlift is really really satisfying

why is your penis so brown????

>tfw back to training with significant volume

6x5 squats @80% were fun lads.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ stay well spoon3.14

No.

I should say significantly more volume than I had been in the past 2 months :)

Blue shoes is the hero we need but don't deserve

So does one actually gain strength by sumo deadlifting or is it 90% technical progress and onl 10% muscle mass and strength?

The lift feels so weird, I don't even know what the prime mover or bottleneck is.
It feels like aductors. I doubt aductors can become strong lel

M U H T E S T

6x5 @ 80%

That actually sounds hard as fuck. I think Sheiko made me scared of going over RPE 8.

Want to come over, bby?

Commisar is the candle in the darkness. He's the protector of the weak, ally to good, nightmare to evil. His iron will and good faith spread far and wide throughout. Together we will achieve the times of peace and prosperity from the tranny mental illness creeps yet again.

Just ate 2500 calories of pancakes and sausage lads and it's only 11:30 AM

This is gonna be a good day for bulkan'

Autism

Commisar is a fag LOL

Last set was probably about an RPE 8.5. I probably could have done 2-3 more sets if I would have pushed it. Just the rumors about Nuckols squat programs not working made me think increasing volume would be the way to go.

this is what real powerlifting is all about

nah, but he is a pedo file

muh dick

ya its pre big i know

You're fucking dead Haino, you hear me? You're fucking dead. You can't just delete my threads and make new ones. That isn't how it works here.

I have the power to shut you down for good, kid

For the love of god shave that stache

Sauce?

I will

Whenever I feel small I can look at blueshoes and feel so much better about myself. Thanks, friend.

Wow nice thread

Just like clockwork, lol.

At school, we have a special room for children that throw this kind of fit. There are beanbag chairs, padded walls, dimmed lights, and non-breakable items for them to hit.

I guess /plg/ turns into that room for about 16 hours per day.

Have a nice day, /plg/.

Lift well, and be good people.

Blueshoes why are you here anyway you don't even powerlift.

MY HUT LIST"

- EVERYONE IN PLG

See ya buda. Have a comfy sunday

How young do you teach?

Are sean's characters all a manifestation of Blueshoes's imagination, or is Blueshoes another creation of Sean's?

The world may never know.

Right?????

This macaroni and cheese has made me go over my calorie limit for my cut
And I didn't even realise so now it's 4:40 and I can't eat for the rest of the day

Sheeeeeiit

Answer pls. Am I wasting my time with sumo when I don't already convo 5-6 pl8?

PA
A

>Mac n cheese
>On a cut

Kek cucumber and celery for you

Commisar pls

I think you're just scared, el kiddo.

>mac n cheese

That's what you get for not eating chicken breast and grilled veggies when cutting.

It does build strength, it's great for your hamstrings and abductors. You may as well try it for a while. No harm in it

I w-was struggling to fill my calories for the past week and now 1 meal has destroyed it all >.<

It's good, 30grams of protein and 830 calories. If only I wasn't cutting ;-;

its just this fat girl with fake tits
underbust.deviantart.com/gallery/

Glutes, quads, hams, back. Same as conventional. Adductors too but they're not moving hundreds of pounds on their own.

I was going to have that tonight but now I haven't got enough calories left...

I'm going to start entering exercises done on myfitnesspal to see if that gives me more calories ;-;

Also strong abductors carry over to your squat as you are better at controlling knee valgus and getting power out of the bottom

grilled chicken breast is expensive af if that is all you're gonna eat

I can probobly get by with a rotisserie chicken a day from shoprite since they're pretty cheap, however.

I just don't like how it tastes kek. If something is too cheesy it makes me queasy

Yeah he's probably feeling it because his abductors are weak

Sumo deadlift is better for almost everyone for a variety of reasons.

It's mainly that the leverages let most people most heavier weights. Note that if you trained conventional in the past an never sumo, this may not be the case, although once you start training it you will truly see if you're able to move bigger weights with it.

Some other considerarions are:
- Less limited by grip strength
- Smaller ROM (Less tiring)
- Less stress on low back

The last two are particularly important, as they can let you do more volume on deadlifts and deadlift at a higher frequency without beating you up like conventional deadlifts would.

>grilled chicken breast is expensive af

$2/lb nigger, find cheaper meat than that.

WHAT ARE YOU TRAINING TOMORROW
I've got some slingshot bench with 265 for 5 sets to RPE 9. hoping for like 10 on each set. my sets last week at 255 went 12,11,10,10,10 iirc. then some CGBP for like 3x8-10 @ 165. then SSB squats 5x5 @ 355. should be fun.

ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING INTERESTING TODAY
my family is going to the WI state fair for a while, should be pretty fun. gonna have some deep fried everything because it's wisconsin and we have nothing better to do than take foods that are already horrible for you and make them worse.

HAVE YOU EATEN ANYTHING GOOD LATELY
not really, but I had some McDonald's for breakfast today and that's always good

DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME LIFTING-RELATED DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/ETC?
man I'll tell you hwat, spotoshot2.0 gives a pretty insane pump. I'm not a big guy at all really, but fugg does the blood rush to my shoulders and arms. it's a ton of fun too. I like not really having a solid plan, just kind of going in and knowing kind of what I'm doing and having a lot of freedom to just mess around and enjoy myself.

remember kids: we lift because it's fun, and if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong and should reevaluate what you're doing.

Where did you originally calculate your calories? Scooby's calculator is best

It's okay to go over your calories occasionally when cutting user.

How much is chicken breast where you live? It's like 1.99 lb here at most stores and like every other week giant eagle or something will have a buy 1 get 1 free sale so it's easy to stock up for cheap.

WEW laddo where do you live

In NJ that shit is like 6 bucks per lb so I just buy pork chop instead which is like $2.79.

A whole rotisserie chicken is like 6 bucks, however, and the whole thing is like 1800 calories and 200g protein so that is a pretty damn good deal.

Are you buying fillets or tenders or something?

>WAWTT
Resting because Sheiko made my legs feel like jelly after today

>ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING INTERESTING TODAY
Just went to a diner with my grandma and uncle and ate 2500 calories worth of pancakes, probobly just gonna rest for the rest of the day and FINALLY finish my game of catch-up on Game of Normies.

>HAVE YOU EATEN ANYTHING GOOD LATELY
Yea, see above, pancakes and sausage nigga

>DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME LIFTING-RELATED DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/ETC?
Sheiko is kicking my ass despite the lower intensity. Might be because I inflated too much.

I also pause ever bench rep now instead of TNG if the rep scheme is 5 or below and bench has doubled in difficulty since then. A weight I could rep 7-8 times I can barely rep 3-4 times now.

Nah nigga, literally just 'boneless skinless chicken breast''

I'd say the only cons I found were getting used to the set up. Plus I quite enjoy the grind of conventional. So mine is more a matter of personal taste

Do both IMHO
I hate sumo though, feels very unnatural.

Gonna do some 5x5 frontsquats today lads

Wish me luck

S A M S
A
M
S

C L U B
L
U
B

>WHAT ARE YOU TRAINING TOMORROW
Rest day until Tuesday

>ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING INTERESTING TODAY
Playing diablo 3 with my gf right now, going to probably play some FF later
>inb4weeaboo

>HAVE YOU EATEN ANYTHING GOOD LATELY
I've been eating nachos everyday for the last week because why not

>DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME LIFTING-RELATED DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/ETC?
3.5 weeks until skills test hypeee

>literally just 'boneless skinless chicken breast''

Sheeeeeeit I don't even buy it unless it's south of $2.50 and I'm only a few hours north of you.

g'lck m8

>It's mainly that the leverages let most people most heavier weights

[Citation needed]

I'm training today not tomorrow, Alex.

Literally nothing exciting is going to be done today.

I had eggs benedict for breakfast :^).

Yes, try even harder.

Yeah, makes me feel weird as hell. But I really enjoy variation and lifting and aaah it's just so fucking fun I love it

powerlifting

>Just went to a diner with my grandma and uncle and ate 2500 calories worth of pancakes, probobly just gonna rest for the rest of the day and FINALLY finish my game of catch-up on Game of Normies.
everything about that sounds incredible
do you have sheiko inflated or something? it shouldn't be that hard imo
>I also pause ever bench rep now instead of TNG if the rep scheme is 5 or below and bench has doubled in difficulty since then. A weight I could rep 7-8 times I can barely rep 3-4 times now.
yeah that'll do that.

>gf

CHADLEX GET OUT.

No citation needed at all
It's 100% fucking true.
It's easier for short dudes to lift heavy shit faster then it is for taller cats.
God help you if you have long femurs and a short torso.

This is how this shit is. One size fits all lifting bullshit does not and has never applied equally to everyone and people who slavishly follow it instead of working within their true means, but only after giving it a good try, always fail and give up.

5x5 back extensions
with a rounded back, locked hip
weighted, hold dumbell on chest
motion comes from flexion and extension of the lumbar spine

My dick is longer than his range of motion

Powerlifting is a joke

>motion comes from flexion and extension of the lumbar spine

Bitch, you should be thinking about 99% less, and lifting about 99% more.

Go put the barbell on your back and fucking work.

You disgust me. 5 years from now you MIGHT hit my first year numbers. What a waste of flesh.

That's what I love about lifting. You just find different ways of working with your shit like a big puzzle

This desu. Blueshoes needs to do less thinking and more lifting.

esmeralda is my gf
AMA

>TRAINING
squats and bench to @9 set of 6 + back offs. incline bench, rows and curls myorep sheet

>DOING
not much today because I have to be up at 3am for work, going to my cousins 21st bday tomorrow tho

>EATING
nothing yet. Gonna have oats before gym. Other than that it's been chicken, beans, milk and veggies recently because they're easiest to cook

>COMMENTS
THIRTEEN WEEKS OUT FROM MY MEET NIGGA. trying not to be too hype this far out though

>THIRTEEN WEEKS OUT FROM MY MEET NIGGA
9 weeks out... hurt again
every fucking time Tbh

powerlifting isnt really like art
also i dont think he sculpts

she is not.

>powerlifting isnt really like art
He didn't say "powerlifting".

He said "a powerlifting career".

Which includes the personality of the lifter. If you have a personality. Which most of you autists don't.

thats not a question