QTDDTOT

So, here's mine:
The moment I train legs I go full trex but I want 140kg 1rm back squat

wtf im similar to pic related

Do anyone of you have experience with this phenenom?

After I drink too much, I get this pain in my legs that lasts way longer than my regular hangover. It feels like it's in my very bones, it stretches from mid thigh and down throughout my legs.

It's really painful, please halp Veeky Forums

Does anyone have the Veeky Forums GSLP image?

Will bench pressing 3x5 twice a week help me break my BP plateau?

the other thread isn't dead yet you fuck

search the catalogue for 5 seconds before you make your post.

is this good for a grill?

Monday
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Barbell Good Mornings 3x6-8
Barbell Hip Thrusts 3x6-8
Glute Kickback/Cable Kickback 3x8-12

Wednesday
Squats 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Sumo Deadlift 5+

Friday
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Is it normal to gain too much water weight (4kg) after a head injury? i was like 72 kgs before i hit my head and now i'm 76, I'm still eating the same amount of food though....

What is the actual difference between incline bench press and flat bench? Also benching with a barbell vs. dumbbell?

Dehydrated muscle you fucking imbecile

Maybe you forgot how to count?

I'm starting an 8 week andarine (s4) cycle Monday. Would it make sense to increase my caloric deficit in order to increase weight loss while under the effects of s4? Would the s4 decrease the likelihood of burning muscle with a larger deficit?

Is 8x8 good for GAINING SIZE? If not, what should I choose?

10x10 aka GVT

If you stop taking protein, will your gains get reposessed, or will you just not gain any more?

t. skelleton

Has anyone done Wendler's 5/3/1 modified for frequency and/or high volume? I'm planning to switch to the 4-day after stalling on a 2x PPL

Posting this here in response to I have no coaches nor gyms for oly lifts and powerlifting so I'm fucked
I want to at least learn the power clean by myself

also I do heavy OHP and pull ups instead of chins, how do they strengthen the rotator?
I've started to stretch my rotator cuff b4 lifting(put back of the hands on the hips like i'm pretending to be a chicken, squat and put my elbows inside my knees while using the knees to push my shoulders more forward for sick stretch), and shoulder dislocations

then when I finish the work out I use dumbbells, lay down on the ground with a 5/6kg dumbbell, have my arm to the side and straight doing a paralel line with my forearm and then let it rotate to the front and back(no idea how its called)

is it enough?

also are hyperextensions good for lower back health and strengthning?
right now I want to keep my joints all healthy so I can still lift heavy shit when im older

Are protein cookies and bars a meme? Or should I get some to treat myself and to resist buying cakes and the like when I'm in shops?

they're junk food except with protein

if you want to resist eating/buying crap then you have to have discipline my friend

They're candy bars dude.

Will i get the benefits of testosterone if i inject like 300mgs, as needed? Like if i want to feel nice for a particular week but not want to worry about effects of long term use

Or is it a thing i have to be one
for like 3+ weeks to reap the rewards?

Couple weeks ago I had to go to the hospital because over the course of a couple of days I was super lightheaded and confusion and eventually passed out. I was told that my liver enzymes from my blood test were too high and that I was at risk for liver disease/failure if it continue to stay bad or got worse.

I'm not going to change my lifting routine just yet but I am going to be doing a lot more cardio. My doctor said that I should be eating a "low sugar" diet, which to me just meant not be a fat fuck and eat junk food, which I don't really eat much of already.

Any of you bros got some good "low sugar" recipes or tips for lower the amount of fat in the liver? It's been two weeks and I'm getting tired of feeling lightheaded and fatigued.

Not a full answer, just a side note: The Arnold press is nice for this.

Does anyone do accessory abductor/adductor work (machines or rubber band)? Is it a waste of time or could it help my squat?

I'm working for 12 hours a night wearing a harness on top of a big metal tower doing pretty much nothing.
I lift and run in my off time, but any inconspicuous bodyweight exercises/stretches that i can do to kill time?
Also, general tips about staying Veeky Forums while noctournal.

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs32 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
Or, good routines for hotel rooms. I have a barbell to do squats and rows, but can't think of a good way to do pullups or bench in my room.\
Fitness room is cheap and gay. Only a treadmill which i use and elliptical, and some machine\
(I heard machines r bad)}

what the fuck

im too fuckin wide what core exercises to do to go fridgemode

Is one or two days with 4-6 hours sleep ok if I'm trying to readjust my body clock? Will my lifts be affected by this?

1. What is the best and cheapest calorie counting app for android?
2. What is the difference between dirty bulking and clean bulking?

>best
>cheapest
pick one nigger

outside lifting weights and boxing what should I be doing to become a better athlete?

also anyone has a good routine for mobility and stretching?

I'm doing an upper/lower split, after an exhausting bench session should I do ohp for shoulders at lighter weight than usual (because my delts and tris are tired) or should I instead do lateral raises?

i use myfitness pal its free and it had the nutrition info of everything i ate including obscure brands from my country

Alright I'll check it out. Last time I checked it had in-app payment. Any idea on what that is about?

It's fine. You might feel a little sluggish, but no biggie.

Being a good athlete is meaningless outside the context of a particular sport. If you want to be a good boxer, box (and maybe lift a bit). If you want to be a good lifter, lift.

"premium" which is more or less completely useless. Everything you need for calorie counting is completely free.

Ahh ok thanks.

Maybe
What helped for me was doing dumbbell flies and skullcrushers as accessories
Having more developed pecs/triceps really helped with moving more weight it turns out

I have clinical depression and ADHD, want to start 30 minute jogs. Easy task, just pick up some shoes, stay hydrated, go outside.

Been two weeks of not doing it though. How do I just....go?

Remind yourself on why you want to go for a jog.

are my pecs starting to develop, or is just fat?

the road is a good friend. doesn't judge, doesn't fuck you over, shows you cool stuff, and is always, always there for you

pecs

why don't you just google bodyweight exercises?

I think you would slowly lose muscle

looks good to me

I don't understand this? If I could have huge legs 'the moment' after training them, I would. Its not like it makes your upper body smaller. Just do i.

compared to once per week? yeah. Even can try 3 times if its a sticking point. do this too as in ULxULxx? OHP is better if you are only going to do 1 shoulder exercise. Consider dumbbell press after you bench. Also maybe throwing in lat raises at the end as part of a super set?

Fridgemode definitely requires compounds. Make sure you are doing heavy OHP Squats and DLs

Its a meme if you can reach your protein and calorie goals without them. It is an expensive but convenient way to do so. Weight it up.

not for a natty person. Do a proper routine and eat/sleep enough

probably not that much. People say that incline works your upper chest more and dumbbells work your stabalizing muscles more. I personally find that using dumbbells helps me to feel the contraction. At the end of the day it shouldn't matter too much though.

So I fell pretty hard the other day, since I've had some pretty bad pain in the shown area (chest and back) when raising my arm over 90 degrees to my side. Pain gets a lot worse when I put my hand behind my back and raise as if to scratch my back. Also when getting up off my chair.
While jogging I tripped and started by landing on my hands, then on my left side with my arm in beside me.
Sounds like just some muscle damage, but I thought I'd ask Veeky Forums if I should just let it heal or whatever

yes, let it heal.

I have minor scoliosis (genetic)
should i avoid any particular exercises or do i not need to worry about it?

How the fuck do I stop being so shit at swimming? I'm trying to increase the number of lengths I can do in a set amount of time, but I'm extremely lucky if I can get even one length increase every session

Skelly skell reporting in, been working out since January, started at 55kg am 61kg now. I am 173cm short and pic related is me. My question is:
I have an event to attend to on September the 22th and I've benn thinking about taking creatine. Will it make me more aesthetic by then or will I just look like a fucking retard?

You've been working out for 7 months...and only gained 6kg?

What have you been doing?

Rabbitmode

>173cm short
kekd

Clean bulking. I think I'm doing good so far, the sticky says one can only gain 1kg of muscle per month, and since I'm not getting any fatter, it's probably muscle that I'm building up.

You don't clean bulk as a skeleton, you retard

Why not? I don't want to gain any disgusting flobby fat, fampai. I'm not in a hurry to be A E S T H E T I C either, I just wanna know if creatine will be a good help or not, don't care if by september I'm not joosy enough.

Fuck off with your b8, faggot

I had to take 2 months off from the gym due to work and after 2x10 one arm overhead tricep extensions my triceps are utterly blasted to the point where I can barely pick my nose. I lifted on Thursday and it's still that bad today.

My questions:

Do I need to be worried about this, and can I safely do snatches tomorrow? What about bench?

It's DOMS. Nothing huge. Do some warm up sets before your snatches and bench, and judge your working weight based on how those went. If you still feel too tight after the warm up sets, then don't do the full working weight for that lift

How much imbalance between your left and right arm is normal? I seem to have developed a bit stronger in my right arm than my left. It's visually noticeable (to me) and noticeable by feel but I don't know how much stronger one is that the other. My arm lifts are all like barbells and shit so I don't how how this happened but it did. Lousy form I guess.

It's just alarming how much worse my tris are than my traps. Trap DOMS are already gone.

Imbalance is common and expected. It doesn't matter much if you never do one-arm lifts but it can be important to keep in mind which is stronger so you know which direction certain barbell lifts will tend to sway near failure. Like if you know your right is stronger expect to fail OHP to the left.

Not baiting you dipshit, I'm asking a serious question here. Why don't you answer like a normal human being and contribute to this thread?

Imbalance can happen pretty often for the beginner lifter. As long as your form is still good for the big lifts (i.e. you don't dip the bar to one side during the bench) you'll be fine by doing some accessory work to help balance things out. Focus on the weaker arm first, then match the weight and reps with the other arm.

Depending on the volume and types of lifts done, that can happen. The pain should subside at least some during the warm up sets, but if it doesn't at all or it persists into next week, then you might want to consider getting it looked at.

Creatine won't do shit for you if you're not going to bother eating like you should to support your own muscle growth. Especially in only a month's time. Now kill yourself for being a moron.

I want to start counting calories and get a good idea of macros for my height and bodyweight, and track them. Last time I did it i used myfitnesspal, but I'm wondering if that is still a good choice, or has another site replaced it. Any suggestions?

You're the one being baited, buddy. I advise you shut your fucking mouth before you really make a fool of yourself.

>Creatine won't do shit for you
It will make him look slightly more defined. Worth it since it's so cheap that it's practically free.

Thanks brehs

I'm eating like I'm supposed to m80, 250kcal surplust mostly and reaching my macros.
Thank you user, been thinking about taking it for a while, guess I'll do it then

Am I neglecting any body part in my routine?

AxBxCx

Day A
Bench 5 x 5
Chest Press 3 x 10
Fly machine 3 x 10
Arnold Dumbbell Press 3 x 10
Cable Machine Pulls 3 x 12
Swim 10 laps

Day B
Deadlift 5 x 5
Barbell Rows 5 x 5
Shrugs 3 x 12
Skullcrushers 3 x 10
Lat Pulldown machine(too weak to do pullups) 3 x 8
Swim 10 laps

Day C
Squats 5 x 5
Leg Press 3 x 10
Leg extensions 3 x 10
Calf Raises 3 x 10
Run a mile
Swim 10 laps

Day x
Bodyweight Squats 3 x 12
Plank 3 x f
Hanging leg raises 3 x 12
V Hold 3 x 30 secs
Hypertension Back Machine 3 x 10
Sit ups 3 x f
Curls 3 x 10
Swim a mile

>I'm eating like I'm supposed to m80
No you're not, or you would have more weight to show for it. As a skelly, you can gain more than 1kg of muscle per month because you have so little musculature to begin with. However, you need to eat enough to recover from the lifting and repair the muscle which is how they grow. You've fucked around for 8 months, gained much less than you could have because of your dumbass vanity telling you to avoid gaining some fat, and are hoping creatine will pick up the slack for a time that you could've used the gainz you would've been making had you not been a dumbass.

Creatine won't make you more defined. It will make your muscles look a little fuller due to the retained water. But, you're still obviously a skinny fucker, so that fullness won't be significant, thus won't matter for much of anything.

Why aren't you doing OHP?

>deadlift 5x5
Don't do this.

>day x
Why do all that shit?

Hamstrings

I'm in need of a new diet as my current one consists of eating junk food and getting McDonald's, and I've barely made any sizable physique gains after about a year of lifting.

Should I see a dietitian for this or will I be able to fix up my shit without any professional advice? I want to bulk from being a spooky skelly.

Is it normal for your lower back to have pain after doing Romanian Deadlifts?

Mean but Lold

You have an Internet connection which allows you access to fuck tons of information including shit about nutrition, and you want to pay somebody to tell you what to eat?

Depends on the kind of pain and whether or not you regularly do Romanian deadlifts

need more incline

Are front squats on the smith machine alright?

I've just started doing Rome Deads this week for the first time. Tuesday was fine but when I did them again on Friday I think I pulled my lower back and it had sharp pains whenever I bent down or tried picking something up. The pain's been starting to numbify though.

looking to get some adjustable dumbells for casual lifting at home.
what do you recommend?
craigslist?

Is this a decent routine?
AxBxAxx - BxAxBxx
A -
Overhead Press - 3x5
Front Squats - 3x5
Heavy Deadlift - 1x5
Barbell Curl - 3x8-12

B -
Bench Press - 3x5
Pendlay Row - 3x5
Straight leg deadlift - 3x5
Chin-ups - 3xF
Close grip bench 3x5-10

When I used to run in high school we would change our workouts we'd do weekly. (I.e. Some days we'd do hill sprints, 400m repeats, fartleks, etc) Can you do something similar in weightlifting? Like have an upper body focused day but do like rope climbs and bench then next time do like overhead press and cleans? I feel like it'd be much more interesting than AxBxAxx which is boring as hell

Why front squat?

You can do whatever you want, but AxBxAxx is used for a reason-- that reason being that it works well for getting your numbers up on those lifts. If you want to have fun and fuck around with ropes and shit go for it, but don't expect to increase your press as fast as you could have with a traditional routine. It's just a question of goals.

Because they're a bit easier on my back

i dont have any exercises in my routine that involve direct trap work
is it okay to do barbell row instead of pendlay row so that i can more indirect work for my traps, since im already doing other back exercises as well such as cable row, lat pulldown, etc

Do all protein powders contain milk? I have major issues with the stuff

MFP is still great and free.

Whey is a by-product of cheese, so yes, all whey contains some form of dairy.

there are some dairy-free varieties, but they are far more expensive and not as packed with protein.

So is there any way to get decent protein? I typically drink the stuff after my morning run on my way to work. Sort of a meal replacement.
Also nice quads

>So is there any way to get decent protein?
Of course, protein is a naturally-occurring macro after all. It's in almost everything.

That said, whey is probably the cheapest and easiest option to get protein in large doses. Otherwise you'll probably be looking at large quantities of meat.

yeah you just knocked yourself into permabulk mode

Is this PPL good or nah?
Also, what's the difference between barbell bp and dumbell bp which one is better?

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

Nice work bulking slowly man. In a years time you will look awesome, will staying lean all the time. You look decent now honestly. Creatine won't change how you look in a month

If I'm doing 135 lb 5x5 Pendlay rows, but have one warmup set of 5 @ 95 lb (25 lb plates) do I really need to stack the smaller plate on another to get the bar to the proper height at this point? Aren't I stronk enough to do one measly set of 5 from a couple inches lower? I just don't want to have to hunt around for two more plates at my gym.

Do I need rest days? I usually just alternate muscle groups each day. If so, is one day ok?

What does 4/3/2/1 mean?

Just feel your way through it man, if you feel you don't need a restday and your strength is going up, just keep going.

If you start to feel burned out and lose strength, incorporate restdays.

Yo Veeky Forums

What are the benefits of alternate deadlifts (SLDL, sumo, romanian etc)

AND

can you do high bar ATG sumo squats or will you snap your shit up