Greyskull vs. Stronglifts 5x5 ?

Greyskull vs. Stronglifts 5x5 ?

Looking to start a routine, my goal is both strength and aesthetics, but strength comes first.

starting strength you fool

Run the lilliebridge method or the cube by brandon lilly. Got STRONG as fuck on both of those.

Do neither and keep asking for advice on the internet. Embrace your indecisiveness for all eternity. That will surely bring you closer to your goal.

Keep in mind Greyskull was designed for microloading and in the book he even says if you're not doing it, you're not doing the program.

So unless you have microplates, stick with SS.

Is SS the best beginner program?

But, power clean are too noisy

SL 5x5

If you want to look like a T-Rex faggot, at least allpro hits everything and eventually leads into strength gains if you follow the routine properly

Easy SL5X5

Having an app makes quantifying your gains and goals a lot easier than other programs

Just do PPL.

6 times a week ppl?

>microplates
literally £12 on ebay

just pick one and DO IT

I used to do PPLPPLx, now I'm busy with school so I changed it to PxPxLxE, E being Extra (abs, neck, wrists). Seeing great results.

This. As a noob, the SL app makes everything idiot proof. I gladly paid the $10 to unlock warmups and plate calc, etc.

How long does the 5x5 take you?

You mean per day? I'm out in under an hour. I walk there so don't change/shower.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Seems like with so many sets your workout time could easily go through the roof when you reach heavier weights. I guess that's when the app takes you down to 3x5 or 1x5 though.

And I do 3 sets of chins/dips.

Yep, see both screen shots. I failed to get 5x5 on OHP twice in a row, so it automatically deloaded me to 85 lbs. and am now incrementing at 2.5 lbs/session instead of 5. One more deload and it's supposed to drop me to 3x5 for that lift. Looking forward to that.

I'm guessing it's having you rest for 90 seconds right now?

Yep, at minimum. 3 mins max, but I take more if I really need it.

Thanks. Might give SL another go with the app. I originally gave it up because it was taking me ~2 hours door-to-door but now I live a lot closer to a gym and my home dumbbell routine really isn't working.

Good goy!

It's really a well thought out app, and the program has been working well for this noob dyel.

I'm actually part J00, and am thrifty, but I spend on things I find worth it, and that was so worth it to me.

You'll learn later on how little supplement brand makes a difference.

>supplement brand
d'wat?