Quick Veeky Forums, should I buy lifting shoes or a belt?

Quick Veeky Forums, should I buy lifting shoes or a belt?

I have good ankle mobility so I can squat in flats but I've been told numerous times that lifting shoes still help. But then again I want a belt so I can start doing my top sets with it and lifting heavier weight.

Both would be ideal but I only got money for one.

Also what is a good quality but affordable brand of either?

Youll see more of an impact on your lifts with a belt

Sweet, that's exactly what makes me want a belt more than lifting shoes.

Should I wait till I'm lifting heavier though? Most recent squat set was 235lbs for 3x5 at 155lbs bodyweight.

I've seen dudes using a belt once they hit a 2pl8 squat but I'm curious how far others went without a belt

shoes are more useful and a bigger priority than a belt, but if you're even remotely serious about lifting you need both.

I deadlift almost 6pl8 without a belt.
Never even tried using a belt tho, mostly because I cba buying one.

Shoes dude
You don't need a belt for less than 4plate squats

that's pretty good, but you would be even stronger if you started using a belt ealier. nobody is saying you can't make progress without a belt, but you'll make faster progress with one.

You should definitely buy lifting shoes. They make a huge difference, even with good mobility.

If you don't plan to ever compete, then the belt really isn't necessary. The belt will make a difference, but you're not missing out on anything by continuing with beltless training.

For the belt, get an Inzer lever or single prong with 10mm thickness. There are more affordable brands, but just make sure that they are not tapered.

For the shoes, get either the Adipowers or the Nike Romaleos. Do not buy the cheaper Adilift version. Those shoes are inferior and not worth the money.

>I've seen dudes using a belt once they hit a 2pl8 squat but I'm curious how far others went without a belt

It all depends, the concept of a belt is that it helps brace your abdominals which in turn stabilizes your back, so if you have a strong core, you won't need it. Generally when you start hitting around 315 or twice your bodyweight, I would recommend one as more weight = more pressure on your spine. Lifting shoes are a good option too, you can usually cop a pair of Adidas powerlifts for relatively cheap, they're a bit on the more barebones side, but they get the job done.

Oh yeah I know that. I've never really failed to make progress yet, and if I ever stall seriously for months then I'll probably look at learning to use a belt. But for now I kind of enjoy the freedom of knowing everything I lift I can do without a belt.

>For the shoes, get either the Adipowers or the Nike Romaleos
How long are these supposed to last?

can someone tell me why are shoes helpful?

adidas powerlift are on sale right now in europe.

Heard some good and bad reviews, I got them and they helped me a lot but I don't lift that much (115kg squat max)

Deadlift is more reliant on form, you don't need a belt like you do for squat because the pressure isn't directly on your spine. Also you don't need to hitch that much m8, you'll blow your lower spine out.

you have no idea what hitching is if you think that lift was hitched.

I know, but I still squat 170kg for 5 without a belt and haven't had any injuries yet.

If you can pull it off without a belt, then you're in the clear, its just designed to potentially prevent injury is all, the problem is that people think a belt can compensate for bad form, which is completely false.

Yeah.
I'll be honest I think I'm quite lucky in that my spine seems quite good at not snapping. Some guys seem to get a herniated disc when they look at a barbell..

Maybe one day I'll fuck my shit up, but I feel like I will start using a belt before that day anyway, I can't imagine I can get much stronger naturally without a belt.

I've had my adipowers for over three years now and they still look brand new.

I don't wear them to the gym. I keep them in my bag and put them on when I'm setting up in the rack and then take them off before I leave the gym.

I've heard of people saying they break down really easily if you're walking on gravel.

You're only going to be wearing them for squats and the press, so the solution is to only wear them inside the gym.

Get the belt now and the shoes later. Don't be afraid to spend good money on each because both will last years.

belt is cheating
shoes are not
your choice

>its just designed to potentially prevent injury is all

The belt is not designed to prevent injury. This is an old broscience myth that needs to go away.

If your form is taking you to snap city, then it's going to happen with or without the belt.

Also to add, get a 13mm belt. If you get the urge to compete ever it's the max legal thickness and gives the most support.

You have literally no idea what you're talking about.

Both assist in removing physical limitations to your lift.

How is one cheating yet the other not?

What if you can't be fucked changing the shoes and do you accessories with it?
Would you ruin it?

>at 155 bodyweight
BUY FOOD

Are you doing your accessories inside the gym?