Boosting brain function

I feel as though my brain is probably fucked from all the years of chemicals and shit I've eaten.

Are there any supplements or foods or routines that can stimulate new brain cell growth? I've heard of people eating Omega-3s but I'm not sure on the legitimacy of the claims

Other urls found in this thread:

unz.com/isteve/hbd-and-diet-advice/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2344157
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/07315724.2016.1150796
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22932777
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26765633
fasebj.org/content/29/7/2681.full)
circ.ahajournals.org/content/134/5/378.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4067133
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3499967).
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23863036
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25604397
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/57/4/879
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26359136),
bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1741-7015-11-5),
youtube.com/watch?v=iirbZv33FYk
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3675303
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8443878
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17765904
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18842266
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fish oil may be a meme to whites

unz.com/isteve/hbd-and-diet-advice/

Yeah, I remember my mother gave me a book about eating specific to your blood type or something. But she follows all the health memes so I don't really trust anything. Last I heard she was eating phytoplankton lel.

yea that might also not work, but hey. I think that the race thing at least to some degree may be right. In food, about dietary cholesterol, there are these hyper-sensitives. Which may be just a race thing as well since eating eggs was a thing for thousands of years for europeans, just as drinking milk was.

But yea, to your specific question. I remember some very loose and shitty research thing by an uneducated pleb, that was redacted that consuming insanely high dosages of fish oil may be beneficial to army vets who received concussions and some other problems.

Though you could also get shrooms, they stimulate new connections.

Some antioxidants may also help a bit, shit I dont know, its a bit specific as to what you have.

that's for cardiovascular disease, not brain function and other things that it may help with (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2344157 tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/07315724.2016.1150796 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22932777 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26765633 fasebj.org/content/29/7/2681.full) or even recovery after ischemic insult (circ.ahajournals.org/content/134/5/378.full ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4067133 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3499967). but anyway, most of those "new" trials on cvd have serious caveats and limitations like under-dosing, not checking for oxidation (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23863036 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25604397 diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/57/4/879 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26359136), too short of a duration to see any benefit and/or starting too late during the disease process, giving subjects statins simultaneously which inhibit omega-3 bioavailability (bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1741-7015-11-5), confounding in the background diet (people eat more saturated fat, omega 6, pro-oxidants, and less fiber thinking the omega 3s are protecting them, which in turns lowers their omega 3 index, esp. in the non-blinded trials), and methodological errors in the statistical design of the meta-analyses. most of these problems are discussed in

youtube.com/watch?v=iirbZv33FYk

in essence, you can't bring a cup of water to a forest fire and expect a significant effect

also, those genetic variants in inuit/eskimo are mostly related to elongation and incorporation of omega 6 fats into their cell membranes. their diet has too little omega 6 so this is expected. furthermore, the few population studies on them (despite only having data from the semi-westernized era and being confounded by other poor lifestyle habits like breathing in smoke from fires, low fiber intake, meat processing and preservation, poor hygiene etc) don't really show they have any real cvd advantages. experimental models especially work in non-human primates has been a far bigger motivator for human research, eg ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3675303 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8443878 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17765904 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18842266

I asked a buddy about shrooms, but It's highly unlikely that I'd have access to them since its not really legal here.

So you think it may actually be beneficial then? what kind of Omega 3 would you suggest? Also I'm not sure what you meant by checking for oxidation.

Where are you from?
In America (and I believe in most places in Europe) it's extremely easy to order spores online (legal in most states) and grow a batch yourself, shroomery is a good site.

Canada, definitely not legal here.

Aerobic exercise helps makes pathways in your hippocampus so you can remember things more and handle stress better.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise

Any suggestions for an exercise routine every day? I feel like a tremendous faggot running down the street where people can see. So anything indoors is great as well.

You could just do insanity or run on treadmill.

uuuughh...I should just get a horse mask.

Or a hamster costume.

Lugol's Iodine. You are likely deficient in iodine.

You can't fool me gooby, Iodine is used on crime scenes, you expect me to drink that?

Amphetamine. It's a wonder drug desu.

FUCK
HE KNOWS

I honestly wasn't aware that iodine existed naturally. Would a defficiency show up on a blood test if they weren't specifically testing for it? doctors are pretty useless here unless you're within days of dying.

Make buckwheat a staple in your diet, I make pancakes out of the flour and it's a great meal. Tastes great with fresh fruit, feels great while digesting and as an energy source and God fucking damn the shits I have in the morning are amazing

Zinc
Magnesium
Potassium
Iodine
Fish Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy on your brain
PPQ+Ubiquinol
Intranasal Insulin
Modafinil when needed

You can't test for it IIRC, but I may be wrong

Oh shit, now that I think about it I did have some laser therapy a few years ago. Felt awesome for like 3 days afterwards but didn't have money to go back for more.

I take multivitamins sometimes when I remember. No idea if they're helping anything. I've got a possible neck injury that could be related, but short of the chiropractor dude who noticed it I have no idea how to deal with it through doctors. They don't seem to care about anything bu infections.

Ok, I've just ordered and I'm going to try Lugol's solution for awhile. I better fucking feel something, though. All I ever seem to gather is that our health and nutrition is getting worse and worse as time goes on.. but all of the health gimmicks of nutrients I'm missing I've bought into haven't done shit for me. No perceptible changes psychologically or physiologically. I really do wonder if all the fucking idiots buying shit like this are so CONFIDENT it's going to work that it's only a placebo for them. Then again you can imagine my confusion, it seems like something like Omega-3s or Iodine are integral and necessary micronutrients for robust biological health. Why don't I feel any different? (Of course I'll have to try the Iodine..)

I just feel like I'm fucking going insane. I know I'm a hypochondriac. Maybe I just haven't done enough of this shit. How many fucking micronutrients could I be deficient in? What combination of shit do I need and in what magnitude to fix my lack of energy, unhappiness, labor of thought, slow memory, forgetting words, slight autism, et cetera? Is gluten bad for me? Have I been eating too many processed foods for too long? Am I anemic? My mother is. Do I have it too? My great-uncle was schizophrenic, am I going to get it? Is my lack of nutrition increasing my risk of getting it? Have I already done irreversible damage to my body and mind with the way I've eaten my whole life?

I guess none of my questions will ever be answered accurately, succinctly, and all at once. If they did probably about half of the alternative nutrition industry (if I can call it that) and modern medicine would go out of business. But seriously, trying to fucking figure all this shit out scientifically and sorting fact from fiction is nauseating.

Naturally, our concern for our own health is the MOST contentious market imaginable.