You started lifting because of a girl, or what user?

You started lifting because of a girl, or what user?

I did and i continued to get her attention, she is now gone, so i try to lift my feels away.

What made you start lifting, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3644405/Obese-mother-drank-four-litres-Coke-day-says-realised-wasn-t-love-husband-dropped-half-body-weight.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was a skinnyfat borderline alcoholic and was sick of it.

yeah it was for a girl

A depression from a break-up and a shitty stay abroad.

I'm weak sauce and underweight

Not for a girl but because of one. Bitch.

I started lifting for girls' attention, continued because of a noticable increase in social accept, and carry on because I'm slowly becoming a narcissistic piece of shit, and I'm loving the fact that I now can somewhat get away with it.

For the Army.
Still depressed, though.
Also too chicken shit to an hero so i'm stuck.
W/e, just gotta keep lifting.

Same here

When the feels come I use the hatred / sadnees as fire to push the weight.

watched a guy die and I blamed myself for a while, started lifting to be able to prevent something like that happening in the future, I've come to terms with what happened now and it's just kind of routine

I don't
I starve myself for a guy I haven't met yet

I started lifting cuz it feels fucking great.

Judo did, but now I have a girlfriend and lift to keep her happy. She didn't really mind when I looked dyel, but she appreciates the work I put into looking at least somewhat athletic and fit.

I want to fit in.

I don't want to be fat anymore

I just wanted to be bigger and stronger than everyone and make people scared of me. No amount of mires or anything will ever be half as good as making eye contact when you walk past someone and seeing them immediately look down at their shoes.

Got raped by Diabeetuz, fucker turned me into a weight lifting pussy with body dysmorphya. Still cry at nights with my casein remembering the good old days of Cheetos and gaming, the bastard stole from me :((

nah, I was just out of shape and needed to do something. got tendinitis from going from sedentary to running every day so I had to find something else. started a brosplit for a few months and realized it wasn't working. then I gave SS a go, made sick gainzz and never looked back.

>Doing anything for a girl

I wanted to be happy with how my body looks. Women being more attracted to fit body is just a bonus.

Woah you are super macho man

I lift because I want to look like this

>started lifting for fun
>continued lifting for a girl
>relised I could do better
>released lifting was more fun than girls
I don't know how to feel about this

Sure a girl was involved. But not in the way you think. I needed a vent. Instead of ripping her head right off the shoulders I started lifting.

Sometimes I still wish I just murder suicided, desu. But it's the past now.

It was for girls in general. Then when I realized doing this only nets you damaged ugly girls, I switched gears. Now I lift to satisfy the fictional embodiment of my masculine ideal
>pic related

First for girls but then involved into impresssing other Veeky Forums bros
i tell myself im not gay everynight but somthing tingles every time
one of them comments on how much of an improvement i made
girl i was originally trying to impress started to look at me
but now i just ignore girls entirely

It's literally the only thing that quells my emotions. Shit sucks. I run a ton too because i need something to do on rest days when I'm feeling fucked up.

This, got some fat girl really attracted to me, but gingers are my weakness
so now im trying to get her /fit right now shes made some improvement so im happy

I lift for Him, lads

yfw she leaves you once she looks good. Better look out for an already healthy sample.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3644405/Obese-mother-drank-four-litres-Coke-day-says-realised-wasn-t-love-husband-dropped-half-body-weight.html

No friends, gf being cold, literally had nothing to do all day so i'd get bored to the point where i actually cry, gym is fun

This is the most hippy thing I'll ever say, but it's good to see there is some positivity here. Good on you for choosing such an outlet.

To protect my skeleton, until the time is ripe for it to shed it's mortal chains

Body image issues and suicidal depression.

no I didn't
I don't even talk to women
if you're seeing this world around you and you're still interested in women then you're either a fucking idiot or nigger tier degenerate who can't control his caveman urges

want to look better

being a 5'9" monkey-island-chink manlet twink with the face of a child is kind of shit, so might as well lift and shit

>also having some kind of routine helps keep you sane when there are frequently days where you want to off yourself

not for a girl.
But to have a better image of myself and because i like eating, if i didnt lift i would be fatter than i am right now.
i still don't have a good image of myself, thought.

Girlfriend broke up with me. Made me notice I was a little out of shape, so I started hitting the gym. After a few months she keeps trying to talk with me but fuck her.

I got my shit together and started working out and treating my body with the respect it deserved because I wanted a certain girl to like me and give me a chance.

>Date said girl three times.
>She doesn't like me.
>I realize she isn't special at all.
>Now I don't like her anymore and find her really annoying

But I realized that physical fitness can be for yourself AND whichever girl you want.

So ignore those feels and lift for YOURSELF and the girl who deserves to have you and be happy.

You will make it, user

I lift so I'm not useless in the event of civil war

The Army made me.

care to elaborate user?

It was kinda like the end seen of lord of the rings... Except I wasn't as strong as Sam...

Hated the way I looked.

Yeah it was for a girl
She left me, I wanted to prove her wrong I guess, thought the more attention I'd get from other females would help me forget her, but it didn't work, being with other people just make miss her more
I still think about her every single day. Now I just lift for myself I guess, but I guess I just really lift cause it's all I have now

I started lifting to look more intimidating, now i lift because it keeps me from killing my self.

I also like that people listen to me and believe whatever i say now, makes redpilling easier

highschool

small farm town with nothing to offer but a gym. all my friends started going and i wasnt interested. i was the only black friend in the group so they kept calling me "starvin' marvin" from south park.

so then i went and never turned back

never thanked them for that demotivating motivation lol.

Was it in Reno?

I know the feel, user. I don't feel like I'll ever be over her, even being with other people.

Everyone who lifts for girls is a pathetic failure, seriously, if you don't lift for the pure undiluted joy of seeing your body reach milestone after milestone with every other day after a heavy lifting session you're a beta-getting stronger, more flexible, better looking and joocier is all its about.

I started when I decided to go military last December

This as well, I wish I could just become super intimidating without roids but at best I'll be really big and quite intimidating but without gear nothing too exceptional

>What made you start lifting, user?
The premise of getting girls in general.

Too bad I suck at small talk.
I'm sure it'll work itself out eventually.

Nowadays I lift for the ideal of big tiddies.
>Reps for Artoria.

I do it because I like how I look with muscles and more strength.

start pinning

Always a two sport athlete and so lifting was just a part of training. Played lacrosse year round and was really committed to training for it. Now its something for me to do and I enjoy being in shape, it makes me feel good.

I want to be Vegeta.

My imaginary friend said she wanted me to have abs

It doesn't matter why people stayed. It only matters if and why you continue.

started, not stayed

Extra virgin manlet detected.

me too man

Quitting an opiate addiction, tired of hating myself and feeling like I'm slowly but surely destroying my body.

To be an operator

I actually did. But not to impress her.

It was a female friend of mine who spoke about her bf and his abs and muscles while biting her lip and basically I just wanted a girl to talk about me that way.
Also I saw a photo of me from that same night and my belly was looking particularly big which really made me say "right, this is it".

I read the sticky, started lifiting, lost 40lbs over about 8 months and never looked back.

Now, 5 years later I actually weigh the same as I did when I was a fatty, but have visible abs.

Of course, if your lifting had anything to do with your ex then the activity was tied to the thought of your ex, meaning you engaged in a battle you could only loose.

Started lifting for the wrestling season in highschool, during like junior/senior year started get mad amounts of attention from bitches and just continued ever since

fictional goal body

Why is she gone bruh?
Maybe because you only focused on lifting and not all other aspects in life girls care about?

I'm the computer guy and I started for my health specially for my posture.

I've been trying to get Veeky Forums since I was 15 and everyone kept saying how really skinny I was. I curled my mum's 5kg dumbbells over and over and over and did like 1000 push ups.

Literally wasted years doing stupid ineffective shit.
Feels good to finally not be skinny though, even if it did take ages to get right

Girl dumped me, got sad, started lifting to ease my mind.

She is now with another guy and seems happy, probably doesn't have any feelings for me,

I continue to lift for myself now - started to feel more confident and respect my body and I just want to continue going this way.

I found out I had an older brother who died in childbirth. Being an only child that's quite depressing to hear and it fucked with me.

Now days when I lift I feel like I'm lifting for two.

me too, i wanted to become a goat programmer but didnt want to be "that nerd"
kinda works

This fucker get its.

Because of dragon ball

Started lifting to get a specific girl and that didnt work, managed to get lucky and get a gf anyway so i stopped lifting
Missed lifting so i started again and she left me for another guy, two years later and my datinglife has gone to shit and sex life is practically dead

Lifting was my biggest mistake i think, it fucked me over bigtime

I started lifting to help me get dem broads. Still isn't working because I also need to work on my autismal awkwardness. It has boosted my confidence though as I am no longer a hungry skelly. It has built into my routine and I've started to love it.

This is the only correct answer.

I did it to become stronger than my abusive father. He always came home from work drunken and hit her for no reason. He did this for like 10 years. When i was 16 i decided to fuck him up someday. He even helped me get stronger and bigger,even with his iwn barbell und dumbbels. becaus he always forgot what he did the day after. Some day he said something like " but youre not doing it to beat the shit out of me right?" the it snapped to me and i know that he knew what he was doing. The next time he got drunk, hit her, and disrupted me and my buddy chilling and playing ps2 i manned up and finally beat his ass. Aftet that he never dared to touch her, disrupt me or do anything else. R. I. P.. Futon bed, i slammed him onto the corner and it broke. May you be forever be remembered, though you gave me the best sleep of my life.

I started because both parents are overweight, and because older brother and some friends are into fitness and I want to be more like them than my parents.

that socrates quote about young men never knowing what their body is capable of and desire to be physically superior to my peers

Amen.

one of my best friends was an insecure fatty, and he turned into an insecure dad-mode. realized he actually doesn't want to get any thinner and went full beast mode. medium sized gut with huge muscles.
now has a crossfitter girlfriend who's also strongfat and they're really happy together.
don't know why I'm telling you this.

first almost gf (had a few dates and hung out a bit studying and kissed once) didnt ever say anything about me being a skelly, but she was a big runner and runners arent big. after it ended i realized that if i was healthier weight id be more attractive to girls since im really happy with my social skills/inner confidence but not my weight.

i just started lifting a couple months ago, gone from 117-128. but the first goal is to just not be skelly. another 12lb of gains to be considered potentially not underweight for 5'8

Got cheated on. Felt like shit. Hated myself. Now I'm cutting and lookin fine with bitches 'mirin. Feels amazing

I started lifting because I was really tall and really skinny so I shrunk a size in clothes, but when I wore my actual size (which ended up being extra small at the worst) the bottom was too short.

I've never been loved by a woman. Never even held a girls hand.
First it was for girls in general, then it was for the Polish girl I went to school with, then I got over her and now I don't even lift. I just exercise to get ready for recruit training next month.

My friend asked me to come with him, so I did.
Figured it might complement on my muay thai training.

Why are we here? Just to suffer?

/Thread

That's fucking Veeky Forums in a nutshell

Do you play haloonline? Free and fun as shit, just like the glory days of halo 3 Xbox live

There was some other quote about a guy beating your ass and taking your bitch if this were more primal times

I had gummy worms for arms desu

I started lifting because I wanted more female attention
Now I lift because I like making numbers go up and I because I want to be better than everyone else

Good luck man. I wanna be SOST surgeon myself

was weak as fuck and got disrespect for it

now my brain doesn't even register that bullshit anymore because the numbers go up, every day is a victory. plus the grind is just like in my RPG games, but I get real strength level-ups nigga

Bullied for being skinny

Because i was a skinny kunt. But now im lifting to enlist in the army rangers and kill some isis scum.

>I thought there was going to be a European war at the outbreak of Euromaidan.

I started lifting as an exchange student in the UK (originally from Poland).

>Returned to Poland to find the situation calm down.

Still went to gym because I started to get positive attention.

>Then the terrorist attack sprees began to happen. This made me push for even more.

Ultimately gave up on trying to LARP a battlefield Conan and just lifted for my new gf to whom I'm married now and awaiting twins.

I now lift for them.

Started because I don't want to be 280lbs anymore with 35% body fat. More for a social reason for me I just want to fit in really