Has anyone honestly made money off of crypto? The process doesn't make much sense to me...

Has anyone honestly made money off of crypto? The process doesn't make much sense to me, and i've never invested in anything before. Everyone can't be making $100k on every investment like what the posts here claim, right? Someone has to lose, isn't that how an economy works?

I've made 400 into 2k and that really isn't that impressive I've fucked up alot along the way..my bp is a bit higher nowadays too

No, not a single person has ever made money off of crypto. And the people buying BTC at 4900$ are buying them from Satoshi himself, it's not like they are buying them from someone who owns and sells them.

But seriously, I have also made a lot of bad investments during the past few months, but as long as I'm keeping most of my portfoilo in BTC, I'm making money.

Also 99.9% of people claiming $100k gains are larping.

>funding on exchanges
>seemingly eternal bull market in eth and btc
>trading large spreads on etherdelta shitcoins
>pnd shitcoins
>flip shitcoin icos
>making literally any kind of functioning application that can charge fees

it's free money

It's just like stocks or fiat money, it's all on paper, as long as everybody is not cashing out then it can sustain. as soon as there is a run on the bank then that's when shit hits the fan, but that's true with all markets.

This guy has it right.
Just treat it like regular trading, the returns are for the moment way more than any regular market, way more volatile. I may not have made 100k but the return on investment have been stupendous. Buy and HODL.

Haha not a single person has made money off crypto. Stay salty retard.

I've taken off where this guy left off and made $2k into about $40k.

Yes, I'm currently down $75 so someone must have made money from me

You are an idiot. Go back and read it, find if I mean that. If you think I do, then go back and read again. Repeat until you are dead. Or go ahead and just kys.

yes,not not as much as i should have i didn't fuck up. i've lost money on trades and mistakes, but i have made money.
made $25k on trumpcoin, for real.

It's true. Just pick a fundamentally solid coin and your gains will come. I invested 9k into eth back in March. I made 90k easily by flipping profits into other small cap coins. It wasn't hard at all. The volatility may be tough for some to stomach but if this is money you can afford to lose...you can make tons.

dont underestimate the amount of people that trade crypto

if you gain 100 usd there are only a 100 people that need to lose 1 USD each you understand ?
lets asume there are 1 mil crypto users and al there users bought in with 1k that would make a total of 1 billion USD

you see how quickly this adds up ? and dont forget there are people who gamble their mortage on things like this and lose

Nocoiners lose. You just dont notice yet

When crypto tops 5 trillion. Fiat currencies will start to inflate and then hyperinflate into oblivion as society makes the switch to a crypto society.

Sounds like you are backpedaling when you realised how pathetic you sound because you're a bad trader. Stay salty user.

It will continue to grow as long as new money continues to come in to it. Not everyone is making 100k on every investment, no, but given enough time people should see profits far exceeding the normal market as long as people are buying, as in traditional markets.

I started with $5k in June and currently have $27k. I initially made a series of errors that brought my portfolio down to $2k. So, obviously extreme volatility and stupidity can wreck your investment, but with the right moves, you can also see massive returns.

I was thinking about this today; it would seem someone has to "lose", but thats not necessarily the case.

>buy BTC at $2000
>price goes to $3000, ive made 50% gains.
>New people start investing at $3000
>market cap keeps growing, more people start investing every day.
>price goes to $4000
>....repeat

But yea, im sure a lot of people lose money by being retarded. At this point its so early in the game though that unless you buy a complete shit coin or sell low you're fine.

I do feel like we're in a mini bubble though; The ICOs are ridiculous and a lot of people will lose money from them. Also, as i've been learning more about crypto im realizing the "speculation" thing isnt a meme; The technology is really not where it needs to be for mass/practical adoption and everyone is basically just promising things that may be years away. Good in one part because it means we are pretty early, but this shit can crash hard if we hit too many bumps along the way.

I lost...

After 4 months, I've lost 400 out of the 1200 i invested

5k into 35k here :)

in the last 7 days.

how the fuck do you do it exactly?

clearly you never fell for the hodl XDDDD meme like I did

The only coin I made serious bank off of was ETH. Made exactly 100 grand after infesting 6 grand when it was 25 a token.

Wish I knew which ICOs would moon or I could have multiplied that as well. I heard even OMG is still 30x it's original ICO price.

I feel like this can only happen if your really fucking greedy and not really paying attention.

I started with 5,800 USD and dropped to 2,800 USD.

2.8 -> 6 with eBTC
6 -> 15.5 with INXT
15.5 -> 35 with ETP

Why wait for a coin to 8x over a month when you can do three separate 2x events in a week?

Literal gambling

How did you know to pick those coins?

Honestly I feel like 80% of it was luck. The other 20% is being unemployed and having ALL DAY to read Veeky Forums, ethtrader, coinmarketcap, etc.

DON'T ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS, IRS TROLLING AND GATHERING DATA FOR LATER REGULATION AND TAX

Nice. I'm trying to get into this but it seems like once the information gets to you (like a coin gets popular) it may be too late to make any money. People mostly get hyped about coins when they have already shot up. It's hard to find them early.

if you see this post while scrolling you must reply "thank you snazzy joker" or else health ledger will kiss u in your sleep
thank you snazzy joker

Made 3K in my first month from a $800 dollar investment, the simple truth is the more you risk the higher the reward also it takes brains to make it, patience is key. The dude that showed me was a retard, after my first month I learned so much when i ran in to him i was telling him what to buy. He was investing on some scam shit coin i was like Jesus dude no wonder your f poor retard

exactly, this and learn to buy the dips sell the highs wait for the pull backs to, Crypto saved my ass two times already was short on rent and there was my investments took out a bit at the tops was so grateful

its more like 99% luck. I made 8x this past year without making a single trade because i didnt want to pay long term capital gains on like a 10% profit

holy f not again you lil bastards stop jacking it I should really stop posting these type of pics after that i get no replies from /biz dam kids

i see it as strategic luck I mean are you going to go full retard do no research and pick a shit coin that is not even on the top 20 or even 30? you have to have some sort of strategy to increase your odds, NEO is the one that made me have several thousand in the market right now and paid my rent 2 times with it

I think a big thing people disregard is getting out at the right time. I'm sure people fuck that up constantly

yes it happened to me in the first huge all time high when I think Neo hit $50 i was a noob got fucking greedy as fuck and did not realize how fast it can tumble. Also bought in to the HOLD meme. F that i see that if you play it right and smart you can sell and buy back when the coin tumbles increasing your stack each time but patience is key

yep , 4x my investment since two month

I started with 60k and have made over 600k, I made 250k with DGB alone (thought I was going to be a milionaire, got out at 1900 sats during the crash from 2600... the day my dreams of lambo died)

It's really not hard, when you see good investments, invest a lot of your BTC.

My formula is 30-50k for risky coins, 10-20k for safer coins. You need to take risks if you want to succeed, but know when to get out too. EX) I held GNT for 6 months... made $30 lol

Funding on exchanges has such low rates it's literally a waste of time.
Any stock index fund will give you a larger return on investment.
If you are actually profiting, HOW?

yes as i noted if you risk high the rewards are high as well, i mean unless you get extremely lucky buy a ICO or new coins dirt cheap like a few cents and Hold until it truly moons then you will have serious gains

I've turned 4k into 8k since June. I know it's not much but doubling your money is faster growth than any other investment field out there.

Nope. Nothing to see here. Go back to plebbit.

>hurr durr why does anyone trade swaps, what a scam