Are you stronger than your dad Veeky Forums? Is so, what age did you get there?

Are you stronger than your dad Veeky Forums? Is so, what age did you get there?

dad passed away last year

Around 20 I noticed he was slowing down. I think I was stronger than him even before he got sick.

I started lifting when I was 18 and now two years later, I think I've just about caught up

nope. my dad lifted when he was younger.
I've seen him lift car engine/washing machine by himself

Yeah, but I'm sure he can still kick my ass.

i started lifting at 24 but be more stronger than my father since my 17 (he experience it badly but don't want to recognize it... cant blame him)

god no, my dad was a beast. Nationally ranked wrestler in HS, and kept lifting until he was in his 40's.

Never got to show him anything more than my noob gains

>dad started coming to the gym with me
>tried to teach him to lift
>gradually stopped doing any of the exercises I was doing
>Now just goes on the treadmill and does a set of curls at the end

>tfw you finally become stronger than your dad
>years of him being this inifitely strong constant in your life have passed and you are the man of the house now

>tfw you realize that it isn't only because you are getting stonger
>tfw you relalize it's because he is getting older and weaker too

>tfw your dad isn't invincible after all

Not even close, my dad was weightlifting in the 70s and powerlifting in the 80s.
He grew up on a farm lifting hay and became a mechanic so he had insanely large and defined arms.
There was no way to compete, at 5 years old he was already doing chores that most adults now days would consider full time job worthy.
I was playing vidya like an autistic faggot.
Early development plays such an important role.

I'm definitely stronger, but we have very different skills and interests regarding athletics. He used to box when he was my age, still runs and does heavy bag work but hasn't hit a moving target in years. He also likes cycling a lot.

I'm a very basic fighter myself, since I focused more on swimming, lifting, and lots of hiking. I suppose I COULD take on my dad if we ever fought, but it'd be a weird match given our physical differences.

Oh, and I'm 20.

>dad isn't invincible after all

I know that feel user. It really seemed like he was when I was younger, but now I notice him becoming slower, worse eye sight, hearing, etc.

Around 20-21. He stopped lifting, I started.

(But then he started again. Squatted 275x5x3 and pulled 315x5 at 59. Not as strong as me, but nice work.).

>your dad is becoming old
>it's taking him longer to get up from chairs
>his face is getting wrinklier
>he doesn't work out as much as he used to
>he's looking smaller and smaller each day
I wish he'd retire already, he deserves some rest and good life

This is one of the hardest things I've had to come to grips with. I've only got one grandparent left now. My parents are in their early 60s and slowing down physically. My dad is certainly healthy but he's not strong anymore. He's had severe knee issues since his 40s and elbow issues since his late 20s. He cycles and does some rowing stuff but almost all strength training is a no go. His doctors rightly recommend against it as he'd be way too prone to injury. As a result he's no where near as strong as I remember him being as a child. He never lifted (that I knew of) but he was always active and did a lot of stuff that made him not look dyel. He's getting old and it sucks. I only ever see him during holidays since he lives in another state. Every time I do his hair is a little grayer and his frame a little smaller. I know statistically speaking he's got another 20, maybe even 30 years given our family history. But it's hard knowing that he's going to grow old and frail just like everyone else.

Not yet. Dad was a bodybuilder during early adulthood and has had manual labor jobs all his life. He might not be as strong as he was 30 years ago, but he's still pretty stronk.

One day I may.

>Never got to show him anything more than my noob gains

Damn user, that has to hurt. Not having the time to make him proud about that. Mine is still there, and I do think I passed the noobgains stage, but I still have ways to go, and I do want him to see how I become

My dad is a pile of ashes so yes.

He did gymnastics and played soccer semi professionally at my age though, he was probably much stronger than me. Its okay though, I started boxing so I'll be able to hypothetically kick his ass one day.

>fuck i miss you pops

Not yet. He surfs and worked manual labor for most his life. I would have to get very big to be stronger than him, I might never be strong than him in his prime.

He was a boxer, a judo instructor, and a gymnastics instructor. I don't think he was big on lifting, so I'm sure I passed his peak this year.

Thinking about it now its tragic and terrifying, watching him today on his 81st birthday, ravaged for 30+ years by parkinsons disease. He's a pathetic, frail, wisp of a man and over the years I stopped considering him my father as some kind of shitty coping mechanism. I looked at him like a god when I was a little kid and now he is a burden. Fuck man getting old sucks.

Shit no. I may be a fat fuck, but my dad is incredibly strong
He has spent all his life working at a farm, and is built as fuck. Nowadays his job involves researching genetic improvement for cows, and he still gets called whenever they need some rough strength in the field
Not only that, for the past two years he decided he would be a runner, and now runs about 30k every week at age sixty
It is gonna be tough, but I am gonna make it somehow

My dad is 6'3 ex navy F-14 rio. He was even an extra in Top Gun....

My mom is 5'1....

I averaged out at 5'9. 145 pounds, but lean, trim, fit.

I doubt that I can lift as much, but I know that my endurance and speed is much better. I also do a lot more stretching than he ever did.

He broke his knee a few months ago.... I can't imagine being 6'3 and having to lug 230 pounds of weight around with a broken bone. I used to want to be taller, but I think I'm going to age into my body more gracefully.

tl;dr no and i'm making excuses.

Pic for reference. He's a good old timer.

>mfw ellen degeneres's cracked out twin posts on Veeky Forums

>19
>go to gym for ~3months
>mom says I look incredible
>way bigger than my father ever was
>howthefuckeven.jpg
>tells me my father only went once a week
>did cardio and machines
>warns me to not get too big
>"maybe you should only go once a week too"
>"you're already strong enough"

I think I'm quite stronger than me old man.

But there is always this "father power" in dads - they may look DYEL and scrawny, but their fucking hands are like some industrial crusher shit.

>I averaged out at 5'9. 145 pounds, but lean, trim, fit.
mate youre a skelly. 145 at 5'9" is small as fuck.

I literally warm up with more than twice your body weight on squat

sounds like your mom wants that dick

Yes, 15. Much stronger

When I was around 24-25 I left him behind for good. I'm 6 inches taller, martial arts back ground, and I lift weights. I can out cardio him as well these days.

He's got a stocky German type build and is quite naturally strong, but he loves long distance running even though he has the worst build possible for it. I kind of admire him for that.

Doubt it my dad was in the military during the border wars and I assume he saw and did some shit because he suffered from PTSD during my kindergarten years.

hell yeah, 19 now, fuck that guy

I feel like i'm a skelly too as i'm 5'9 150, but i'm also roiding and DL 540

>Physically?
No but getting Closer as he gets older

>Mentally?
Nowhere near
I-I love you dad

I'm strong than he is now, but he was an amateur bodybuilder when he was in college and was a little above 2/3/4/5 for reps

do you get to fuck your mum after becoming head of the house?

My dad worked forty years in construction so he has some gains from those. He did some lifting while young and played icehockey. The problem for him is, that he is 192 cm tall. So his back and joints are fucked from decades of physical labour. After his hip surgery he changed to a less physicaly stressful job, so his gains have been dwingling down. I have been trying to encourage him to exercise more and he almost sixty, so I want him to be more healthy when he retires.. I don't want him to end up like his father, my grandpa.
As a kid my grandpa seemed like a superhero. Tall, huge man with full beard. He did also worked in construction and was very skilled with his hands. Build two summerhouses for him and my grandma. But he was never big on exercising and always quite overweigth. Now he is 85 and his body is quite busted and he moves very poorly. Which is very hard for him for he has always been a very mobile person, driving around the country on his two summer cabins. At twenty I am in best shape of my whole life. I hope I can, in some be a role model for my in the field of physical exercise.

First time I beat my dad in an arm wrestle was at 19 after 2 years of lifting. It was just barely and we were in stalemate for maybe 2 minutes, honestly more taxing than any pr attempt.

My Dad had lifted for maybe 10 years from 18 to 30 but gave up and focused on his job when he got a knee injury from a car crash. He makes near £100,000 with huge benefits a year and is married to an amazing and devoted woman despite now being around 300lbs so he has made it in life.

Honestly, My Dad's charisma and success in his relationship with my Mother is what I strive and aim to copy in my life.

>dad isn't invincible anymore

Mine never was. He was berating, demeaning, constantly wanting help from my 12 y/o self and insulting when my hands started hurting during yard work or when I would wipe them from dirt because he thought I was "afraid of getting dirty". Now he mocks me for working out, saying that it's "not natural" to drink protein shakes and that all of my effort is vanity manifest.
I spent my childhood and young adulthood with a man who never really tried to bond with me or my brother, who constantly criticises and berates my mother and who to this day acts like it's his god-given right to be adored by his family. Yes, he worked his ass off and I respect him for it. No, I'm not grateful to him for being the primary cause of my insecurities and bad self-esteem, for being the force that threatens to break our house or for being an infantile prick personality-wise.

I love him for how he confronted his responsibilities, not for how he treated us.

So yeah, I didn't really answer the post I linked to. I guess I just needed to get this shit off my chest.

i beat my dad at 14 when he was 2x my wheight yeah im stronger

My Dad benches 110kg for 10

So no

At least he does something to keep himself healthy.

Got there in weightlifting at age 14. Maybe 17 for a real fight. Too bad I got put in jail for the weekend when I kicked that old fag down the stairs.

This made me feel. I love my dad.

My dad works manual labour from 6 AM in the morning to like 8 PM, pretty much every day, and has been doing so for like 40 years or so.
Maybe Im stronger than him in power, but endurance, no way.

Take his 5 inch long dad dick up your ass, cum sniffer

Anybody who never embraced the Oedipus complex will forever be cucked. The only way out is acknowledging it but realizing your mother is an old used up roastie with fart flaps and you can get a woman better than her.

This is actually scientific.

>implying I don't already

When I was about 17 I think. Dad's a weak cunt. Smart as hell though and has provided well for us all so I'm very appreciative.

Yeah my dad's a pussy

>Dad teaches me to play tennis
>All my life improve and train just so I can beat him
>The day finally comes when I win against him in a set
>Realize it's because he's old and not the athlete he once was
>Instead of being mad at losing, he says he's proud of me

It's a strange kind of feel

He was a hotrod driving high-school wrestler stud in the 60s. It doesn't matter. I lose either way. I'm a pussy he isn't.

to achieve dad strength you have to become a father yourself

I don't think this is fair really, ask yourself are you stronger that your dad in his prime.

but you need to get over your "hate"(or whatever is the right word) and realize he's just a human

user, not everyone can afford to retire, support him as much as you can as he as done onto you.

user, are you sure he didn't let you win/not want to murder or cripple a 14 year old?

Not even close, he is old school carpenter who carries logs around like nothing and he always filled with berserker rage (idk why maybe life hits him hard), he probably kill me with one punch.

No fucking moonshot chance, the guy was an animal.

He was a damn good wrestler in highschool/college then became a wilderness guide for 20 years. I think I'm gaining on him but who knows if that counts as he's getting up there a bit.
>tfw you're 3" taller and noticeably larger than your pops but he can still pick you up over his head.

Yes, @ 16.
>mothers family branch full of tall and strong men
>father is weak manlet
>6'2 and wide FRAME and was stronger than average from rowing even when i did not lift in my teens

>dad only does cardio
>5'11'' at most
>I'm 6'2''
WHEN WILL THEY LEARN
Having said that he has no reason to go gym, he likes to sit on his ass at home and develop software, he's pretty happy where he is.

My dad has really strong forearms from decades of manual labor, but the rest of his body is pretty DYEL. I honestly doubt I'll be able to reach his grip strength, even after lifting for years.

On lifts? Yeah

But when it comes to doing any kind of manual work with him he has that bullshit dad strength

Thinking about this is going to fucking make me cry. God damn it.

My dad was career military. Voluntarily joined the infantry during Vietnam. I remember him running for miles, doing loads of push-ups, multiple sets of 25 pull-ups, and all that back when he was 40 and I was about to come out of single digits.

He just turned 60 this year. He still exercises every morning. I think he does about 70 pushups a day straight out of bed, as well as crunches and walking. But his knee injury is getting to him. He had to spend a few days in the hospital for kidney and pancreas problems. He's as old now as my first memories of my grandparents. He's more fragile than he used to be. This happens to everyone. It'll happen to me, and it'll happen to you. But damn, I'm sure as hell not used to it and it can be hard to come to terms with.