Hey fit, how do you deal with calusses...

hey fit, how do you deal with calusses? I'm a beginner- almost intermediate lifter with intermediate level knowledge and it's seriously limiting a lot of my lifts. Not like I can't increase the weight, but it hurts to even grasp a dumbbell with a grAted surface.

I know, don't be a pussy but I've got a very high pain tolerance and this shit is really really painful haha. Any tips? Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k6YoMEPO3ck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

idk you just get used to it over time. Your skin gets hard and it stops being hurt

youtube.com/watch?v=k6YoMEPO3ck

thank guys I'll check this out.

they'll harden over time and stop annoying you, don't worry.

You enjoy them. Feel your skin tear and grow stronger like your muscles. bathe in the glory of callous hands.

Make sure you're holding the bar in your fingers when you pull as opposed to your palm.

Pee on your hands.

wear gloves

Gloves?

wow,you're bitches
this guy knows whats up.

You arent holding the bar properly

Chalk helps.

I use a nail file after showering. The hardened skin remains, but I can get rid of the part that bubbles up and grows. That way I never rip my calluses.

OP here and yeah I'm not trying to wear gloves.

quit being a fucking faggot

how should I be holding it? and it only really gets more than slightly painful when I'm holding Dumbbells and doing shit like hammer curls

you're honestly right lmaoo

I did nothing but rub my foreskin for the first 18 years before I touched a barbell and I didn't have a problem

Stop being a bitch

Watch rippetoe holding the bar on a pull like the deadlift

Holding it in the fingers the first few sessions is going to be shit. Afterwards my grip strength exploded and i can double overhand 135 kg with ease

that "grated" texture on metal is called a "knurl". This isn't important, just FYI.

Rub white spirit/surgical spirit/(pure) alcohol on your hands

That picture is missing the famous "Chinese torture bar", traditionally fabricated by haphazardly gouging up serrated ridges of metal and a favorite of cheapo gyms worldwide.

Put your hand on a hot plate and burn the nerve endings on your palms - works a charm

You are holding the bar wrong.

shave, yes shave them off.

Stop holding the bar wrong

Idk... Have you tried not being a little bitch?