When did you realize that WW2 resistances were a fucking joke?

When did you realize that WW2 resistances were a fucking joke?

>twice as many citizens killed

Mate, it's easy to fight a resistance if you practice unrestricted warfare.

Anyways the only relevant resistant groups were the Dutch, Polish, and French.

As well as the Chinese and Korean if you want to include Pacific theatre.

>Dutch
completely irrelevant
>Polish
Warsaw Uprising was a complete failure and all it managed to achieve was that there was no one left in 1945 to oppose the soviets
>French
despite being memed here on Veeky Forums, they had an impact on stalling German Panzers to arrive after D-Day and fucked with their logistics behind the lines, so I guess they're the only ones who did something of any worth

French had Brittish and probably American support, Serbs had nothing. They probably charged at tanks with pistols or shovels.

>dutch resistance
>irrelevant
they sabotaged many phone lines and railways of the nazis, and also played major part in the liberation of Netherlands

Not to mention they saved 300k people by hiding them including: Jews, Allied airmen, and dutch draft age people.

They didnt save Anne Frank so fuck them

>despite being memed here on Veeky Forums, they had an impact on stalling German Panzers to arrive after D-Day and fucked with their logistics behind the lines, so I guess they're the only ones who did something of any worth
they were also organized and supplied by the British
It's hard for civilians to fight armies

>It's hard for civilians to fight armies
VC seem to did alright against amerimutts

>245.000
I wonder if partisan casualties were added to the holocaust death count

I think most of them were killed by Ustase during their murder spree's, so probably

>most of them were killed by Ustase
>so probably
Probably not*
FTFY

>the only country to liberate themselves and tell west/stalin to fuck off
>a joke

>Tito wins
>Yugoslavia becomes that rare truly independent nation
Goddamn imagine if the AK had won.

>liberate themselves
This is a meme. The Soviets liberated Belgrade. The Germans only left Yugoslavia because they were defeated in the east, not because they feared the Serb warriors.

"Marshal Tito kept 25 Nazi-Fascist divisions occupied in Yugoslavia, and if even 10 could be diverted to either El Alamein or Stalingrad, the course of the war would have changed"

-Zlatko Baloković in his speech "How Important is Tito?"

Forgive me, the quote isn't 100% correct, but I'll attach the pic of the speech I took so you can have a look (I'm on mobile currently).

See pic, area liberated by Partisans in September 1944. How is that not a successful resistance?

>hurr ebil s*rbs cant do nuffin coz i dont lixe em

>french resistance
>relevant
>even though the French police force outnumbered German occupiers in France

The French resistance is a political cop out so the French can pretend they weren't satisfied with the new old order.

Look up what a meme actually is.

You liberated hills and woods, good on you.

The VC were utterly destroyed during the Tet offensive, after they were replaced entirely by NVA regulars.

Here (you) go kurvo

>not a single major population center under their control
this should tell you something

and the Germans had like 20 division in Norway
Occupying countries takes manpower, who the fuck knew?
those division were stationed there because Germans feared an Allied invasion taking at Balkans. They had already landed at Italy, not because of some meme partisans who did jack shit except getting their civilian population killed in reprisals

I'm somewhat of a ouiaboo but if we're being honest the french had no chance of liberating Paris. You could definitely argue their relevancy though

Don't kill the messenger, friend. I didn't say it, Baloković did. He was a Croatian violinist who had a major hard-on for Tito.

So how many ressources was Germany able to extract during the occupation and how long would they have sustained without those? I mean, Norway occupied many german soldiers, but without norwegian oil the war would have ended even earlier.

Also, in hindsight the Nazis would have lost anyway, even if they would have defeated the USSR, because the USA got nukes, and Germany wasn't even remotely close to that kind of technology.

This

See that's the problem, the North Vietnamese were declared defeated and incapable of any offensive action before the Tet Offensive

It's one thing to save common people, but they saved jews? Truly they were the best partisans, thank you for this specific detail

Hitler kept way to many divisions in Norway since he feared an invasion, he kept soldiers in the Balkans since they fought back when he genocided them.

Just because you carry an AK and wear pajamas doesn't mean you're not part of an army.

Why arent serbian chetniks presented on the axis side too?

And Yugoslav Partisans did a good job, better then most for sure

Firstly, only Serbia was liberated by the Soviets. Secondly, Yugoslav partisans were multi-ethnic and led mostly by commoe Croats while Serbs fighted for the restoration of the monarchy

But serbs literally were the most irrelevant ethnic group in ww2 yugoslavia

>needed the soviets to liberate their shit country
>chetniks got btfo by both partisans and ustase seperately

Partisans were mostly Croats and they were led by a Croat Tito

serbs=partisans
>retarded bambino
they mostly joined when the war was already won, it was just a matter of time

You literally have Tito's statements where he says most of partisans were Serbs.
Early in the war, overwhelming majority of partisans in Croatia were Serbs. Later, more ethnic Croats joined, but Croats were never the majority.
I have no idea how can someone believe he can utter such a retarded and unsourced statement on a history board.
War in Yugoslavia was mostly a civil war with collaborators.
And those German numbers are too low, IIRC a German historian recently checked the archives and revised that number upward.

Here's one example, of a partisan group from 1943, Eastern Group of VI Corps, Croatia:
>2199 partisans
>1332 Serbs
>704 Croats
And that's late 1943. Early on, Serb percentage was even higher.
Later, numbers swelled by chetnik defections, and Croatian numbers too with defections from Home Guard.

Not that much of a joke when the G*rms executed entire villages because some inhabitants were rebels.

Also, from Battle of Sutjeska:
>22,148
>Serbs: 11,851
>Croats: 5,220
>Montenegrins: 3,225
Since Montenegrins are literally Serbs, you can see ratio was 3:1 in favour of Serbs.

btw, allies and soviets didn exactly that too. It was fucking wartime and nowhere in teh world are partisans and their villages treated differently.

t.Ante_Horvat

Chemical weapons are not much less effective than newx. They are called WMD for reason.

The Germans should have concentrated on exterminating S*rbs.

There was no Partisans in Serbia trough thw whole war. And the ratio isn't suprising since you have more people on general, doesn't vhange the fact it was starzed in croatia, by croats and thst the leader tito was a croat

There were partisans in Serbia but they were driven out.
>what is Užice Republic

Lol no they werent, and just cuz your contradicting conventional historical thought doesnt make you cool

The main thing they did was tie down tonnes of axis troops away from the frontlines, which in and of itself was basically a sufficent contribution. I like that you use yugoslavia as an example cuz theyre basically the only one that actually militeraly defeated the wermacht and liberated their homeland with minimal outside assistance.

Other goups main contributions were fucking up nazi logistics and providing the allies with tonnes of intellegence. This was super valubale on d day and also in slowing the wermacht down in russia in 41-42.

Resistance made the war a hell of a lot easier for the allies and the germans autistic reactions to it (killing loads of innocent civilians) basically made it more effective

wasn't the norwegian resistance significant

>that actually militeraly defeated the wermacht and liberated their homeland with minimal outside assistance
That's not true though. They had a lot of help, they benefited from the Italian collapse, and they certainly didn't defeat the wermacht.

Yeah, i guess grandpa's uncle publicly hung himself for being a commie.

>The main thing they did was tie down tonnes of axis troops away from the frontlines, which in and of itself was basically a sufficent contribution.

I don't know man, but unless the germans were complete retards, occupying the countries must have had a net benefit to them or else they wouldn't have done it. It's not like the Germans didn't know that they could use every single man on the eastern front. Germany exploited the occupied countries, so at the end of the day despite having to pay for the occupation it was probably still a net benefit to them.

even if it was a net benefit do you honestly think the benefit wouldn't have been higher if they didn't have to station so many troops there

If it was indeed a NET BENEFIT, than literally no. At the end of the day, Germany needed all these ressources from the occupied countries, or else there eastern campaign would have collapsed much sooner.

>If it was indeed a NET BENEFIT, than literally no.
you're literally retarded
spend 10 dollars to make 100 dollars = net benefit
spend 90 dollars to make 100 dollars = net benefit

the calculated cost is them not being at the eastern front ya goofus.

well if we go by that we also have to bring up the calculated benefit of keeping partisans from opening up other warfronts on germany

Fafa did three years in a concetration camp to fight the Nazis who invaded Denmark.

Spent the last years of his life berating anyone supportive of brown people in his country and fighting to keep the Kroner the kroner not the Euro.

The resistance was a mistake.