What's your excuse for eating this shit when it's proven to cause terrible health problems like cancer and heart...

What's your excuse for eating this shit when it's proven to cause terrible health problems like cancer and heart disease?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die
aslo.org/lo/toc/vol_17/issue_2/0315.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Some people are babies that can't stop eating things they like even if it'll kill them

I've never before had the chance to ask before being told:

Are you vegan?

Can we make this into a meme that we can spam on these shitty bait vegan threads?

What's your excuse for thinking I need to excuse myself for exercising my right to freedom of choice?

doesnt give you cancer. poor eating habits does. eating meat and eating healthy can be the same thing you fucking faggot

i don't hate it but I don't sperg out about it like Reddit does

The whole "fuck vegetarianism" movement is arguably more cringeworthy than actual vegetarianism

honestly holding extreme emotional viewpoints over food is a red flag for autism

You're an idiot

would you eat people if it was also a social norm

i would

>citation needed

>poor eating habits does.

Like having a diet high in red meat

ok well dont eat like a fucking caveman. eat it once or twice a week

hat's your excuse for breathing when literally everyone who's inhaled nitrogen has died?

Because It tastes good. I'll increase my chances of cancer a little bit if it makes my life a whole lot happier

I can only answer this by making assumptions about the nature of other unexplained aspects of this hypothetical world where eating humans is a social norm.

Yet you can make your own assumptions too, which could differ from my own, so really, before I answer something like that you have to be a lot more elaborate about exactly how such a world functions and came into existence. Also, what level of nutritional science I'm aware of or know or if I'm simply an average Joe with everyday nutritional education(which is virtually zero).

However, I suspect you want to equate animal rights to human right, given your question, since you are taking something we do to animals, eating them, and asking what if we eat people?

The mistake you are making with that argument is that while humans have rights, they also have societal responsibility and suffrage. Animals, by their nature, can not assume responsibility or practice suffrage, and hence it makes no sense for them to have rights.

I don't eat it. I'm vegetarian and haven't touched red meat in almost a year and never plan on doing so again c:

1 year lol
get rekt

It helps builds muscle better then any other protein apparently.

And we all get cancers. It's the price of living in the modern first world. Most of us simply live with then die with theme or our bodies fight them off.
The unlucky few have cancers that grow and become something that will overtake their bodies and eventually kill them.
There really is no diet that will 100% prevent them from occuring as long as you live in the modern world and live with most modern conveniences.
That's is a terrible horrible truth.

Normally I'd tear your post to shreds with science and logic, but out of respect for your sick satan quads I will abstain.

It's healthier than eating vegetables and it feels good knowing something had to die so that I may live

>excessive red meat is bad
>a single bite of red meat will instantly give you 16 different kinds of cancers and rape your dog
why do people always make leaps like this?
you can eat red meat and be perfectly healthy. you just cant eat 6 mcdonalds cheeseburgers every day and be perfectly healthy.

besides, everything comes with a cost. the better the thing, the higher the cost.

There's 4 6s up there.
By the way, the mark of the beast is actually 616.

And please, don't let the 6 quad stop you.
I'm interested in your science and logic.

there are cultures where eating people is a social norm. all the people in those cultures ate people. it is safe to say that if you grew up eating long pig, you would not think it was weird to eat long pig.

it taste good

dont know why i replied to you. thats my bad.

As it turns out, there is no evidence suggesting that eating red meat is harmful to human health, however there is evidence that it is healthy. It was correlative evidence done poorly, as in the researchers made terrible inferences with weak correlation and multiple uncontrollable factors based on "empirical observations" of statistics from self proclamations of diets. Or in other words, they made a leap of logic that red meat was causing cancer because people with cancer said they enjoyed eating red meat.

In reality, it's no secret that burnt organic material (HCO's) are always carcinogenic and people are retarded and eat burnt steak. Less people burn chicken and definitely not fish on purpose. Also, it turns out that people that eat red meat eat more. Also, you don't cook vegetables as much as you do meat. Also, there's more bacteria in meat that can change cells. Also, pescatarians are too small of a sample. Also vegans don't eat enough to have wear on their stomachs. and so much more.

You said it yourself: social norm.
If it was a social norm I'd eat humans probably, we're still meat

>not eating strong people to gain their power
>making it

>not going Wendigo mode
>making it
Choose one, buddy

>it's proven to cause terrible health problems like cancer and heart disease

it only has been linked you fucking idiot, learn what the implications of that sentence are before spewing vegan BS all over the place. No wonder no one takes you guys seriously

KYS enviromento-shill

We aren't going to stop eating meat. Fuck your weak ass estrogen soaked plant bullshit.

>There's 4 6s up there.
Yes. Satan(6) quads(4).
>By the way, the mark of the beast is actually 616.
That is interesting, but it seems both 666 and 616 are acceptable, depending on which translation/source you work with. I'm not going to dwell in this though.

>And please, don't let the 6 quad stop you.
>I'm interested in your science and logic.
Out of respect for your divine trips of holy light, I will:

>It helps builds muscle better then any other protein apparently.
It isn't the protein, per se, as once digested by the body into amino acids there really isn't much of a difference. The only advantage meat would have is that it has a good profile for essential amino acids, but once you get down into the detail, that is only a disadvantage for plant based sources if you have virtually no variation in your diet.

Most of what helps you build muscle from flesh is the other anabolic compounds found in meat, such as creatine and hormones. This can be a double edged sword though as hormones also promote cancer growth, and could have other side effects, such an gynocomastia.

Even then, there are studies that cast doubt on the supposed superiority of meat based proteins, such as the pic related(Veeky Forums spam filter won't let me post text) that show pea protein to be just as effect as whey protein.

(continued)

>And we all get cancers. It's the price of living in the modern first world.
Yes, but cancers are caused by things, and you have a great deal of control over your exposure to things that cause cancer.
>Most of us simply live with then die with theme or our bodies fight them off.
This is true, most of us start developing tumors in our twenties. The food we eat though plays a big role in wether they stay benign or turn malignant.
>The unlucky few have cancers that grow and become something that will overtake their bodies and eventually kill them.
Once again, some cancers you can't do anything about, but most of the ones that end up killing people are the ones we do have some degree of control over, wether it be prevention or therapuetic manegement.
>There really is no diet that will 100% prevent them from occuring as long as you live in the modern world and live with most modern conveniences.
See above, your diet can be very cancer promoting, or very cancer preventing.
>That's is a terrible horrible truth.
Yes, but it's not like your diet and lifestyle has no impact on your life expectancy. Just look at the fat lards dying of heart attacks when they are 30, versus the 7th day Adventists who do chores around the house while being over 100.

The terrible truth is that a great deal of your health is in your control, and most people are simply too lazy to learn what impacts it and how, so instead they rationalize it as out of their control, like fatties that blame PCOS or thyriod conditions.

While covering more than cancer, this is a good starting point: nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die
Unfortunately that particular video is a summary and doesn't cite the sources used, but everything is based on other videos on the site which do list sources cited, so you just have to look up individual topics as per your interest.

Its is "proven" to raise the chance of getting colon cancer by 0,8%. Allthough it is not clear wether that 0,8% chance is actually caused by the meat, or by other lifestyle factors. (for example, people who eat more red meat could very well just be people who eat more of everything. People who eat more of everything might very well just care less about their health, exercise less, smoke more etc etc.)

And even IF it is sure that it is caused by the meat, its still only a 0,8% increase in risk of 1 specific type of cancer.

DESU.., im not convinced, ill stick to eating red meat. (im a nutrion student, 1 more year and ill be a registered dietician)

(continue)
So just to summarise, your argument is that because some cancer will inevitably happen, that we should just give up and ignore what science has to tell us about what we can do to minimise our risk of developing or dying from cancer.

This is logically the same as saying that because car accidents will happen anyway, why bother stopping at stop streets, looking for oncoming traffic, or wearing seat belts.

No, I didn't say that at all.
I said cancer will happen no matter what diet you have based on the fact that living in the first world causes genetic damage.
It is all in your control but it would take a lot more effort and money then most people have to be completely free of it. The fact that it can be done does not mean it's totally possible to accomplish.

And wholly plant based diets do cause certain types of cancer and disease as well. You even have to supplement with vitamins.

Also whey protein is merely adequate, it's in fact inferior to cow based meat when it comes to putting on muscle mass.

>Also whey protein is merely adequate, it's in fact inferior to cow based meat when it comes to putting on muscle mass.
Where do you base that on? As far as i know whey has a significantly better protein quality than beef. (both bioavailability and amino composition) I dont really see what other factors there are that make beef better. Please tell me

>No, I didn't say that at all.
>I said cancer will happen no matter what diet you have based on the fact that living in the first world causes genetic damage.
This is a matter of probability and statistics, but most of the damage comes from what you eat, and all the defence against that damage comes from what you eat.

>It is all in your control but it would take a lot more effort and money then most people have to be completely free of it.
Yes, so does not being a fat fuck. Stop making excuses.

>The fact that it can be done does not mean it's totally possible to accomplish.
Yes, you don't have complete control over whether you get cancer, but what about 50%? 90%?

>And wholly plant based diets do cause certain types of cancer and disease as well.
Indeed, I recall a case where they studied different rates of cancer on plant based vs meat based diets, and out of 15 or 10 types of cancer, on a plant based diet all types were less frequent for plant eaters, except for urinary tract cancer, which was higher.

I'd go with the diet that has the least overall cancer risk.

>Also whey protein is merely adequate, it's in fact inferior to cow based meat when it comes to putting on muscle mass.
Like I said, that superiority is likely due to anabolic compounds found in flesh, probably more so modern industrial beef as they tend to inject hormones in them for increased growth speed. Pretty sure you'd get similar effects with milk instead of whey because milk is also rich in anabolic compounds(baby calves grow at 4 times the rates human babies do), but I don't know how much of that makes it into whey, which is refined.

But, this is basically similar to taking very small doses of anabolic steriods and creatine. Sure, it helps you grow quicker, but it isn't ideal for long term health.

(cont)
>You even have to supplement with vitamins.
There are only two essential nutrients you don't find in plants: Vitamin B12 and D. (there are rare exceptions but I'm not going to cover them)

However, both of these have natural non-animal sources. For Vitamin D, we all know we can make that with exposing our skin to sunlight.

For B12, it is actually made by water borne bacteria. However, modern water sanitation practices prevents these bacteria from living in our drinking water, and hence, the water is devoid of B12.

Natural water sources like lakes and rivers have been shown to contain adequate levels of B12. Naturally, unsatised water has its risks, up until a few hundred years ago, that is the water we drank. Boiling kills pathogens though without harming B12 though.

Here is an example of B12 found in natural water: aslo.org/lo/toc/vol_17/issue_2/0315.pdf

So really, meat doesn't have a monopoly any nutrients, and given our evolutionary context, there is zero strict requirement for meat in our diet.

Vitamin D and B12 are universally recommended supplements however regardless of your diet. The reason we need to supplement those today is because of our unnatural lifestyles.

I have actually tasted human.

When I was out in PNG it was customary to eat a recently deceased elder as a sign of respect. To imbue yourself with the spirit of your ancestor for guidance.

While it was a culture shock, for them it was customary.

I am now enjoying +5 Strength, +5 Wisdom, +3 Willpower, +2 Constitution.

Because I like the taste and enjoy eating it.

i'd do it for the gains

>proven to

nope

Because I can, and your thread on a Somalian Water paintings forum won't stop me.

Probably t.b.h

Everyone who died of cancer breathed air and drank water.
Stop inhaling now.

Because it tastes great and I'm not a low test twink