Is it possible to lose 20kg and become able to do 10 pullups in 20 weeks of training?

Is it possible to lose 20kg and become able to do 10 pullups in 20 weeks of training?
I'm currently 96kg and 1,82m. I started working out again 3 weeks ago but I've never taken it seriously.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NnN8ksvVRIQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can easily lose a kilo a week. Idk about 10 pullups

My idea was to lose weight to make the pullups easier.

Dunno about the weight loss but 10 pull-ups is something that is easily attainable in half that time.

You will pass boot.

Not unless I can do at least 4 pullups and reach level 7 in the beep test.

YOU CAN DO BOTH WITH ADEQUATE DIET, GREASING THE GROOVE, AND STRENGTH TRAINING. KEEP YOUR REPS IN THE 3-5 RANGE, AT LEAST 2-3 MINS RECOVERY BETWEEN SETS.

What the fuck is a beep test?

7 beep test is easy dude

Leger test.

Yeah. My most concern is the pullups part.

Also ignore this faggot
>3-5 reps
>3 minutes rest

Yea that's gonna be real fucking helpful when your doing hundreds of push-ups and burpees for 10 minutes straight with no rest on some quarter deck. Retard

YOU ARE THE RETARD. GO FIND PAVEL TSATSOULINE SO HE CAN BITCH SLAP YOU TO OBLIVION WITH HIS SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE OF PULLUP TRAINING

10 pull ups is pretty easy
you'll get tons of noob gains to facilitate that if you take it seriously
i dunno about weight loss though

OR I could find Major Charles Lewis Armstrong who actually literally wrote the book on doing more pullups for Marines, who are also required to run hike swim and do bodyweight exercises for hours, not be a fat powerlifting retard with 7 half rep Kipping underhand "pullups"

Op look up major Armstrong pullup workout, eat at a deficit and do cardio and crunches and shit. Bootcamp is easy

yes
youtu.be/NnN8ksvVRIQ

I'm 90 kg
And I can do pull-up 7 reps. So I think in 20 weeks you can probably make 10.

It depends on how much you way after losing the 20 kilos and how strong you are.

But to answer your question with those variables in mind: most likely.

Dead hang or just down to below parallel? I only do wide-grip, dead hang I can hit 13 for a set and below parallel 20

Bw is 90kg

4-5 months? yeah sure, pretty easy.

Thanks for all the responses.

If you're thinking of going Marines, a lot of guys swear by the Armstrong Program. Just go google it. Should improve your pullups considerably in 20 weeks.

Not Marines, but I don't know if it's too much different.

Yes

my max is 14 chin ups. how do I increase this? i do 10 reps at home like every hour on arm day.

Instead of doing 10 do 14 then 15 then 16 then 17

Lost a similar amount of weight in about the same timeframe myself, started out not being able to do a single pull up, personally I started using an assistance band and was up to doing 5 strict within a couple weeks, can now do 5x5 or about 12 strict in one go.

I'm UK and going for PARA's, but I hear the Marines have a massive resource of fitness information, your recruiting staff will also note that you've inquired about fitness plans guaranteed, so do that too.

10 pull ups is pretty easy to achieve, look into greasing the groove. Basically, you take half of your max rep pull ups (let's say you can do 6, you take 3), and do several sets throughout the day with a few hours in between each set.

Do weighted chin ups / pull ups

10 pull-up in 20 weeks easy. from your starting weight.
From your starting weight, 20kg in 20 weeks never. It would be a crash diet.
You can off 10kg easy and get your 10 pull-up in 20 week.
You can even get 10 pull-up and the muscle-up.

>AND STRENGTH TRAINING. KEEP YOUR REPS IN THE 3-5 RANG
Autism

Isn't it true that you do chin ups in the military, not pull ups? I fucking hate pull ups. They're pretty awful on my rotator cuffs.

well... to lose 1kg a week, you would probably lose muscle mass along with the fat. So it really depends on how you train and how your body responds.. If your goal is more oriented towards doing 10 pullups than losing the 20kg, i would maybe advise you to go for a less radical goal (10kg in 20 weeks instead), to help maintain the muscle mass

>lose 1kg/week
>10 pullups from untrained in 5months
yes, very possible