What's the point of doing back squats over front squats?

What's the point of doing back squats over front squats?

>less leg involvement
>longer recovery time
>posterior chain activation made redundant if you do deadlifts

Do they offer any advantage whatsoever?

It doesn't fuck up your back.

WTF I hate back squats now

>What's the point of doing back squats over front squats?

trap gains

I've always been confused about this too. Don't front squats offer the same thing except with less risk of knee or back injury?

I have piss poor mobility.

it's really the same between dumbell bench and barbell bench.
You can improve faster and can load heavier weights.

wat

RIP Wrists

if you want bruised collarbones/shoulders go ahead and do front squats

Found the corelet

Front squats are objectively superior bur powershitters like their meme lift too much

I can only do front squats with kettle bells. My forearms are too long to rack the bar

Front squat = more quad and lower back work
Back squat = more glute and hammy work
A proper front squat or clean doesn't use the wrists to hold the weight - it rests upon your shoulders, and your hands are there for minimal support.

Then why do Olympic lifters train back squats?
>Actual lifters who compete in the Olympics, not weightlifters.

You must back squat if you want to make the most gains. It, along with the deadlift, recruit more overall muscle fibers and are better for overall strength than any other lifts.

Good way to pass out during your set

Is Kendrick a King of Weightlifting?

He refers to himself as such, but he just finished 11th

Why?

grow some delts/stop being a pussy either one will do

that's one of the ugliest snatch form I've seen

why is this so funny

>failed lift has bad form
You don't say

>I have never done front squats in my life

>What's the point of doing insert leg accessory (lunges, leg press, extensions, etc) over squats?

>less leg involvement
>less functional
>quad activation made redundant if you do squats

>Do they offer any advantage whatsoever?
>Why not just do more sets of squats?

Because variation is good.

You might aswell do smith squats or leg press if "leg involvement" is all you care about.

>lunges, leg press, extensions
These are literally memes except for lunges though

Veeky Forums is even more dumb than bodybuilding com and tnation these days holy shit.

Because when you're no longer a sub 5 pl8 dyel deadlifter you will know you can't pull that often. Also front squats use less weight thus less gains

Lift failed because of shitty form from the start. See bar path. it was almost like curl.

You can fail the catching, or not generalte enough power on the second pull, or lose stability or whatever. But that lift clearly falied as soon as it leaved the floor and that's form aka not enough training.

Actually olympic lifters back squat because an upright highbar squat puts less stress on the knees and carries over slightly better to the hardest part of the clean; getting the bar as high as possible to get under it. Front squatting the weight after is (relatively) easy in comparison, so there's no need for a large amount of training focus on just front squats.

Front squats are objectively better for building quad strength and mass, but they're much harder to learn as a beginner and they don't drive DL progress, making back squats far better in a squat every day program like SS, since you can afford to squat more often and DL less often but still make good DL gains.

I do that on lighter sets and I've never had an issue. You bend over forwards when you start to get tired, not backwards.

When you're no longer a sub 5pl8 dyel deadlifter, you'll know that you can pull as often as you damn well please, faggot. Learn to program your assistance work so you're not taking 3 minute rests in between sets of 10 conventional deadlifts and being a shitty ego lifter in general.

So you pull heavy (90-95%) multiple times a week ? Calling bullshit post dl video

You do lighter assistance works with like 60 seconds rests. I never said max out on the same lift twice a week. Read what I said about assistance work, lower the weight and rests and don't do 3 sets of 10 with your 12 rep max taking 3 minute rests between sets and going to near failure.

I was going to say why you replied to my post but I noticed I didn't include heavy so my bad.

Dude has heart

dat valsalva

whynotboth.jpg

My gym doesn't have a squat rack (lmao) so I started off doing front squats exclusively until it got harder to clean the increasing weight from the floor with my terrible btwi'magrill upper body strength, so I started back squatting off the oly bench as well. I still prefer front squats though, find it easier to keep my back upright/neutral; my back squat form is shit because long femurs.

To begin with I was a bit bothered by
but honestly that stops altogether after a few weeks, and this is coming from someone with non-existant delts upon which to rest the bar.

Having said all this, my quads are getting completely out of control. I cycle a lot as well so I'm starting to look like that guy that gets posted a lot

Back squats are a better overall leg strength builder. But its not like its a must.

Most people have neither the wrist mobility, shoulder mobility, ankle mobility nor hip mobility.

Plus they emphasize quads slightly more while the general population would benefit more from a glute emphasis.

yeah, snaps your shit up. you want to snap your shit up don't you?

>grill
>long femurs; tall
>thick thighs
>probably blonde
>will pass on her genes to my children

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

fucking meme jerk

think he was just talking about the pussy pad or hand position

deserved it for meme jerking

Front squats are safer than back squats in every way if you have the proper mobility

Lol they are both safe.. I've never seen/heard anyone in our (weightlifting) gym have any kind of accident from doing squats (high bar)

fronts are just an accessory to your main lifts.

>I've never seen/heard anyone in our (weightlifting) gym have any kind of accident from doing squats

>Having said all this, my quads are getting completely out of control. I cycle a lot as well so I'm starting to look like that guy that gets posted a lot

What guy?

you may prefer one over the other, but you would be retarded not to do both

What a pussy

OP I thought the exact same thing and replaced high bar back squats with front squats. It just didnt make me any stronger in general. And this is despite really feeling comfortable during front squats.

My guess is that having a lot of weight on your back during a high bar squat offers some sort of qualitative advantage. Yes you should in theory be able to back squat more than you front squat but unless I actually did back squats I didnt feel like I progressed at all.

>less leg involvement

But that's not true user. You're probably doing your squats wrong if you feel like there's less leg involvement compared to FS.

It's good for beginners so they can strengthen their post chain faster and thus develop a solid foundation and "STARTING STRENGTH"

my routine has 2 days that I do 3x week and I want to incorporate some front squatting but >tfw keeping elbows pointing forward is a bitch

they just go down mid-first rep, what can I do for this? been doing some exercises for flexibility but dont seem to do shit

your core needs work

Doubt it

the problem is on the top part, its fucking hard to get my elbows pointed forward

this

theyre easier

try harder

I bet you wear gloves while doing back squats too don't you

front squats are better for glutes, m8

>11th
in the world (in his weight class)
there are more than 11 kings in the whole world

He'd have got it up if not for the veganism.

those adipowers look nice

Fucking retards.

Why would there be less risk of knee injury with front squats?

I prefer back because I like having my shoulder blades naturally retracted when squatting.

And each of them is king of different kingdoms.
Yet weightlifting apparently has >11 kings per weight class?
Retard

>What's the point of doing back squats over front squats?
BECUSE RIPP SAYS SO!!111

>shitty weightlifter
>king
kekked

Putting things in parenthesis (doesn't mean other people won't read it and see how retarded you are)