Fit how do you find someone to spot for you at the gym...

Fit how do you find someone to spot for you at the gym? I've been using my home gym for the past 2 years but i moved into a dorm today so now I have no choice. Do I just walk in and ask someone or do I actually have to bring someone to spot for me?

>pic related college I'm going to

do you bench over 225?

Just ask the nearest guy.
Also be sure to tell him DONT TOUCH THE FUCKING BAR unless I ASK.

90% of retards think spotting means helping you finish the rep the moment you start struggling, and when you're about to go for a PR you've been thinking about for days, they go fucking ruin it and you have to contain your autistic rage and say thanks anyway.

IU SUCKS

I bench 205 now. Could bench 225 within a month or two i think.

t. Purdue fag

Is there a specific type of person I should look for.

If you've went 2 years without a spotter then why would you suddenly need a spotter?

Anyway, this is retarded. Why are you asking how to ask for a spotter? Did you post on a different board asking how do you ask Veeky Forums how to ask people to spot you?

"can you spot me on my next set"

"can I get a large pepperoni pizza"

"can i buy you a drink"

Asking for things is easy. We've been doing it since we learned to talk... The worst that can happen is they say no and you have to ask someone else (WHO WASN'T WATCHING YOU THE WHOLE TIME IN ORDER TO JUDGE YOU FOR HAVING YOUR REQUEST REJECTED)

Whenever I couldn't push the bar back up I would roll the bar off of me onto the bench, and then I would stand up on my bench and deadlift the bar back into position.

I don't think that's proper gym etiquette though so I'm not going to try that.

As for the other part of your post, well im autistic as fuck.

Wait. You've been doing narrow stance deadlifts straight after failure?

Lmao. Most people just roll the bar onto the floor and then take the plates off.

Nice job losing the pinstripe bowl to a basketball school lol

That takes to long though. Plus I actually sort of made it part of my routine by doing a set of 12 shoulder shrugs before putting the bar back on. I'm actually worried my traps are gonna lose size because I'll no longer be able to do that.

wtf is going on lol

If you're failing bench so much that you actually incorporated that into you're routine you're retarded, your bench program sucks, your entire program sucks, you're dyel as shit, and delusional about any muscle size you have.

I don't really have a program. I just bench until failure for 3 sets every 2 days.

I'm not huge and probably look dyel but there's definetly some size.

I'm not the guy that called you retarded... But you do need to fix your routine. You shouldn't be working til failure every 2 days. It doesn't allow room for increasing weight steadily. Doesn't allow for appropriate recovery.. and most importantly does not compute with your CNS.

Maybe you have made gains from your starting point. But you will do much better following tried and tested methods... The method you seem to have adopted has been scientifically proven to be insufficient and (eventually) counter productive.

You don't look bad or anything. But a lot of people honestly look like that when they don't lift at all. So if you look like that after 2 years then you need to change your approach.

I've been on and off lifting so it's not like I spent the whole 2 years doing this. Also used to be a skelly so I gained a lot compared with what I used to look like.!Current streak has been for the past 2 months.

Should I do ss or is there another program that would suit me better?

Yeah bro, I wasn't putting you down or anything.

Doing it on and off for the past 2 years would make complete sense though considering you have been fighting against your CNS by lifting til failure so often. It's only natural that you would either NEED to take frequent breaks or end up ill and depressed.

If you're not going to be 100% dedicated, then trying to follow a routine exactly will demotivate you since and you'll have to constantly adjust it for missed days or sessions you messed up somehow... But as long as you follow the basic idea of a routine, you should be fine.

>Give 48 hours minimum before working the same muscle group again
>legs on one day, chest, shoulders + tris on a different day, back and biceps on a different day is easy to follow
>start lighter and increase weigh slightly each session until you can't anymore, then aim to increase every 3rd session or whatever
>3 sets of 10 reps is useful and easy to stick to

But yeah. Personally I only reach failure like 3 times a year lol. Shit sucks. You grow sitting on your ass playing video games or sleeping, so doing an extra quarter rep is rarely worth it the stress

>IU

Enjoy your Chlamydia

nigga just ask some random bro if they can give you a spot. tell them how many reps your going for, if you want them to help you or not, etc.

What if it's a really low number like 2 or 3? Also will they spot for multiple sets?

You shouldn't need a spot for every set, just your last/heaviest