Can you get in good cardiovascular shape using this machine? And is it better on your knees than jogging or running?

Can you get in good cardiovascular shape using this machine? And is it better on your knees than jogging or running?

>And is it better on your knees than jogging or running?
Running is not bad for your knees and joints. In fact, you actually strengthen them by doing it.

What is bad for them is being overweight, and then running only highlights the real problem.

So many people in the thread the other day were saying how bad running is for your joints

Try doing your own research and not just blindly following what people on a anime imageboard say, but yes what said is true but I'd just walk more if I were you rather that fucking you're shit up nigga

running killed my joints even tough i'm not overweight

running is not bad for you knees ffs, humans have been running since forever, running strengthens all ypur bones because bones require resistance to get stronger, i trained soccer for years and there is nothing wrong with my knees

you ran like a retard then

Human beings are literally designed for long distance running. As long as your form is good, your joints will be fine.
If you're a hambeast, then your joints are gonna have a hard time.
Regardless, advantages of elliptical vs treadmill are trivial, do what you prefer.

1. Genetics
2. Technique

>strengthens all ypur bones
Wouldn't it strength the muscle?

does both, but bones were in question

Trivial

Not OP but as a fat fuck I should opt for the elliptical over running at first, yeah? Until I get to a reasonable weight at least, right? I was planning to start Couchto5K once I gained some more endurance and wasn't as heavy.

Bump

Bump

Yes and yes.

This is absurd broscience. Literally take 10 minutes to google. Current research suggests that running does not cause arthritis and other long-term knee problems, but lots of runners get knee pain and knee injuries from running. Studies of long-term runners have a notorious selection bias: they ignore the large swath of people who quit running because of injury.

Maybe it's caused by poor form or other factors, but how do you know OP won't have those risk factors? I can tell you that I ran varsity track three seasons for four years and there were a LOT of people who got knee pain and injuries.

There are ways to alleviate it, sure, like ice and strength training.

But OP asked if ellipticals are less likely to hurt your knees, and the answer is yes.

ur an idiot. a bonafide retard

You can get in good cardiovascular shape doing literally any kind of exercise; get your heart rate up, do it long enough, and do it regularly enough.

It's good if you want to boost your oestrogen levels

But if you want to be a man then you should probably hit the treadmill, bike or rowing machine bro.

Yo I am also a disgusting fat fuck and am losing weight at the moment but am also poor as fuck and can't afford a gym membership so I ride too and from work about 45 minutes each way and I have been doing this for 6 weeks and started at 110kgs but nearly 2 weeks ago I started doing 10 pushups a day to start with going up by 1 a day and i am now day 11 in increasing pushups daily and am doing 21 a day+my biking also cutting down on eating and eating alot healthier I am now 99 kgs and feel alot healthier and am keen to keep going and get A E S T H E T I C

ayyy I got trips but also can anyone who was once fat and lost weight tell me if my skin will ever tighten up? and will I lose my stretch marks? Right now I have a noticeable ammount of extra skin and if I keep this up it will get alot worse.

Also can anyone tell me if the pushup plan is good or not? should I have rest days? I'm just going in blind and have no idea what I'm doing I know my form but not if I will fuck my body from having no rest days or increasing too fast and pushing my muscles too hard or something plox help fitbros

See Regardless it's better to have loose skin than be dead and fat.

Anything you do at first will built muscle and lose weight. It's the blessing of being a beginner.
You should exercise more than just one muscle/group and give worked groups days off. In other words, don't do a million push-ups every day. Get a balanced set of body-weight exercises or plyometrics and alternate. E.g. just off the top of my head, push up, squats, crunches one day lunges, dead-lift something heavy, pull ups the next.

I know that I don't give a fuck about the loose skin I would rather have that than be a disgusting blob for any longer and cheers man

> tfw the weather on the mountain today was so averse