Which type of barbell row will make me harbor the most gains...

Which type of barbell row will make me harbor the most gains? The one where you let it touch the ground or the one where you don't. Doing 5x5

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rNjwZ1fxtCQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRrIsoDpKg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4xq3BsKTzYo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

T-bar rows

wew

The one where you hinge at the hips instead of the elbows
Faggot

The one where you don't, because it puts your muscles under load for a longer amount of time.

The one where you do would likely lead to faster STRENGTH gains, however, as it will give your muscles less time under load, and thus a small chance to recover.

Fagit
Do
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rNjwZ1fxtCQ
Only sometimes do
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRrIsoDpKg

Also watch
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4xq3BsKTzYo

T bar or seal row are good accessories for intermediate.

Stick to barbell row and chin up/pull up as main lift

Tut is a meme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w

Yates is better for lat growth simply because you are lifting the weight more with your lats and less with your traps, teres, rhomboids, etc, and the final position of the concentric phase allows the muscle to contract harder, so more NSF's are engaged.

P.s. The tl;dw: on that vid is "progressively overloading training volume is the only factor for muscle growth"

mark rippetoe in starting strength 2nd edition says barbell rows from the ground, similar to your pic OP

He also says skellies need to eat 5,000-7,000 calories, and visible abs are for weaklings

have you seen his how to squat video? Its fucking terrible.

I think the better question is where should the bar hit? Above the belly button and slighlty below the pecs or directly on the pecs?

OP here, doing starting strength. Does it work? I'm 5'11, 140lbs

>He also says skellies need to eat 5,000-7,000 calories, and visible abs are for weaklings
and he's right about all those things

>

Sorry for getting off topic BTW, newish to lifting and confused. Read te

That's not even the main difference between the lifts... The range of motion is.

Have to stop typing while my message is being sent.
Going for mass bb, give me a year

wats a good set of dumbbells for some 1 on a tight budget?

it has to a brand that is adjustable, yeah ?

Yes but add the accessories from the get go. Track calories and after about a month or so add a cardio day. Stick with a 500 cal surplus and you should escape aushwitz mode. That add runn the program for about 6-8 months.

But SS has been reported to get people big legs and an imbalanced upper body. But its Still the best novice program out there. Rippletoe is an idiot though look at Alan Thrall's how to video for proper form.

Can't I avoid getting giant legs by looking in the mirror every once in a while?

Throw out protein powder and mass gainer and buy real food. Gym membership for $20-30 a month.

YATES ROWS

Nope.

The fast way to get big and strong is to do squats and even fast if youre doing them 3x week. Leg day is a meme only people who "die" from leg day are people who dont train legs and thats why they get DOMS.

Only reason people get the imbalance is because they dont do accessories or put them off and dont add them till theyre 6months deep into the program.

What are accessories?

Confirmed for not going ham on legday.

fatty

chin ups, pull ups, dips

Weighted chin ups, weighted pull ups, weighted dips

And if you want dumbbell curls and preacher curls.

Go back to the Veeky Forums homepage and click the dancing dino and read the sticky.

DOMS are a symptom of undertraining. fix your progression model

It worked for me bro, good strenght gains and some size. I only did SS for 4 months then movers on to reg parks beginner routine. Just eat like crazy, lift heavy and sleep. What helped me out was every couple of workouts I'd just make up my own or do a full body day to mix it up.

Pic related
6' 195lbs

I've noticed my lats have grown from ditching rows altogether and doing pullups with a backpack on.

Whenever I would do rows, if I would struggle on a rep or towards the end of the set I would cheat on the rep because of how easy it was to do so. Then every once in awhile I would de-load and kinda start over again "strict".

anyways just do pull ups op instead of cheating on your rows like everyone else.

Front squats and Back Squats are all you need.

Sorry I dont meme press like you breh.

>skipping legday

Pull ups have always been the king exercise for your back especially if its weighted.

>Believing in BroSplits

hate to break it to you but leg day is a meme

Should we tell him?

>Having a leg day meme image for those special occasions

Quite devilsh my dyel friend

>tfw can't squat
I hate life

Start lighter retard

Widen stance. Trace knees over toes.

this is impossible unless you are wheel chair bound
squat faggot

DOMs are a symptom of shit genetics. I've only had DOMs bad enough to make walking tough after the first couple workouts on StrongLifts.

Now squatting 275 for 5 on Madcow and never get them, even after a week or 2 break.

the ones where you touch the ground, its the longest range of motion and will yield the most hypertrophy and strength

my right ankle is very close to paralyzed from an accident, so I literally can not squat. This isn't a case of "waah I don't wanna"

Stop whining or KYS faggot

one legged squats for your left leg, leg extensions for your right leg, easy

Can pullups really replace rows? I fucking hate rows, and doing them after deadlifts is harder than doing pullups after deadlifts for me