Any of you all try a Soylent diet? I need to lose weight and I'm doing a poor job of planning out my shopping and meals

Any of you all try a Soylent diet? I need to lose weight and I'm doing a poor job of planning out my shopping and meals.

Why waste time mixing it up when you can just buy food ready to drink

If youre doing a shitty job at tracking macs and planning meals, what makes you think that doing a shitty soylent diet will help you? You obviously have no will power. Fuck dude, just eat MOSTLY whole foods and whole grains. If youre really retarded and need more wiggle room, just substitute your largest meal of the day with a slow digesting casein protein shake, add some oats, and FUCKING BAM. weight loss

I drink a bottle each morning for breakfast because it means i can sleep in a few more minutes. Not worth trying to do more really

What does it taste like??
It looks pretty gross desu

>Soy

Bwahahahahahhahaha

Do you feel good until lunch? Breakfast is the hardest for me. My stomach doesn't agree much with eggs or milk.

How do we know that there isn't other shit we're getting from food that Soylent doesn't have?

kinda like pancake batter i guess? its a very mild taste, not bad but nothing i crave.

I tend to drink one around 8:30-9 and start getting hungry around 12. Its only 400 calories

I wanted to like it but it just wasn't filling for me. I would drink the entire day and would still be hungry

Even setting aside how bad of an idea this is, don't buy fucking Soylent. Soylent is overpriced crap made by a guy with zero background in nutrition, produced in a factory full of roaches, and it'll make you fart and shart yourself.
Go to Target and get some Ensure. An actual product made by people who know what they're doing

Macro and micronutrients required for humans to survive are pretty damn well researched and documented. The guy who made Soylent spent a lot of time researching exactly what a human body needs every day, refining his formula, and testing it on himself. I remember reading his first batch he was missing something and he started getting lightheaded after a couple days of an all-soylent diet, then he figured out what was missing and added it in.

I drank nothing but Soylent, water, and soda for two weeks straight. I then continued drinking Soylent for breakfast and snacks for a month. AMA.

Personally, I loved it. Besides the weird green shits I got, I felt healthy, well-rested, and strong as usual. The only thing that really got me was the social pressure to eat food at work since my work always had great free food lying around.

400 is a good number. I'm trying to hit 2000 a day on 3 meals and light snacks. I feel like I spend 2 hours a day preparing food though. Workout, Cook, School, Cook, Work, Sleep, repeat.

It tastes like a bland cheerio smoothie. Not bad when it is cooled, actually

That's not good! "I tried various formulas, and this one that I'm selling was the first that didn't make me light-headed or cause muscle cramps!"
Meal replacement shakes have existed for a long time, some of them were even made by qualified doctors and nutritionists, as opposed to a moron who almost killed himself because he didn't realize it was possible to overdose on potassium.

>Ensure
>drinking sugar

soylent is really high on estrogen to the point where it can cause cancer. a research prof friend of mien is doing a study at unviersity of north carolina. im not gonna waste time to prove any of this or link articles so take it for what its worth.

>Tons of calories
>Soy
>Lots of sugar
>Costs a lot

Why? It's a waste of money.

>You now know soylent is a copy of carnation instant breakfast.

Dr. Science is probably rolling in his grave

just spend 2-3 hours every sunday freezing meals for the entire week
invest in tupperware too my man

Soylent only has 25g protein per 500ml serving.

That means you won't be getting nearly enough protein in. I used to have Huel, which has 37.45g protein per 500ml serving. Can't get it outside of Europe though.

>I need to lose weight and I'm doing a poor job of planning out my shopping and meals
Then you're a fuckup and you'll never keep the weight off. You have to CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE NOT TAKE SHORTCUTS, NIGGER. Drinking that stupid jizz is a SHORTCUT. Unless you're planning on guzzling that jizz the rest of your life, you'll have to go back to eating real food at some point -- and you'll overeat and eat the same shit you ate before, and become fatter than fatass all over again. Quit fucking up, quit drinking jizz in a bottle, and fucking LEARN TO EAT CORRECTLY.

Now GTFO.

I drink it to skip the meal before the workout.
If I eat a normal meal I would feel bloated and affects my lifts.
Soylent is a liquid so it is easy to chug down and digest for me.

>eating a meal of any kind before going to the gym
Dumbshit you're supposed to have a light snack at best and save the meal for AFTER the workout.

It literally doesn't matter.
I eat equal amounts before and after. 1 can of tuna and 2 eggs before, brotein powder and another can of tuna after.

I followed the 2 hour meme but I still felt bloated.

>all protein and fat
>no carbs for energy for the workout or recovery afterwards
Never going to make it.
Enjoy bonking hard at the gym when the going gets tough.

I pop a caffeine pill before working out and do fine. Or I'll have yogurt or tuna and bread.

I've already made it anyway.

Fuck you I eat a heavy 1500-2000 kcal meal 1-2 hours before I work out and I'm a fuckton stronger and more energetic now doing this than I was back when I was eating light and small before hitting the gym
I also ingest decent to high amounts of caffeine and glucose and fructose before during and after of course

i forgot about these but dam i lived off them as a kid... they still exist?

This. I ingest copious amounts of semen before my workout and I've never felt better.

so you're strongfat?
>permabulking

>i watched a motherboard show once, i know everything!! hurr
Moron

No. What the fatass faggot OP needs to do is LEARN TO EAT PROPERLY.

What the fuck is a motherboard show? and how does that effect the fact that Soylent is over-priced bullshit for morons?

I've been drinking Soylent as my primary food source for the third month now. It's getting old really and quick. I'm eating more and more fastfood and junkfood in between bottles because although Soylent is filling, it isn't cutting the cravings.