McDonalds to Include Fitness Tracker with Happy Meal

Fucking McDonalds! Can you believe they're doing this?!? Helping kids learn early about fitness? I mean it's bad enough they have the calories next to every menu item, making me feel shitty when I order a large meal and large soda, but now they're making kids think about what they eat too?

>exercising is punishment

Exercise IS punishment for some people.
You see, I thyroid condition so my doctor told me that if I do ANY exercise I will LITERALLY die. Plus I think have bad genetics that make me fat.
You wouldn't understand.

Jesus fuck. The comments sections on those stories are complete cess pools

It's a cute idea but you just know they'll stop working within 30 minutes
But then again what do you expect from a freebie

>It's a cute idea but you just know they'll stop working within 30 minutes
Why? Just because the parents are lazy fucks doesn't mean the kids wlil be to.

He's talking about the device brah

I think he means the trackers, not the kids.

I would totally want one as a kid. I'm sure they'll have no problem selling, either. I think McDonald's is one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) toy manufacturer(s) in the world, if I am not mistaken.

Did anyone else's elementary school give them one of these? Obviously I mean the old fashioned ones not these fancy colored touchscreen gizmos. Felt so clever opening it and faking how alpha my cardio is.

This is less about fitness and more about them trying to cash in on the pokemon go craze without having to throw dollars at nintendo.

Took me a minute, senpai,
Pretty sure that was the joke, bromies.

I remember those tamagachi toys they used to come with, prettyyyyy lit desu desu

Now that I think about it those were some pretty quality little toys to be coming with a fucking kids meal honestly. Or bro the fucking FURBY'S! Even those were like ACTUAL toys, man those days were prime.

>encouraging a kid to burn off his nuggets

They should be in prison.

brilliant plan

>give out activity trackers
>slightly tweak them in terms of sensitivity to movement
>registers more steps and more activity than actually performed
>people reward themselves with their "high levels of activity" with mcdonalds

Does it mean that this kind of parents tell their children that sport is kinda bad and they dont need to do exercises ?

It's disturbing

>[currentyear]
>not linking food to shame
HAHAHA

better step system than Pokemon Go

>You don't have to "earn" your food or feel guilty and punish yourself for eating it
B-but that's the whole foundation of western society.

I think the real problem is that people actually eat at McDonald's more than once a month.
It's especially hilarious when they claim fast food is cheaper than healthy food, yet they always buy a soda with their fast food meal. A soda every day for every family member quickly adds up to a lot of money. Why not just drink water?

>cardio
The horror

Don't worry brah I get and appreciate your humor, have a (You)

I always go to McDicks for a burger whenever I go to capital city, which is like 2 or 3 times a year.

>yfw there's no McDicks in my city

Where is that? I refuse to believe it.

Not him, but i live in northern sweden
>inb4 cuck, muslim, whatever
We had one mcdonalds here some years ago, which only lasted a few years because there just wasn't enough customers
I mean, it was just as expensive as every other place, probably more since you got less food than at most other places and they didn't even make the burgers specifically for each order; they were pre-made and just warmed up when someone made an order, and thus tasted worse than any other place here

Fellow swefag here from southern sweden and yes, actually mcdonalds isnt doing too good down here either
Actually had to close one in Göteborg because there werent enough customers to support all the resturants down town

The only McDonald's in my vicinity manages to stay alive only because it's right next to the Swiss border

>tfw eating 2 boxes of 20 mcnuggers in one sitting for cheat day.

>tfw companies "legally" can be inaccurate by 20%
>tfw these companies are probably "accidenatlly" overstating the 20% limit by another 20%
>tfw that 540 calorie burger is actually 780 calories

im assuming youre talking about the big mac because i managed to squeeze one into my kcals the other day.
sauce on it being 780 and not 540? gonna piss me off if i went over my cut because they misadvertised.

no source but they can "legally" intentionally mislabel it by 20% calories so it can be 650 and you can't do shit about it, and why wouldn't they? makes people more likely to buy it if the calorie count is lower (a lie)

Being a billion dollar corporation they can "accidentally" underestimate it another 10-20% so it could be 700+ and theyll be like "sorry, well pay 10million to the government to cover the damage, aren't you happy?"

Every single food source from a fast food chain or actual restaurant is different.
What they put on their calorie list for foods is just the estimate of a low and high end. As the the other user said 20% (I didn't even know it was that much).
You could literally have the shit luck and every time you eat fast food you're getting the chick putting extra mayo/ketchup/whatever on your burger that's making it over calories.

Taco bell is pretty bad about this, burrito is like 800 calories, go home and weigh it and it's more like 1k calories.

Its like that cause we exist in reality and not every burger is the same u fuckin accuracy autist

Devilish

It's a cool idea but they're cheap as fuck and really sensitive. My kid had 120 steps logged just figuring out how to fucking put it on. He's only three, mind you.

Rather than putting out cheap toys, maybe work on getting apple slices available at more locations for Happy Meals. My kid actually likes them over the yogurt.

The drink is like 30 cents extra with a meal, but I agree. They intentionally make the drink the cheapest part of the meal by far because it's also the part you're most likely to opt out of.

this, what the fuck

is it because I am a lifelong skelly that i have never thought that food = indulgence/shame, and exercise = punishment?

Even when I try to look up recipes or stuff about nutrition, alot of the content seems to lean toward implying that eating is "naughty" somehow. like a burger = you're being bad and a carrot = you're being good.

must be a miserable existence to constantly think in these terms when you have to eat food to stay alive

I hope people get help with their eating disorder

Do people actually link emotions to food? Maybe I'm just an autist but that is weird as fuck

This. I go more often now but when I was a kid we only went to Mcdrek for birthdays and in summer holiday. It should be a treat for kids, not a regular thing.

Getting a meal with a drink is normally cheaper than ordering a burger and fries alone.

How good are those trackers? I might get one for my cheat day since it sounds helpful

Why are you a grown parent on 4chinz?
That's a pretty bad example for your child

How fucking cheap are these trackers that they can put them in happy meals?

Aren't they usually 10 cent toys?

Kek I been here for years and my 17 year old even browses /b/ with me

At times they have some good stuff in there. Probably not these,

probably just pedometers

>that comment
How can you miss a point so entirely? They're not trying to shame kids, they're trying to make them and their parents think that McDonalds is healthy. Holy shit people are retarded.

>1,920 calories
>124g fat
>96g carbs
>100g protein

Eh it could probably be worse as long as you're bulking.

Guess what? They probably don't work.

underrated