Veeky Forums newfag here. Started my bulk diet today. Just finished eating an 855 calorie breakfast

Veeky Forums newfag here. Started my bulk diet today. Just finished eating an 855 calorie breakfast.

I feel like I'm gonna be sick. Did I eat too much? My daily calorie intake is meant to be a little over 2800 calories. Am I doing something wrong?

I thought getting Veeky Forums would be having fun lifting a few weights for an hour, maybe eating a little extra protein. Is this really what it's like?

what did you eat?

Scrambled eggs, protein cheerios, and yogurt+oat clusters.

You fell for the bulk/cutting meme, please educate yourself.

What meme? I just used the guide in the sticky.

You used outdated information.

>Did I eat too much?
No, it just feels that way because you're not used to meals that big. That'll change.

>Am I doing something wrong?
No, keep going.

>Is this really what it's like?
Yes.

What's been updated in the past 3 years since the sticky was posted?

Are you sure 2800 calories is enough? Seems a bit low to bulk on.
You'll get used to it, I have 1400 calories for breakfast every day and although I feel full I don't feel sick.

Maybe you want to do a lighter breakfast and eat more in the lunch/dinner time. I mean if you've been eating light and are just throwing yourself into a proper bulk, I guess you could be feeling a bit sick'ish. Either way this isn't a huge deal and you should adjust soon enough, but maybe eat more later on at night while you adapt.

Used the sticky. I weigh 120 lbs now, added 500 to my TDEE. I can't imagine eating that much in one sitting the way I am now. Did you start with that right off the bat or did it take time to get to that point? If the latter, about how long?

Thanks for the tips. I'll keep this in mind

you are ment to bulk on 2800? the fuck is your height/weight?

>tfw 3k is your maintenance

To bring my weight up, I just used Peanut butter, easy to digest and lots of calories. I used to make 2 sandwitches, 2 slices of bread with 50g of PB inbetween, take those suckers to work and eat them before I go home, can be anything as little as a bite a time, just finish them before work day is over

Auschwitz mode here. 5"8' and 120 pounds. I can literally see my heartbeat.

Sweet, I'll take that into work today. Thanks "breh."

shit, sorry senpai
I think I was 100lbs @ that height when I was 15

Bulked from 175 to 200 and maintaining that now, don't have to stuff my face with food anymore. 6'3" though.

Also for evenings if you still lack calories, I ate Halva, 100g has almost 500calories

Alright, if you're only 120lbs then that should be enough, I weigh 190lbs and am 6'4". I've always eaten quite a lot, probably about 3000 calories before I started lifting, then I started having two homemade shakes a day, one with breakfast and one just before I go to bed. 90g oats, one scoop whey protein, a tablespoon of peanut butter and half a banana in each shake, has about 650 calories and 37g protein. I find that even if I'm full and can't eat anything I can still make myself drink a shake, definitely helps with bulking.

Slowly increase calorie intake don't do big jumps or you will feel sick.

hahaha dumb cunt. just eat 5 meals a day about 350 calories each, spread out ur meals, u need a steady flow of energy not all of it at once, especially if u have trash tier metabolism.

>Bulk/cutting
>Meme
Pick one

Here's a proper meme

Replace that with oats with whole milk, yogurt, and pb in the oatmeal if you want more calories

Hi guys another dyel here. I started bulking and lifting around the beginning of April. I'm 5'11" - at that time I weighed 125 lbs. I began by eating 2500 a day, and after about a week moved up to 3000. I keep a food log and weigh everything, so I'm pretty sure about accuracy. At first my weight started going up very fast, I went from 125lbs to 150 in just a few months.

However, ever since then. my weight has stopped gaining so quickly. Now it seems I gain less than a pound a week. Is this normal? Was I just experiencing "noob gains"? I know my maintenance has gone up, but not that much, and I'm consistenly eating 3000 every day. Also my gym habits havent changed (going 3x a week for about an hour and a half)

Jesus dude, you should be glad it slowed down. A pound a week is plenty. The idea is to put on muscle not fat. I can only imagine how those 3 pounds a week treated your composition.

It's because you gained 25lbs, hopefully most of which is muscle. Noob gains are the strength gains from actually learning the movement and the transition from a completely trained physique to a one that lifts. Underweight people also put on more muscle

#

Well when I started I was a total skeleton. Now I look like a more normal weight. I'm okay with putting on fat and muscle at the same time, as long as there's less of the former than the latter.

#
I have definitely made strength gains, but I don't know if they're considered good for the time frame. For reference, when I started I was doing this routine:

Bouldering for 45 min.
3x10 weighted bench lunges (10lb dbs)
3x10 db flys (10 lbs)
3x10 db press (15 lbs)
3x10 incline db flys (10 lbs)
3x10 incline db press (15 lbs)
1x15 reverse db flys (5 lbs.)
1x15 incline Y raise (5lbs)
1x10 Rotator cuff resistance band pull thingies (no idea what they're called, you hold arm in L shape and swing open like a door)
1x 15 TRX crunch thingies (put ankles in TRX, get in push up position, engage core and bring knees to stomache. I know.. bouldering instructor recommended them)

me now:

Bouldering for 45 min.
3x10 weighted bench lunges (25lb dbs)
3x10 db flys (20 lbs)
3x10 db press (25 lbs)
3x10 incline db flys (15 lbs)
3x10 incline db press (25 lbs)
1x25 reverse db flys (5 lbs.)
1x25 incline Y raise (5lbs)
1x25 Rotator cuff resistance band pull thingies (no idea what they're called, you hold arm at side in L shape and swing open like a door)
2x30 TRX crunch

What the fuck is that program

what how is that even hard, My breakfasts easily go up to 1200 calories. 3 fried eggs, a double peanut butter sandwich with cheese, some milk, coffe and maybe a banana and im up to 1k without feeling that full or bloated no problem.

Literally just a hodge-podge of shit I came up with with 0 experience in fitness.

The bouldering is for fun, and grip strength I guess

The db flys and presses are cuz I want a bigger chest

The lunges are so my legs dont atrophy. Considering squats but I have no idea how and worried I'll fuck up my back

The Y raise, reverse fly and rotator cuff are to avoid shoulder injuries while climbing

The TRX thing is cuz I haven't bothered to find out anything better for my core. My abs are usually pretty sore afterwards so I guess that's a good sign right?

Is my routine absolute shit? I just want to git gud at climbing and have an ottermode physique.

Just eat a large rice pudding with each meal

You should slowly increase your calories up to your goal calories. Don't go from eating 1800 a day to trying to eat 2800, that's silly. If you work out hard, you'll be eating 2800 in 2 weeks.

Is this natty

How long would it take for a skelly to reach that?

Bees are dying.

Not an expert but from skelly with near perfect diet, training and sleep maybe 2-3 years?

According to the liam rosen, this is what you should be eating:

120lbsx 14= 1680 cal = maintenance.

1680+500=2180 cal

120libs x 16= 1920 cal

120libs x 18= 2160 cal

How did you get your tdee?

What you'll soon learn is that people don't have trouble getting huge because they don't work out enough, they have trouble because they don't eat enough often enough. If it were easy everyone would do it